Chapter 7

" Y/n, someone sent you these flowers. "

You looked up at Mrs. Shim and she walked in with a vase of flowers. The vase was glass and it held a dozen red tulips. Mrs. Shim placed the vase on your desk. and lightly hit your shoulder. A bright smile was placed on her face.

   " That's so sweet of your boyfriend to send those to you. "

   " I don't have a boyfriend, though. "

   " A secret admirer, maybe? "

   " Most likely. Thanks, Mrs. Shim. "

Mrs. Shim nodded her head and walked away. You moved the red tulips to one corner of the desk and you saw a little card sticking out of the flowers. You picked the card out of the flowers and inspected it. There was nothing on the back of the card and on the front of the card was a picture of flowers. You opened the card and saw a message written inside.

For Y/n my love,

As I take an oath infinitely, I give you my soul. I shall always love you. I gaze upon your silver smile, for we are bound together, I share with you a kiss in history. You carry my passion and hold my soul. We shall through space and time be one pulse bound, connected, to never protest a memory of a golden passion.

From, your secret admirer

   ' Who could this be? '

You set the card to the side and continued on with your work. It didn't take you long until your work was finished and you decided to take a little trip to the flower shop. You walked out of your building and started walking along the streets to the corner. You waited for the light to turn red so you could cross the street. The flower shop was open and lively.

The sunlight hit the windows of the shop and highlighted the flowers outside. You walked inside and saw Malcolm helping out an elderly lady. They were standing in the yellow section of flowers. You walked away from them and towards another section in the shop. By the seeds was a stand that held pictures and cards of beautiful flowers.

You looked around the card stand. You saw many beautiful cards and then you spotted what you were looking for. You spotted a card that looked exactly like the one you received from your admirer. You picked the card up and opened it. You didn't see anything but white blank space.

   ' So, they wrote the message themselves. Maybe, Malcolm could help me. I'll ask him when he gets done with the old lady over there. '

You waited for him to finish his business with the woman. When he was finished he walked to the counter and stood there looking through a catalog. You walked up to the counter and Malcolm looked up at you. A smile appeared on his face when he saw you standing in front of him.

   " Hi, Y/n. What can I do for you? "

   " Someone dropped off a vase of flowers at my workplace today. They were red tulips and it had a card attached to the flowers. I was wondering if you could tell me who bought the flowers? "

   " That's a big request, Y/n. "

   " How big? "

   " Well, as the provider of the flowers, vase, and card I shouldn't tell you because that would be a release of personal information. "

   " But it's just one name. "

   " I know, but I also get orders every day from a lot of people. If I look through my records I would find a lot of people who bought a vase, red tulips, and a card from my shop. "

   " So, there's nothing you can do? "

   " I'm afraid so. "

   " Damn. "

   " You know red tulips represent passion, and it can be a declaration of love. I'm assuming there was no name on the card so it was from an admirer. "

   " That's right. "

   " That's what I thought. When you come in here asking for the name of one of my buyers that's all I can assume. I can't help you because that would be a release of private information. I can only help you if the message was a threat. "

   " I understand. "

   " So, when is your sister wanting to come in and look at flowers? "

   " She wants to come to look soon. Expect us in a day or two. "

   " Okay, thank you. You came in here a little frantic. What was on that message, if you don't mind me asking. "

   " The message talked about how they were going to take an oath. It said they loved me and how we are bound together. "

   " What's wrong with that? "

   " The message just seemed very forward and a little weird. How they worded it made it sound a little off. I don't know who would send the message. That's why I wanted to see if I could find out with you. "

   " I'm sorry I couldn't be of much help. "

   " I understand why you can't show me, but if it happens again can you tell me? "

   " Well..."

   " Please, Malcolm. I just want to find out who it is. That's all. I don't want to interrogate them or anything, just talk with them. "

Malcolm sighed and walked to a section in his flower shop. He walked to the white-flowered section. He pulled a white carnation out of a bin and trimmed the stem to make it shorter. You followed him to the section waiting for his reply.

   " Fine, the next time you get flowers and a note I'll let you look through my records. "

   " Thank you! "

He turned towards you and put the white carnation behind your ear.

   " You know it's not uncommon for someone to send a person they like flowers. "

   " I know. "

   " Then I wouldn't worry so much about it. They just sent you flowers. It's not like they hid a blade in the vase to harm you. "

He moved his hands away from your hair and smiled at seeing the white carnation tucked behind your hair.

   " You know a lot about flowers. What does a white carnation stand for? "

   " Women's good luck. This flower will bring you good luck for the rest of the day. "

   ' It also stands for innocence and pure love. ' He thought.

   " Thank you. I'll let you get back to work. That old lady right there seems like she'll get the yellow tulips. "

   " I believe she will. Have a good day Y/n. "

   " You too. "

You walked out of the flower shop and back towards your work. When you left Malcolm developed a love-struck look on his face. Hearts, practically, floated around his head.

   " Was that your lover? "

He looked down at the old lady that was smiling up at me. He held his lovestruck gaze as he spoke to her.

   " No, not yet. I do have feelings for her though. "

   " I can tell. I've never seen a man with such a lovestruck look on his face. "