Chapter 2

' I'm glad the day is over with. ' You thought.

You were taking the bus to your house. You lived in the suburbs with a nice friendly neighborhood. You looked at the passing trees as the bus drove by all the other houses until it reached the bus stop. The bus bell rang and you stood up from your seat. You walked off the bus and walked towards your house.

Your house was two houses down from the bus stop. It was evening when you approached your house. You brought your keys out of your purse and unlocked your front door. You walked inside and shut your door behind you.

   ' I'm going to make dinner and then I'm going to relax outside. '

You took your shoes off and walked to the kitchen. You started to boil some water and waited for it to boil. When it boiled you put the spaghetti noodles in the water. You cooked the noodles along with some sauce and meatballs. Once it was all finished you combined them together in a bowl and walked outside.

You climbed in your hammock and started to eat your spaghetti. You watched the sunset as you ate.

   ' It's been a long day. First I had to finish that report and then all of that paperwork. Tomorrow will most likely be the same. '

You felt your phone buzz in your pocket. You set your empty bowl aside and answered your phone.

   " Hello? "

   " Y/n! Do you want to come to drink with us tonight? "

   " Us? "

   " Me, Susan, and Carmen. "

   " You know we have work tomorrow, right? "

   " Yeah, but we needed a drink. You should join us! "

   " No, I'm fine. "

   " Please, Y/n. We also need a driver to take us home. "

   " Fine. Are you guys already there? "

   " Yeah, and we've already had a couple of drinks. "

   " Which bar are you guys at? "

   " The one on the corner. Right by the flower shop. "

   " Flower shop? "

   " It's called Flower Corner. The bar is across from there on the other corner. "

   " Okay. I'll be there in a couple of minutes. "

   " Thank you. "

Her slurred voice left the phone and you could hear the music in the background. You hung up and got off the hammock. You picked up your empty bowl and walked into your house. You quickly got changed into some sweat pants and a T-shirt. You slipped on your tennis shoes and walked out of your door.

In your garage, your car sat waiting to be driven. You never drove your car because of the traffic in the city, so you took the bus. You got in the car and started driving off, towards the city. After waiting for hours in the traffic you found the flower shop. The shop was closed but the moonlight was glistening on the windows showing off the flowers inside.

   ' Maybe I can stop by here tomorrow. It seems like a nice place. '

You parked your car and walked towards the bar. At the top, hanging above the bar doors, was the name.

   ' They went to the Bull Bar? It's going to be packed in there. '

You showed your ID to the security guard and walked inside. You started searching around for Luz. The smell of booze was in the air and it consumed your lungs. You walked all around and finally spotted Luz leaning against a table. Two other women were with her.

Luz was wearing a sparkling black and silver short dress. The end of the short dress reached her mid-upper thigh. The dip on the dress cut to her belly button and at the top of the dip, a thin wire was holding the two sides together. She wore black high heels and the jewelry she was wearing was very flashy. A sparkling clip was stuck in her hair.

   ' Those other two must be Carmen and Susan. I don't know who the men beside them are. '

You walked up to their table and rested a hand on Luz's shoulder. She turned to you and you could see how drunk she was. her smile was lopsided and she was hiccuping.

   ' She's a light drinker. '

   " Luz let's go. I need to get you home. "

   " Y/n! I'm glad you could join us. "

   " Luz I came to get you. I need to take you three home because we have work tomorrow. "

   " Just have one drink, Y/n. "

   " I don't want to drink. Again, we have work tomorrow and I don't want to walk into work with a hangover. "

   " Y/n, you're a buzzkill. "

   " Let's go. "

I grabbed her hand and pulled her away from the table. I grabbed Susan's hand and pulled her. Susan grabbed Carmen's hand and I started walking to the exit with them dragging behind me. I walked out of the bar and towards my car. I opened the front seat and sat Luz down.

Carmen and Susan fell into the backseats. I jumped into the driver's seat and took one last look at the flower shop.

   ' I'll have to stop by there tomorrow. The flowers on my desk need to be replaced. '

I started my car and drove out of the city. When we reached the suburbs I drove straight to Luz's house. I parked in her driveway and turned to Luz.

   " Where are your keys? "

   " Why do you want to know? "

   " So, I can get you three inside. "

   " But I don't wanna! "

   " Luz, where are your keys? "

   " I can tell you they are not in my bag. "

I grabbed her purse and found her keys sitting in the corner. I walked up to her front door and unlocked it. I set her keys on a table inside. I walked back to my car and stood Carmen and Susan up. I walked them inside and made sure they were settled on the couch in the living room.

I walked back to my car to see Luz sitting on the roof of the car. She was holding her phone out and taking pictures. She was taking very sexual photos. With her short dress, it didn't make the situation any better. I walked up to her and took her hand.

   " Luz, let's go. "

   " Y/n you really need a boyfriend. You always work and when you aren't working you're home either reading or just watching TV. "

   " My life is calm and peaceful. I don't need a boyfriend. "

   " You really do. "

I took her into her house and set her on her couch with Carmen and Susan. I turned the lock and shut her door. I walked to my car and started driving home.