Chapter 10

You set your glass down and walked closer to the island. You touched the rose petals and then grabbed the card. You opened it and saw a message written in the same handwriting as last time. There was no picture on the card this time. Only a long message.

For Y/n my love,

My heart is in your hands, please don't say, ' Let's be friends '. How I wish you could be mine, oh, how I long to make you mine. You keep me awake at night, kiss me quick, and hold me tight. I love you more and more each day, oh darling, please don't go away. We have a love so pure.

I can make love to you forever. It's to be, it's true love. I swore my soul to you, but where is your soul to swear? It pains me like a mirage. I can never love anyone the way I love you.

Our souls are bound, infinitely. We shall forever be one passion, in one love. They say all things must come to an end but this bond won't. I won't let it. I am your only love as you are mine.

Your heart is mine, flower.

From your secret admirer

   ' Okay, this isn't right. '

You set the card down and ran to the garage. You grabbed a bat and started running through your house looking for anyone that snuck in. All the windows were closed and latched and your door was locked. No one could have gotten in. You walked back to the kitchen and picked up the vase, searching around the flowers for any sign of a camera or bug.

   ' It doesn't look like there's anything attached to them. Who would have broken in? How did they break in? '

You felt your heartbeat pick up and you grabbed your phone. You dialed Luz's number and waited for her to pick up.

   " Hello? "

   " Luz, can I stay at your place? "

   " Why what happened? "

   " Someone broke into my house and left me roses and a creepy card. Can I please stay at your place? "

   " I'm sorry but I'm staying with Carmen. I can ask Carmen if you could stay over. "

   " No, I don't want to intrude on you both. Let me think. "

   ' Is there anyone else I can go to? My sister lives really far away so I can't call her. I would rather someone who is near me come get me. '

You felt your phone buzz. You pulled the phone away from your ear and saw a picture of a flower on the caller ID. It was Malcolm's caller ID.

   " I've got another call coming in. Can I call you back? "

   " Sure. "

You hung up on Luz and answered the call from, Malcolm.

   " Hello? "

   " Hi, Y/n I wanted to call and see if you made it home safely. The storm picked up quickly and it's getting worse. "

   " Yeah, I made it home. "

   " Safely? "

   " Not exactly. "

   " What happened? "

   " I just...I walked inside and found roses on my island counter with a card. The card freaked me out because the person who wrote it sounds obsessed. I ran through my house and didn't see any sign of them breaking and entering, but I don't know if they are still here or not. "

   " That's really not good. Do you want to come to stay with me? "

   " I...will it be okay? "

   " Yes, I'm fine with it. I don't mind letting you stay over for the night or for however long you need. "

   " Are you sure? "

   " Yeah, you're my friend and I want to help you out. "

   " What about the shop? "

   " I'm closing early due to the weather. I'm in my car right now. It won't take me that long to get to your place. "

   " Okay. Thank you. "

   " Anytime. Just tell me your address and I'll be on my way. '

You told him your address and hung up thanking him once more. You walked upstairs and got an overnight bag ready. You called Luz and informed her about where you were staying. When you finished packing you walked downstairs and heard a knock at the door. You opened the door and there stood Malcolm with a small smile on his face.

   " Are you ready to go? "

   " Yeah, I'm ready. "

   " I'll take your bag. "

You handed him your bag and he ran to his car. You locked your door and ran to his car. You got inside, sitting on his leather seats. He jumped in and started pulling out of your driveway. He drove further and further away from your house.

   " How are you feeling now that we're moving away from your house? "

   " Better. Thank you for letting me stay at your place. "

   " You're welcome there anytime. What did the card say this time? "

   " The card talked about how they wished for me to be theirs and how they can make love to me forever. It mentioned how they are my only love and I am theirs. Then they said that my heart is theirs and they called me a flower. "

   " That is...very obsessive. What color roses did they give you? "

   " Red. "

   " Red roses are a sign of ' I love you '. This person must be obsessed with you. "

   " Yeah. I just want to feel safe. I don't feel safe in my house right now. I checked everywhere and saw no sign of anyone breaking in. Nothing was stolen. "

   " Let's just get to my place and you can settle down there. "

   " Alright. "

You leaned against the window and watched the rainfall.