Chapter 28

" Okay, I got all of my clothes packed and ready to go. I just need to take my bag to the flower shop and head to work and I'm done for the morning. "

You had just finished packing our bags to stay with Malcolm at his place. It was Friday and you told Malcolm that you would have dinner at his house. He told you that you would stay the night throughout the weekend. You threw your bag over your shoulder and walked to your front door. When you opened the door you saw a bouquet of flowers and a note.

The flowers were red roses and the note didn't look long.

To Y/n

I gaze upon your foggy smile, for we are
connected together, I bequeath to you
your h/c hair, a soul through the sea
you leave my pulse
you lift up my body.
From, your secret admirer

   " Oh great. Another set of roses and a note. "

You picked them up and placed them inside your house before shutting the door and locking it. You walked to your car and placed your bag inside, shutting the door and enveloping your bag in darkness. You got inside the car and started driving towards the city, towards the flower shop. You parked your car in front of the shop and grabbed your bag from the trunk. You went into the flower shop and saw Malcolm tending to a section of flowers.

   " Welcome-Oh! Hey, Y/n. Here I'll take your bag and place it in the back. "

   " Thanks, Malcolm. "

You handed him your bag and he took it to the backroom. You waited for him to come back and when he did he had a small flower in his hand. He walked up to you and placed it in your hair, behind your ear.

   " There, those came in fresh this morning. "

   "It's lovely. "

   " They are. I ordered them from a special site online and they were shipped to me this morning. I'm excited to put them in the shop and start selling them. "

   " I would be too, this looks like it'll be your bestseller. "

   " Thank you. "

   " Have you eaten breakfast yet? "

   " No, I haven't. I forgot to pack last night so I packed my bag this morning. "

   " Y/n! You can't just skip breakfast, come over here. "

He gestured for me to walk with him and I followed him behind the counter. He pulled out a box of food and he opened it. He pulled out some breakfast that he cooked this morning, and he handed it to me. I pushed the food back towards him.

   " Malcolm I'm not taking your food. "

   " Y/n I insist. Please just take it, I don't mind. "

   " But Malcolm..."

   " Take it, Y/n. "

He shoved it into my hands once more and closed the box. I rolled my eyes and started eating the food he made, feeling the delicious taste of the food purge my mouth. I continued to eat the food until it was no more. I grabbed a napkin and wiped my hands with it, putting it in the trash beside me once I was finished with the wrapping.

   " You're a really good cook Malcolm. "

   " Why thank you. "

   " How did you learn how to cook this good? "

   " Well, while I was in college I took a few courses in food information and I decided to keep learning about food from there. I knew I would need to learn to cook one day for my wife when I'm married. I want to cook for my wife when I meet and marry her. "

   " That's very sweet of you Malcolm. "

   " Thank you. You better get to work now or you'll be late. "

   " Is it really that time? "

   " It is. "

   " Alright, so I'll see you here after work? "

   " Yup, and then we will leave from here to go to my place. Does that sound good? "

   " It does. I'll see you later Malcolm. "

   " Bye, Y/n. "

You started to leave the flower shop and head to work, once again not noticing a pair of eyes following you until they couldn't see you pass the window. You continued on to work with a full stomach.