Chapter 9

Scotty got suspicious of Malcolm. He didn't know what it was but he wasn't getting a good vibe from Malcolm. He wanted to take you and get out of the flower shop quickly.

   " Alright, I have you down for tomorrow at two. Anything else I can do for you? "

   " That is all. "

   " Okay, I'll be looking forward to tomorrow. "

   " It'll be fun. I'll see you tomorrow. "

You were getting ready to walk away when Malcolm grabbed your hand and pulled you further into the shop. He brought you to the pink flowers and searched through the sections. He found a pink camellia and tucked it behind your ear. He pulled his hand away and looked at your beautiful face and felt a blush appear on his cheeks.

   " There, perfect. "

   ' I'm longing for you, Y/n. That's why I gave you a pink camellia. It represents my longing for you. '

   " Thanks, Malcolm. We should be going. "

   " Okay. I'll be waiting for you tomorrow. "

   " Okay. Bye. "

You waved and walked out of the door and stood under the awning. You noticed Scotty wasn't with you and you looked back inside the flower shop to see him gazing at some purple flowers.

   ' Is he okay? '

Scotty walked out of the flower shop and joined you under the awning. He opened his umbrella and set his arm around your shoulder once more. Malcolm saw this action and felt his blood boil and the rage to kill Scotty grew immensely. He felt his hand start to shake but he held his hand in a tight grip so he wouldn't run outside and pull him away from you. Both of you fled from the flower shop and away from Malcolm.

   " The food place should be right over here. "

Scotty led you to a sandwich shop and you both ran inside fleeing from the rain. You followed Scotty to the counter and he pulled out his wallet.

   " Get whatever you want. I'm paying. "

   " Okay. "

   " I'll have a garlic butter Italian sausage sandwich and..."

    " I'll have a muffaletta sandwich. "

   " ...and a muffaletta sandwich. "

   "Twenty-five dollars, please. "

He handed the cashier the money and you waited for a minute until the sandwiches were done. You guys grabbed your sandwiches and sat at a table in the corner. You started eating the sandwiches and it was quiet. You finished yours quickly and looked up at Scotty. He was staring out the window at the wet streets.

   " Are you okay Scotty? "

   " Yeah, why? "

He turned towards you and his eyes held interest. You felt yourself start to get sucked into his blue eyes again. You turned your gaze away from him and focused on the floor.

   " I just noticed that you were looking at some purple flowers in the flower shop and you looked upset. "

   " Yeah, I'm fine. I was just thinking about some things. Don't worry about it. "

   "  Do you wanna talk about it? "

   " Not particularly. "

   " Okay. "

   " Let's go. We're both finished. "

You nodded and stood up along with Scotty. He opened his umbrella and put his hand back on your shoulder. His car wasn't that far. You both walked towards his car and you noticed that his roof was up and covering the inside of the car from the rain. He opened the door for you and you climbed in the car.

He got in on the other side and you saw raindrops sitting in his hair. He set his umbrella in the back and started the car. You found it hard for you to look away from Scotty. With the weather, he looked like a model. The dreary weather highlighted his dark hair, pale skin, and brightened his blue eyes. 

He pulled away from the curb and started driving through the city. Of course, there was a lot of traffic but it wasn't as bad as usual. He was able to drive out of the city in an hour. He drove towards your neighborhood and started looking out of his windshield for your house. He was able to spot it through the rain and he pulled into the driveway.

He grabbed his umbrella and got out of the car. He walked to your side and opened your door. You got out and stood under the umbrella with him. The wind had gotten fierce, it pulled and pushed you around. You got to your awning that hung above the doorway.

Scotty put his umbrella down but didn't close it. You faced him and once again was awestruck by his features.

   " Thank you, so much for helping me. "

   " Yeah, anything for a friend. "

   " Get back to the city safe, okay? "

   " I will. "

Before he left you something hit his ankle. He looked down and saw a flower being pushed against his ankle from the wind. Scotty leaned down and grabbed the flower. It was a white rose. Your neighbor grew white roses and the wind picked up the flower and threw it at Scotty.

   " Here, you take it. "

He handed the flower to you. His expression was neutral, as he held the rose out to you. You took the white rose from him and thanked him. He only nodded at you before running back to his car. You walked inside and shut your door.

You locked the door and turned your back to it. You leaned against the door, slowly sliding down to meet the floor. You held the white rose up to your face and you felt your face get heated quickly.

   ' I can't like him, can I? We've talked a couple of times since that night at the bar but today was the first time I saw him since then. Plus he didn't seem to show any interest in me today. '

   " I need some water. "

You stood up from the floor and walked to your kitchen. You grabbed a glass and started filling it with water. When you turned around you spit out the water. On the island was a vase of red roses. Right beside the vase of flowers was a card gently leaning against the vase.