Chapter 1

The sun was shining bright in the city of Cheswick. The beautiful sun rays bounced around the buildings and reached the surface of the earth. The streets were busy with people. People ran around the city meeting up with their friends and getting lunch together. Some people even stayed at their office to work.

Malcolm Becker was organizing the roses in his shop when the bell rang from his door. He smiled at the woman that walked into the flower shop. His smile was gentle and soft and his light green eyes made him look tranquil. His white hair bobbed upwards when he moved his head to see the customer. The sun shone into the flower shop high lighting his figure.

   " Hi, welcome to the Flower Corner. Are you looking for any specific type of flowers? "

   " Yes, I'm looking for some white lilies. "

   " How many? "

   " A dozen. "

   " If you'll wait at the counter over there, I'll be with you in a minute with your lilies. "

   " Okay, thank you. "

She smiled at him and walked to the front counter. Malcolm walked to the white flower section and searched for the lilies. He saw them in the corner of the shelf and gathered a dozen lilies. He walked to the section of bows and ribbons. He grabbed a yellow bow and ribbon, wrapping the ribbon around the bouquet of flowers and placing the bow on the ribbon.

Malcolm walked to the front counter and the woman was standing there looking down at her phone. Malcolm, gently, set the flowers on the counter and looked up at the woman. She turned her phone off and looked up at Malcolm.

   " That will be twenty-three dollars and forty cents. "

   " That much for lilies? "

   " The lilies are a dollar, ninety-six per stem. "

   " Okay. "

The woman brought out her wallet and pulled out a twenty and four one-dollar bills. She handed it to Malcolm and gathered the flowers into her arms.

   " Keep the change. "

   " Thank you. Have a nice day. "

The woman nodded and walked out of the flower shop. Malcolm watched her form disappear away from the glass windows.

   ' White lilies represent devotion or purity. The white lily specifically represents Christianity. She must be going to a church event. ' Malcolm thought.

Malcolm continued to take care of his flowers, waiting for customers. In an office building only two miles away, Y/n was working on her computer trying to get her report done. This specific report was due yesterday but due to a meeting, she had to hold off on the report. She typed away on her keyboard and watched as the screen lit up with words quickly appearing on the screen. The report was almost finished when a stack of papers was slammed on her desk.

   " L/n I need you to get these reports done by the end of the day. "

   " Sir. please understand I'm working through my lunch break and I had a meeting yesterday so I couldn't get this report done until today. Please cut me some slack. "

   " L/n I understand you are a very busy woman, but please understand there is no one else I can give these reports to. You are my best worker for a reason. If you wish Mrs. Murray can help you when she is done with her work. "

   " Thank you. "

The man nodded and walked away. You continued to type your report and after another hour passed Luz Murray pulled a seat up to your desk. Her short brown hair framed her face as her light blue eyes looked at the stacks of papers you had.

   " You have a lot of work Y/n. "

   " I know. I'm almost finished with this report and then I'll get started on that stack of papers. "

   " Okay, I've finished my work so I'll start helping you. "

   " Thank you, Luz. "

   " Anything for my best friend. "

Luz started going through the paperwork and you finished up your report. You printed the report from your computer. You stood up, then started making your way toward the printer in the technology room. You walked inside and almost tripped on the wires that decorated the floor. You walked to the printer, waiting for your papers to come out.

   " Hey, Y/n. How's your day been? "

You looked up and saw Burl Meadows leaning against the doorframe to the room. He had a smile glued onto his face and his brown eyes were bright when they looked at you. His black hair was gelled back and stiff.

   " Hi, Burl. It's been a busy day. I've had work non-stop when I got off of the elevator this morning. "

   " I understand, I've been swamped with work as well. I'm ready to go home. "

   " Agreed. "

You said goodbye to Burl as you picked your warm papers up from the printer. You walked to your boss's office and knocked on the door.

   " Come in. "

You opened the door and set the papers on his desk. You took his stapler and stapled the papers together. You took one of his many pens and signed the paper with your name and handed him the papers.

   " Here is the report from yesterday. "

   " Thank you. Is Mrs. Murray helping you with your other work? "

   " She is. "

   " Good. If you both get done early I'll let you take a break for a minute to grab something to eat since you skipped lunch. "

   " Thank you, Sir. "

You walked out of his office and ran to your desk. You started working on your papers to get them finished.