Chapter 24

" L/n I need to see you in my office for a moment. "

   " Yes, sir. "

You stood up from your desk and followed your boss into his office. As you walked with him Luz gave you a curious glance and you just shrugged your shoulders. You entered his office and shut the door behind yourself. Your boss gestured for you to take a seat. You sat down and set your hands in your lap as your boss leaned against his desk.

   " Y/n are you doing okay? "

   " Yes, why do you ask? "

   " I've just noticed that your work is slacking. Your research is great but in your recent works, you're missing the main point in all of them. Then in one of the articles, you got off the topic and it transformed into another story, entirely. "

   " I'm sorry sir. "

   " What's going on L/n? "

   " Well, someone has been stalking me and leaving flowers with creepy notes at my house and it just has me paranoid. "

   " Have you talked with the police about this? "

   " I have but they only increased security on the street and they aren't doing a good job so far. I've still been receiving flowers and notes inside the house. "

   " In the house? "

   " Yes, inside and there's no sign of a break-in or anything but there's always a new note and a new set of flowers always waiting for me on my countertop. It just has me paranoid. "

   " Let me take care of the security on your street. "

   " What? "

   " Y/n you are a family friend. You were there for my wife when she went into labor and I was stuck getting to the hospital. You've babysat for us, you've helped me and my wife a lot, you are practically family. I have a buddy of mine who is in charge of the police on the other side of the city. They do a really good job and I'm sure they wouldn't mind helping you out. "

   " Are you sure? "

   " I am, I'll give him a call and I'll tell him your number. You'll get a call one day this week and he'll ask if he could come to investigate the house. You can discuss everything with him then. "

   " Alright, thank you so much. "

   " It's nothing, now get back to work with an easy mind. "

You nodded and stood up from the chair making your way back to the office space. You jumped back into your seat and started rewriting your articles and sending them in. When it was time for everyone to leave you had successfully rewritten all of your old articles and submitted them. You took the elevator to the lobby and when you stepped off the elevator you could see Scotty waiting for you. You started walking fast to try and evade him but in the end, it didn't work.

   " Y/n! "

He grabbed on to your arm and brought you closer to him. His eyes held sadness as you looked into his blue glass orbs.

   " Y/n please don't run away I really want to settle this and talk to you. "

   " Fine, let's go. "

   " Thank you. "

He let go of your arm and you followed him out of the building. You followed him to the hotel and traveled to the penthouse. He opened the door for you and you walked inside, the exterior reminded you of your stay in the penthouse that time ago. You took your shoes off and set them beside the door. You took notice of Scotty's nervous body.

   " I made dinner and then came to get you, so let's eat and I'll explain as we eat. "

   " Okay. "

You followed him to the kitchen and saw two plates prepared. You could see all the effort he had put into the dishes. They looked like something you would get at an expensive and high-class restaurant. 

   " We can eat on the couch, that way it's comfortable. "

   " Okay. "

He handed you a plate and you followed him into the living room. You sat on the couch and he sat beside you. You started eating and so did he.

   " You can explain whenever you want. "

   " Okay, let me set this straight, I don't regret having sex with you. I don't regret it at all and I want you to understand I like you a lot. But I'm just scared. "

   " Scared? I know while you were drunk you said that your past keeps you from making a move. "

   " Yeah, it's keeping me from doing anything but I decided that day we came back from the wedding that I wouldn't let it hold me back anymore. I am willing to tell you the truth but in order to do that, I need to tell you my past. Will you be willing to listen to me tell my full story? "

   " I'm willing. I don't fancy going home right now so why don't you tell me. "

   " Okay, get ready for a long story. "