24 🌙

it has already been hours since daeun left the boys all alone together.

they missed her of course, but this is where they belong so that they'd be safe. safe from all the bad people.

everyone stayed at their respective homes, just doing whatever entertains them.

except for yangyang.

he was in charge of staying at their watch tower which was all the way at the top of the tree. he stayed there alone to keep watch on what was happening throughout the forest. he may be small, but he could see everything from up the watch tower.

the sun just had set which meant it was time for dinner.

the food group, taeyong, doyoung, jaehyun, kun and renjun had ventured out of the forest to get food. they used their mini vehicle daeun left for them so that it'd be easy to travel.

the boys went to a nearby convenience store to 'steal' food for themselves. they were small enough to not get caught obviously. they knew it was wrong but that's all they had to do for them to survive. daeun couldn't no longer provide free food for them too.

they brought back packets of they're favorite biscuits, candy (cuz chenle and jisung forced them to get it) and a small pack of assorted ready to eat food.

the boys struggled to carry them all as it couldn't fit in the car so they had to hold it tight during the ride which tired out their small arms and hands.

"we're back!" taeyong shouted from the bottom of the tree, waiting for some sort of response from above.

after waiting, a basket just a little bigger than them had dropped down, strings attatched to each side for it to easily go back up again.

the older smiled and placed the food on the basket before tugging on the string, signaling whoever was on top that the basket was ready.

they waited for it to return so that they themselves can also go up.

the basket had dropped again and this time they were the ones who got in. the younger ones first and taeyong went last before the basket had slowly come back up again.

🌙

after dinner, all of them were getting ready to sleep. the others went into their houses, some having to cross the bridge to the other part of the tree to go to their homes.

"you can never catch me!" chenle erupted into pits of high pitched laughter as he runs across the bridge, dodging the others who were crossing as well. they were taken aback.

following behind was jisung who had played a game with chenle and ended up chasing after him, accusing the boy of cheating.

"move out of the way!" jisung announced quickly while running through the bridge, mark was late to act as he widened his eyes at the boy who was running full speed.

luckily jaemin was there beside him to pull him to the side, avoiding jisung who successfully ran past them.

the pink haired snickered as he let go of mark's arm. "you could've fallen off the bridge if i wasn't here. you're really a old hag huh?" he laughed as he walked past mark to the other side where his house was.

mark only rolled his eyes at the insult as he chuckled and went the opposite way to his own.

midnight fell and almost everyone was fast asleep. yangyang was still at the watch tower half awake.

he was tired of course, but he had to watch over.

he sat on a wooden chair, slowly drifting to sleep. he tried to resist, but his eyes were heavy and wanted to close them.

unfortunately, yangyang failed to realize that someone unwelcome had entered the forest.

many men had looked around the forest, flashlights in hand and each having a small cage.

"there!" a man shouted, pointing to a certain tree that had small houses.

the loud voice managed to wake up yangyang. he was shocked and looked down from the watch tower to see the men they didn't want to see. they were inching closer to their houses which worried yangyang that they might get them again.

he hurriedly went down the watch tower, skipping a few laddersand steps to try and get there faster. but the tree was too high and he arrived there late.

he didn't get a chance to warn the others.

before he knew it, the men had already left the scene and yangyang finally stepped down. he was sweaty and panting hard from what he just went through.

he frantically looked around each house, in hopes of finding at least anyone there. but, he didn't.

he stopped and panicked.

he was all alone and his friends just got kidnapped again. he didn't know what to do. it was all his fault for reminding them late.

he thought his life was over there and then, but, the unexpected happened.

"...yangyang....?"

plot twist ;)

who do you think it is? leave a comment!