Chapter 17

The next day was the wedding. You were in your room getting your dress on for the ceremony. You were wearing a light pink dress that stretched to your feet. The straps were two inches thick and it was a sweetheart neckline. You slipped on some pink shoes and fixed your hair into a stylish updo and walked out of your room.

You met your sister downstairs and stood with the groomsman of honor. The ceremony was about to begin when another bridesmaid decided to talk to you.

   " Y/n, are you ready for the party tomorrow? "

   " Yeah, I am super excited. I want to spend some time with my sister before she leaves for her honeymoon. "

Usually, a bride would have a party before the wedding with all of her bridesmaids but your sister wanted to have one after the wedding so you were going to the party tomorrow. You heard the music start and the doors opened. You started walking down the aisle with your arm entangled with the groomsman. You spotted Scotty in the crowd on the bride's side and you sent him a smile, he smiled a small smile back to you. You didn't see Malcolm anywhere and you were concerned about where he was.

You noticed someone was holding up a phone to view the ceremony. Unfortunately for Malcolm, he got stuck in the blizzard that was happening outside and had to retreat to a hotel to stay for the night and didn't make it to the ceremony. His flowers were able to make it but their caretaker wasn't there. He was watching the ceremony through the phone the woman was holding up. Your sister had found out that he was stuck in a hotel and wouldn't make it to the wedding so she decided to have a video call with him and he can watch the wedding.

Malcolm saw your figure on the screen and was stunned by how you looked. The light pink dress highlighted your skin and it made the smile on your face softer, brighter almost. He could feel a smile come to his face and a small blush appear on his cheeks. He was angry at the man who was holding your arm but he let that subside since you looked so radiant. He couldn't wait to see you the next day.

You stood at the end of the aisle and waited for your sister. When the doors opened and revealed your sister you smiled at how beautiful she was. Her wedding dress was a white mermaid dress that flared out at the bottom and had a sweetheart neckline with thin sleeves that hung on her lower arms. Her hair was in a bun and a vail was sprouting from the bun. She smiled at you when she reached the end of the aisle and met her soon to be husband.

You tried to contain your yawn as the ceremony went on and on. When the two finally said their I do's you perked up ready to leave the church. When they kissed everyone exploded in cheers and applause. Everyone ran into the dance hall and the real party started there, with music flooding everywhere in the room and the smell of food graced everyone's nose. Once the cake was cut and words were said the music got louder and everyone was on the dance floor.

You however were sitting in a seat at a table. You were eating a lot of the food that was at the food table and you were having a ball eating it all.

   " Slow down or you're going to have a heart attack. "

You looked up and saw Scotty approach you. He sat down in front of you and started eating off your plate.

   " Hey, get your own plate! " You yelled at him through the music.

   " But yours is so full of food and the line at the buffet is really long. "

   " Sucks to suck. "

   " You would know. "

   " I don't suck I bite. "

   " Wow, an animal in bed? "

   " You'll never know. "

Scotty laughed and continued to eat off of your plate. Once the plate was finished he grabbed your wine glass and took a sip out of it. He set the glass down and stood up from the chair and offered you his hand.

   " I'm not dancing, sorry. "

   " Why not? "

   " I don't want to. All the food at the table is calling me. "

   " The food can wait, I, however, can not. "

He grabbed your hand and stood you up from the table, dragging you to the dance floor. For the rest of the time, he made you dance with him except during the slow songs. On the slow songs, you two would go to the food table because the line would be shorter.

   " Ladies it's time to catch the bride's bouquet. All unmarried women come to the floor, please. "

Scotty practically pushed you onto the floor to catch the bouquet. When you reached the floor your sister stood on a chair and threw the flowers back. They went way over your head and landed in the arms of someone else. You made your way back to the table and ate the rest of your food. When you finished you told Scotty good night and you made your way to your sister. You kissed her cheek before telling her goodnight and making your way back to your room for a hot bath.