Chapter 19

The sun was bright as it shone on the mountain. Though it was still freezing, the sun could turn a person warm. Malcolm was just waking up in his soft bed when the sun had landed on his eyes. He raised his hand up to block the light as he got up. He stood up from his bed and stretched his arms high.

   ' I'll get a shower and ask Y/n if she wants to grab some breakfast with me. ' he thought.

He grabbed a pair of clothes and walked into his bathroom, smiling from the night he had. You started waking up and when you opened your eyes you realized the situation you were in. You were under the soft sheets of the bed, that had shifted during the night, completely naked. You sat up and hugged the blanket to your chest trying to stay warm. When you looked around the room, you searched for the person who was with you that night.

Your eyes found the male laying beside you on the bed. He was on his stomach with his head facing the side you had been laying on. The blankets were pulled up to his shoulders and you could see he was bare as well. Your face turned a small shade of red as you looked at his shoulders. His pale skin was perfect with his black hair and his face, while he was asleep, was so calming you wanted to run your hands through his hair.

You stood up from the bed, leaving the bed sheets on top. The cold air hit your body like a slap to the face. You found a pair of clothes and undergarments, then made your way to the bathroom. You got a shower and started to think about what happened that night. The hot water soothed your body and allowed you to relax.

   ' That was amazing but what did he mean last night when he said his past kept him from making a move? '

You pondered that question as you washed your hair and cleaned your skin. It ran around your mind like a kid at a track meet. You couldn't figure out what could have happened in his past that could have possible made him not want to be with you.

   ' He did say that he liked me a lot, which makes my stomach churn but he was drunk. Well, people do say that when someone is drunk they start telling the truth. I'll have to ask him about it later. '

You stepped out of the warm shower and dried your hair with the blow dryer. You got changed into some warm clothes and stepped out of the steamy bathroom. When you exited the bathroom you saw Scotty standing from the bed and looking around for his clothes, that were strewn around the room. He was still naked so you didn't dare to look past his hips, for his own privacy. He stopped moving when he saw your form standing in front of the bathroom door, he grabbed the blankets on the bed and covered his lower area.

   " Y/n, what am I...When did I...Why am I here? "

   " Well...last night you were drunk when I got back from having a night out with the girls. I was going to help you to your room when you said you forgot what room you were staying in. So, I decided to let you sleep here, but we ended up doing a lot more than sleeping, as you can see. "

   " Yeah, I can see that! I want to know why you took advantage of me? " He screamed

   " I didn't. "

   " What? "

   " Scotty, I was going to let you sleep on the bed while I slept in my sisters room. I laid you on the bed and walked to the other side to sit down for a minute when you crawled over and pulled me on to the bed. I didn't want to hurt you so..."

   " So we did it? "

   " Yeah. "

   " And I came onto you? "

   " Yes. "

   " Did I say anything? "

   " You said a lot of things. "

His face had turned red and he looked away from you. An awkward tension floated in the air between the two of you. 

   " Scotty I-"

You were interrupted with a knock at the door. Scotty sat on the floor beside the bed and remained hidden from the door. You walked to the door and opened it to see Malcolm standing there with a small flower in his hand.

   " Good morning, Y/n! Do you want to join me for breakfast? " He asked with a sickening cheerful tone in his voice.

   " Sure. "

You grabbed your wallet and left the rooming giving the bed once last look before closing the door. You walked down the hall with Malcolm walking beside you. He placed the flower in your hair and smiled as you walked. You kept your focus on the windows leading outside so you weren't able to see the anger hidden behind his irises. Unknown to you while he was standing in your doorway, looking into the room, he saw a pair of boxers laying on the floor.