Chapter 4

You were taking a walk through the park one sunny day with your sister. You both spotted an ice cream stand and you both ran over to it. Once you both got your ice creams you started walking again through the park.

   " So, how are you and Jack doing? "

   " We are doing fine. I actually have some news for you. "

   " Okay, what is it? "

   " He proposed. "

   " He did? "

   " Yes, he proposed two days ago. "

   " Why didn't you tell me? "

   " Well, when it happened we celebrated and then we spent the whole day together yesterday. I have only told you so far. "

   " Wow, you haven't even told mom and dad yet. "

   " Again, we wanted to spend time with each other. I wanted to ask if you'll be my maid of honor. "

   " Of course, I will! "

You hugged your sister and she hugged you back. When you two separated you linked hands and continued to walk through the park, eating your ice cream. You both finished your ice cream when you bumped into somebody.

   " I'm so sorry "

   "It's alright. "

You pulled away and looked up to see Malcolm, from the flower shop.

   " Oh, hi Y/n. "

   " Hi, Malcolm. What a coincidence seeing you here. "

   " Yes, I was just looking around the park. "

   " Hi, I'm Y/n's sister. Who are you? " Your sister said coming into the conversation.

   " I'm Malcolm. She came into my shop the other day and bought some flowers. "

   " You own a flower shop? "

   " I do. "

   " I'm getting married next week do you think I could buy some flowers from your shop? "

   " Certainly. Come by when you want and I will help pick some flowers. "

   " Thank you. I'll be by maybe in two days. "

   " Okay, I'll be expecting you. Excuse me. "

Malcolm started walking away leaving you and your sister.

   " Your wedding is next week? "

   " Yeah, we don't want a big wedding. We just want our family and close friends to come. I already got a dress for myself and dresses for my bridesmaids. We just need flowers. "

   " Well, alright then. That's just so soon for a wedding. I always hear that people wait a year before their wedding. "

   " We want to get it over with. "

   " I see. Let me know when the wedding is. "

   " Of course! You're my maid of honor and my sister. "

   " Alright, let's go. "

You and your sister walked out of the park and you separated. You walked away from the park and towards a cafe. When you walked inside you were greeted with hitting someone's chest.

   " I'm sorry. I've been very clumsy today. "

   " This would be the second time you've bumped into me Y/n. "

You looked up and saw Malcolm standing in front of you. His smile stayed on his face and you stepped back from him.

   " I'm sorry. I keep hitting you. "

   " It's alright. Here let me buy you lunch. "

   " It's okay. I can get it myself. "

   " I insist. "

You walked with him to the counter and ordered your meal. He paid and then handed you your food.

   " Thank you. "

   " Anything for you. "

   " What? "

   " I said anytime. "

   " Well, I'm going to go. I'm going to eat and then go home. "

   " Alright, bye. "

You walked away from the cafe and started walking to the park. You took a seat on a bench by a tree and started eating your food. You ate in peace.

   ' I've seen Malcolm a lot. That's a little weird. '

Malcolm was sitting not too far away from you. He wanted to keep an eye on you so he stayed close but not too close to you.

   " Y/n! "

You turned your head and saw Luz running towards you. She stopped running and sat beside you. She was out of breath for a minute. She grabbed onto your arm and started tugging at it.

   " Y/n do you want to come to a club tonight? "

   " You're going out drinking again? "

   " Yeah. "

   " What does your husband think about this? "

   " He doesn't know. He's always working anyway so he wouldn't care. "

   " I don't know, Luz. "

   " Please, Y/n. You need some time out with your best friend. "

   " Luz, you know your tolerance for alcohol is low. "

   " I know but I won't drink much. "

   " Luz..." 

   " Please, Y/n. Get loose and relax a little. "

   " Fine. "

   " Awesome I'll pick you up tonight. "

   " Okay. Let me know when you get there. "

   " I will. Take this and where it tonight. "

She handed you a bag with a famous logo on it. You held the bag and looked inside. There was a red dress sitting in the bag with a pair of heels.

   " You knew I would say yes? "

   " I just needed to play the best friend card. Thanks again. "

Luz stood up and ran away from you and the park. You shook your head and finished your food. You threw the bowl away and started walking to the bus stop with the bog Luz got you. Malcolm was following you to the bus stop. He watched as you got on the bus and rode away.

He followed the bus to your neighborhood. You got off the bus and went inside your home. You started to get ready for your night with Luz. Malcolm watched you walk into your house and he memorized the house address.