26 🔑

they all exit the forest as soon as daylight came by. when they finally see the road, they stood behind a bush to stay hidden from the people passing by.

"so, where do we go first?" renjun asks as he eyes all the buildings daeun and felix could possibly be. "they couldn't go far and they probably are still here. why don't we try the motel right across the road first?" hendery speaks up and pointed to a certain building right infront of them.

yangyang nods and smiles widely. "great! i know that motel very well since i've been there many times. they write down the names of the people staying there in a notebook and i also know where the spare keys are kept!"

donghyuck perks up and gives a pat on yangyang's back. "nice one, yang!"

they all pile up into the small car they brought with them. chenle and jisung sat on the rear part of the car since they couldn't fit. the vehicle had no roof anyways.

they wait at the sidewalk, waiting for the perfect time to cross the road with no people or cars passing by.

"and......now!"

yangyang steps on the controller and immediately the car goes forward at a fast speed, chenle and jisung holding on to donghyuck and jaehyun for dear life trying not to fall of in the middle of the road. that would be a complete disaster.

the small vehicle crosses the road with ease and finally reached the other side, immediately hiding behind one of the potted plants just beside the entrance of the motel, running over a rock or two causing a small jump to the seven boys.

donghyuck hops off the car first and runs to the huge glass door, trying to peek in and see if there are people inside. to his luck, there were non at all, only a sleeping male receptionist which was perfect. he sent a go signal for the others that it was safe to go in.

the doors were thankfully automatic and the car was big enough for the sensor to sense movement.

once they sucessfully entered the quiet motel, yangyang drives to the main desk. donghyuck hops quickly in the car and rides with them.

the boys stop when they were finally behind it. the male receptionist was sleeping like a log so it was a huge advantage.

"hendery, jisung and renjun will go to the drawers and search for the logbook while me, jaehyun, donghyuck and chenle will get the keys. got it?" yangyang eyes all of them as they nod and go straight to their jobs.

hendery climbs on one of the drawer handles first and helps jisung up with him. together, they push with their legs to pry it open, renjun helping from the bottom as well. the drawer was kind of heavy as the two struggled to push it open, but once it got to a size that jisung can fit in, he immediately jumps down to search.

"find anything?" renjun shouts from outside.

"nope, no logbook here!"

🔑

the key team head to a huge cork board hanging on the wall just behind the sleeping male. that's where all of the room keys are kept. but first, they need to get to it first.

"hey, you got the ropes?" chenle asks. jaehyun reaches in the back of the car and hands the other male a set of long ropes they brought incase they needed them. "here."

the younger male accepts them happily and ties the other end around his waist as donghyuck ties the other end to the handle of the car. "you're good to go, le!" yangyang sends a signal which the boy nods to and runs straight to the chair of the sleeping receptionist.

being quite the quite athletic one out of all of them makes a huge benefit for chenle's task. he climbs the leg of the chair with ease and even used the receptionist's back for support as well. he climbs he back of the chair and up to the very top.