Chapter 52

You clutched the engagement ring in your hand. The ring still felt cold in your hand, and you were reminded of your experiences with Malcolm. It was horrendous and if you could you would restart to the moment Luz wanted to take you out to the bar. If she never would have brought you there then you would have never seen the flower shop. Of course, it wasn't her fault why any of that happened to you.

There was only one person to blame, and that person's name was Malcolm Becker. The florist at a cute flower shop, named Flower Corner, in the city of Cheswick. The psycho that invaded your life and had no plans of letting you go. The man that seemed so beautiful and innocent hid his secret of being a psychopath, without any intentions of letting the girl he loved go. This was the man that was to blame, the man that was once a florist is now a criminal at a psych ward, for his obsession with flowers and you.

You held the ring tighter in your hand and raised it above your head. You prepared your arm to use all of its strength. You tossed the ring off of the cliffside and you watched as it flew far from you and into the wild ocean waves. Hopefully for you to never see again. Sure, you could pawn it off, but you didn't want to leave any chance open to see the ring again.

At least this way you were guaranteed that you would never see the ring ever again. You planned to never return to the town of Seashon. There were horrible memories here and you never wanted to come back. Not even to visit Emily.

   " Y/n, are you ready? "

You turned around and faced Scotty. He was standing behind you in his usual style of clothing. A leather jacket and a white t-shirt with blue jeans and black boots. He had a neutral expression on his face but when you turned to him there was a tiny small that hung on his lips. You nodded your head and walked towards him.

He pushed himself off of his car and held his hand out to you. You put your hand in his and he opened his car door for you. You got in the seat and looked out of the window and towards the cliff where you threw the ring away. You could hear Scotty get in the car and start the engine. He started driving away from the cliff and from the city of Seashon.

You turned your head to Scotty and held your hand out to him. His smile widened and he took your hand in his. You smiled at the warmth you felt from his hand and squeezed your hold. It was a long drive back to the City of Cheswick. It took at least two days to get back to the outskirts of the city. 

When you got to the outskirts you didn't get stuck in as much traffic as usual. The wait to get into the city decreased by at least an hour. When Scotty got into the city he stopped the car in front of the building you worked at. You got out of the car and Scotty took your hand in his when he got out. He started pulling you after him at a normal walking pace.

You looked around inside the building you used to work at. There was caution tape around the entrances and you could see red stains still on the fancy carpet. You focused your gaze back on the ground in front of you and kept walking. Remembering how you ran this way to get away from Malcolm with Scotty. Scotty stopped walking, causing you to bump into him.

When you looked up you saw that you were on a special street corner. This was your meeting place with Scotty. You smiled at the many memories of meeting here and grabbing lunch during your break. How he found you when you were allowed back into the city by Malcolm. Then you remembered that the flower shop was on the corner across from this one. 

You looked at the flower shop as you walked by it. The sign on the door read 'closed' and the lights were off inside. There were boxes inside that had the polices label on them and inside of them were papers and other items. You could recognize a few items because they were yours that Malcolm had stolen long ago. The place did not look good.