Chapter 14

When you got to the park you noticed Scotty was sitting on a bench near a circle of peach trees. You walked towards the bench trying to be silent as you walked towards him. When you reached the bench you grabbed his shoulders and screamed. He jumped but he didn't scream out to the world. You let go of his shoulders and walked to the front of the bench and sat down.

He turned to you and his face showed surprise. When his eyes found your face he calmed down and took a deep breath. 

   " Why did you scare me? "

   " I saw you sitting here and I thought it would be a good time. "

   " You need to quit stalking me. I'm getting concerned that you're following me home at this point. "

   " I'm not stalking you. If I was I would come to the bar every night. "

   " I see you at least twice a week. Either it's just a coincidence or you're stalking me. "

   " You're right, I'm stalking you. I know where you are every day at every hour. "

   " Every hour? You're not doing a very good job if you are only stalking me every hour. It should be every minute. "

   " How would you know? "

   " I plead the fifth. I'm not answering that. "

   " So, it seems you are the stalker here mister. "

   " Whatever helps you sleep at night. "

   " That certainly won't. "

You felt a sense of calmness as you sat beside him. You decided to pull your phone out and call Luz or Carmen so you could ask to stay the night at one of their places. You were about to message Luz when you realized she was staying with Carmen. Because Luz is getting a divorce she decided to stay with Carmen. You leaned your head on your hand and started scrolling through your phone to see who you could stay with.

   " You seem very concentrated. What's on your mind? "

   " I'm trying to see who I can stay with for a couple of days. I was going to message Luz but I can't. "

   " What's wrong with staying at your place? "

   " Someone got into my house and left flowers along with a creepy note on my counter. No one was in the house but I don't feel comfortable staying there. "

   " Why don't you stay with me? "

   " What? "

   " Yeah, just come stay at my place. I live in a penthouse in the city. There's plenty of room for you to stay there. "

   " Are you sure? "

   " I don't mind. It has tight security around the building and you would be able to stay there. I won't be there during the night because of work but you can stay there if you don't feel comfortable at home. "

   " Sure. I won't stay there long, I promise. I only need to stay there for two days. "

   " Alright, you can stay. Why only two days? "

   " My sister is getting married and I'm her maid of honor. "

   " Oh, I see. Weddings are usually boring until the after-party. "

   " You've been to a wedding? "

   " Yeah, two of my brothers have gotten married. "

   " Oh, that's interesting. Well, if you want you can come with me. I have an invite for a plus one. "

   " I'll think about it. Let's get going, I'll show you where my studio is and I'll get you an extra key card. "

   " Okay. Thank you, Scotty. "

He nodded and stood up. You stood up with him and started walking into the city. You walked deep in the city and towards a huge skyscraper, that touched the clouds. Scotty opened the door for you, and you walked inside spotting a golden white interior all around the building. You followed Scotty to the front desk where a lady was sitting.

   " Hi, Jenna. I need another key card for my room. "

   " Sure. Here is the copy. "

She handed Scotty a key card and he thanked her. Scotty continued to lead you towards an elevator and when you got inside you saw sixty-four-floor buttons. He pressed the sixtieth button and the elevator started heading upward. It was quiet as the two of you traveled upwards. When the elevator announced you were on the sixtieth floor the doors opened and in front of you sat a small hallway. 

The hallway only contained five doors. You walked to the door at the very end of the hallway and Scotty inserted his key card into the slot on the door. The door clicked and Scotty opened the door gesturing for you to walk in first. You walked inside and saw the penthouse was huge. It had the same golden interior as the lobby had.

The wall across from you was made entirely of glass and you could see the entire city. There was a big living room in front of the glass window and there was a small staircase going upward to a small hallway with two doors. There was an open doorway leading to a huge kitchen. You stood in the huge living room just looking around. Scotty walked to the couch and took a seat on the soft cloud-like cushions.

   " Welcome, to my humble abode. "

   " Wow, I didn't know bar tending pays this much. "

   " It doesn't. It only paid a little amount for this. "

   " So, you're a rich kid? "

   " Essentially. Why don't you go rest and I'll make you some dinner when you wake up. "

   " Okay. Where is the room? "

   " Upstairs, door to the left. "

   " Thank you. "

You walked upstairs and went into the room on the left. When you walked inside you saw a lavish room. The walls were a light purple and the sheets on the bed were grey. There was a window above the bed and there was a huge closet. You slipped into the sheets of the bed and felt your eyes start to close.

   ' Why is his bed so comfortable? '