Chapter 40

Triggering Events are ahead. Proceed with caution.

I opened my eyes slowly and could only see darkness. It was dark where I was and I couldn't see a thing. I felt something cold on my wrists and I could hear it was a chain by moving my arms around. 

   ' Where am I? How do I get out of here? '

I continued to struggle against the restraints but I wasn't able to free myself. I tried to let my eyes adjust to the darkness but my eyes wouldn't. I was pulling hard on the chain when a door above me opened. Light flooded the room and I squinted my eyes. I looked around the room to see a set of stairs leading up to the door. 

I could see tables full of stuff and I noticed my bags on one of the tables. Another door was in the room but it was shut so I couldn't look at what was on the other side. A figure appeared in the light and showed in the light of the doorway. They stepped down the stairs and flipped a switch, turning on the lights in the room. I saw Malcolm standing above me and he was glaring at my figure.

   " M-Malcolm where are we? "

   " That's the last thing you should be worrying about. "

He walked up to me and grabbed my chin. He faced me towards him and his glare didn't ease up. He let go of my chin and walked into the other room that was behind the door. He stayed there for a few minutes before leaving. In his hand was a knife. 

   " Just remember, my flower, I'm doing this for our love. "

   " W-What? "

He got closer to me and crouched beside me. He raised the knife and I screamed as it stabbed into my arm. I looked down and saw him pull the knife out and I watched as blood flowed from my arm and onto the floor. I continued to scream as he slashed me over and over with the knife and he stabbed me a few times. Tears fell out of my eyes and onto the floor. 

When he finally stopped he set the knife aside and held my face in his hands. The anger was gone and he no longer glared at me. I tried to turn my head and escape his hands but it didn't work. I leaned against the wall feeling weak from the wounds he gave me. 

   " Who do you love? "

   " S-Scotty. "

   " ... "

He was silent as he stood up. He went back into the room with the knife and came out with nothing in his hands. He looked at me one more time.

   " Wrong answer. "

He turned the lights off and walked up the stairs. The light shone brightly into the room but it was too bright. I saw his hand grab the handle and he started to close the door.

   " No! Stop! Please don't leave me alone in the dark! "

Then the door closed. He locked it and I was once again left alone in the dark bleeding immensely. I tried twisting my wrists out of the chains but it didn't work. I couldn't see my hands and it was harder to get out of the chains. I struggled until I grew tired and my eyelids were heavy. 

I closed my eyes and welcomed sleep as it took me away from here.