Chapter 18

" Y/n you need to change into this dress. "

   " Why? It's just an after-party. I don't need to wear something like this. "

   " Yes, you do because I'm your sister and I demand it. "

   " Fine! Just leave. "

   " Thank you! I'll bring you something sweet when you get done. "

   " Okay. "

You took the dress from your sister and walked into your bathroom to change. The dress was a short dark blue cocktail dress with designs of flowers covering the side of the dress. The sleeves were off the shoulder and the top of the dress was fitted to your chest and waist while the rest flowered out to above your knees. You wore some black heels with it and some light makeup. Tonight was the after-party where the girls would go celebrate.

You left your room and walked downstairs to meet your sister in the lobby. You saw her and the other bridesmaids waiting for you. She handed you a lollipop and then the party began. The first place to go to was a fancy restaurant. Of course, she said to order anything you wanted so you looked all around the menu but settled for something in the middle range.

   " So, Y/n who is that cute guy you came with? " A girl beside you asked.

This girl had soft milk chocolate skin with dark brown eyes. She wore a tight red dress with a lot of makeup on her face, she was smiling at you with a hopeful look.

   " Scotty? "

   " Yeah, him, are you two dating? "

   " No, we're just close friends. "

   " So he's on the market? "

   " Yes, I would help you but I don't know what kind of girls he's into. "

   " Thanks for telling me the info. "

   " Y/n, why didn't Luz come? " Your sister asked interrupting your conversation with the girl.

   " She's having problems with her husband right now and she isn't ready to leave the city until things are settled. "

   " Settled? Are they getting a divorce? "

   " They are. He hasn't paid much attention to her and he cares for his work more than he does for her so she decided it wasn't a healthy relationship. "

   " Has she tried to fix it? "

   " Multiple times and they seem like they work for a second but he just goes back to his methods. "

   " Poor Luz, I hope everything will work out. "

    " I think it will after the divorce. "

She nodded at my response and we all started to dig into the food around us. After we were finished there we went to a club and danced there for two hours before returning to the hotel. When we returned I saw the groomsmen and Jack swooning.

   ' They're drunk. '

Each of the bridesmaids helped get the guys back to their rooms and your sister led Jack to their shared room. You saw one of the guys passed out on a couch in the lobby so you decided to help him. You shook the man's shoulder and he raised his head to reveal Scotty.

   " Scotty what were you doing drinking with them? You weren't even a groomsman. "

   " They invited me and I accepted after you left me alone here. " He slurred.

   " Come on. "

You lifted him off of the couch with one of his arms around your shoulder. You held his arm around your shoulder and pushing his body to yours.