Chapter 6

Luz got out of her car and you followed her. You both walked to the club and showed your ID's. When you walked inside the music immediately burst your eardrums. You stayed with Luz as you walked further into the club.

   " Let's get some drinks. "

   " Alright. "

You both walked to the bar and took seats. The bartender walked towards the two of you as he was cleaning a shot glass. He smiled at the two of you and set the glass down.

   " What is it I can get for you two fine ladies? "

   " I'll have a cola with rum. "

   " Alright and for you? "He questioned you.

   " I'll just have a cola. "

   " No, she'll have a ginger beer with bourbon. "

   " Alright, give me one moment ladies. "

The bartender walked away and started making your drinks. You both watched as he made your drinks. He brought the drinks and set them in front of you with a ticket. Luz took the ticket and signed it in her name. She grabbed her drink and walked off.

   " What a friend. She just left you here all alone. " The bartender said still standing in front of you.

   " She just needs to get loose. It's been a long day for her. "

   " I see. Is her alcohol tolerance low? "

   " A little. It seems like her tolerance never goes up. It's always low. "

   " She'll get drunk quickly. "

   " I know. "

You took a sip of your drink and continued to talk with the bartender. You enjoyed talking with him. He served you regular cola after you finished your alcoholic drink. He introduced himself as Scotty Nowlin. He would make drinks for other people but he would come back to you and talk with you.

You would leave the bar every few minutes to find Luz and check on her. You would always see her on the dance floor dancing with a big crowd. She seemed like she was enjoying herself so you left her alone. You stayed at the bar and talked with Scotty. You checked the time on your phone and sighed at the time.

   ' How is it already two in the morning? '

You stood up from your seat at the bar and searched through the club to find Luz. You spotted her in a corner. You walked up to her and noticed that Carmen was standing with her holding her arms.

   " Carmen, when did you get here? "

   " I got here a couple of minutes ago. She called me and told me to let her stay at my place. "

   " She's completely drunk. "

   " Yeah, she is. Did she drive here? "

   " Yeah, she drove both of us here. "

   " I live in an apartment not that far away if you want to stay the night there. "

   " No, thanks. I'll call a cab to grab me. "

   " Are you sure? "

   " Yeah, I'll be fine. Let me help you get her out of here. "

   " Thanks. "

Carmen grabbed one side of Luz and you grabbed the other side. You walked through the huge crowd of people dancing and made it to the front doors. The cold night breeze hit your body and instantly cooled you down from the heated club. Luz was swaying and talking nonsense.

   " Y/n you really are my best friend. "

   " I know. "

   " Carmen you're just the love of my life. "

   " You're drunk Luz. "

   " But when you're drunk you tell the full truth. "

You rolled your eyes as Carmen held her against her body. You told her goodnight and Carmen started walking away with Luz leaning against her. You pulled your phone out of your purse and started looking for a cab service.

   " Do you need a ride? "

You looked up and saw Scotty sitting in a convertible car in front of you. He had sunglasses on as he looked at you.

   " Why are you wearing sunglasses? "

   " Because I can. They make me look cool. Do you need a ride? "

   " I do. "

   " Hop in. "

You opened the door and took a seat beside him. He started driving around the city until you told him where you lived. Since it was two in the morning no one was driving and there wasn't any traffic when you left the city. He made it to your house quickly.

   " So, how did you know when to show up in your car? "

   " I was heading home. My friend came in for his shift and I could leave and go home. I saw you standing on the curbside and thought I would offer a ride. "

   " Or were you just stalking me? "

   " You're right. After talking to you I couldn't simply just leave you alone like a normal person."

You lightly laughed as you got out of his car. You handed him a slip of paper with your number on it and he drove off. You walked inside and called Carmen.

   " Are you guys alright? "

   " Yeah, we're fine. Luz passed out on my bed. "

   " Good, maybe she'll stay asleep for the rest of the early morning. "

   " Maybe. Did you make it home? "

   " Yeah, I did. A friend drove me home. "

   " Great. I'll see you at work on Monday. "

   " Alright. Bye. "

   " Bye. "

You hung up your phone and walked to your bathroom upstairs. You got changed into your pajamas quickly before falling asleep in bed.