28 🏢

they all cramp into the van one of felix's friend brought, bang chan is his name.

daeun already knew who they were and are great friends with them. there are 5 of them in total, enough so that they can sucessfully get the boys back.

it was hard explaining to them first as felix didn't really know how to describe them until donghyuck once again, jumped out of daeun's bag and onto one of felix's friend, jeongin, who let out a very high pitched squeal upon seeing the tiny man walking on his lap.

chan was startled of course, but once he got to know jaehyun, they got along very well.

the whole ride was chaotic once everyone got out of daeun's bag and stared to interact. chenle and jeongin even did a highnote battle which obviously was stopped as they didn't want to go deaf.

after an hour of driving to the lab, they finally arrived. they look upon a huge building with huge cemet walls surrounding the area. there were 2 huge metal gates, one in front and one in the back.

chan parks the van just a few meters from the front gate to not seem suspicious.

"okay so how do we do this?"

"alright, here's the plan..."

🏢

felix sneaks carefully just beside the front gate. daeun, chan, changbin and minho trailing behind him. the younger ones are left in the van to guard it and also to get ready to drive away fast.

he gives a silent signal to them, slowly counting off his fingers from three to one before jumping over the cement wall with him stepping minho and chan's hands, lifiting him up smoothly over the wall.

the boy lands on the floor with a loud thud, thus getting the attention if the guards who were on the front gate, guarding it.

"hey you-" the two guards charge at felix, but before they could even protest, the boy already drop kicked them down unconscious. his black belt didn't go to waste at all. he smiled and jumped over the two bodies, quickly going to the control panel and opening the metal gates for the others to get in.

changbin gives a fist bump to felix as he runs past him. "good job, lix"

with a satisfied smile, felix leads the way to the actual building as they all run fast hoping to not get caught by any of the authorities.

to their luck, the front door wasn't locked at all and they easily went in the lab without any problems.

they were lead into a huge hallway with multiple doors with signs as to what they were for.

the group looked at every label, hoping to find the correct one.

"guys! isn't it that one?" changbin suddenly speaks up and points to a pair of huge glass doors with the label "testing lab" painted right across in bold printed font. of course they would name it testing lab. how can they be so dumb and not go there first?!

all of them immediately run to the room, their loud footsteps echoing throughout the hallways. daeun pushed open the door only to find what she'd been dying to see.

its them.

"o-oh my god..."

she was speachless. the other guys as well.

it was all remaining fourteen pocket sized boys, enclosed in a small clear box with tubes going in. they were placed side by side on a large table in the middle of the room. it reeked of strong chemicals that made daeun's throat itch.

not wasting anytime, the girl holds her breath and quickly goes to the boys.

all of them were startled. some of them were weak and fragile because of the chemicals they have been inhaling because of the tubes in the box. it hurt daeun's sight so much. she could see jaemin coughing roughly as he struggles to breathe in the tight walls. winwin was stuggling as well.

some were doing okay, they still managed to stand up and focus, but as time passes they surely will gain unconsciousness if they stay there any longer than 3 hours.

felix was horrified aswell, but he covered his nose and faced the guys. "chan and changbin, you watch the doors. me and minho are going to help daeun get the boys. okay?"

they all nodded as they went to their places. the other three going to daeun and also helping opening the small boxes to let them free.

"guys please calm down and don't breathe in the air too much okay?" daeun softly says as she pops open their boxes.

once johnny's cage was open, the boy immediately jumps out and help the others jump out as well. he was pretty strong so he could pull up some of them. the tiny man grabs an unknown box and drags it next to taeyong's box, he steps on the object and pulls out a hand for taeyong to grab on.

"thank you." the other says and grabs johnny's hands tightly as he helps him pull him out of the clear box.

"jaeminnie.." daeun mumbles to herself as she open's jaemin's box. the boy looked very weak. his energy all drained out and his skin with a very pale color. he kept inhaling and exhaling deeply. she carefully carried the boy in her hands and softly caresses his head to calm him down. "jaemin, please breathe slowly. try not to inhale as much since the air is toxic. please calm down..."

the pink haired looks at her with droopy eyes and slowly nods, following what she told him to.

felix also helped the other boys he took care of too. he managed to get taeil, doyoung, yuta, ten and xiaojun in all of his pockets so that they can avoid smelling the toxic air.

the other boys also put some in their pockets as much as they can without suffocating them obviously.

daeun was busy with calming down jaemin and winwin who were very weak.

jeno got out of his tiny box shortly after and decided to help jungwoo out as well. he grabbed any object that was nearest to him and stood on top of it to help get jungwoo out. it was a roll of tape.

"come on! grab my hand tightly!" jeno extended his hand for jungwoo to take and he gladly did.

as soon as the other make pulled himself up using jeno's help, he didn't know it'd be very hard as he couldn't really balance himself on the roll of tape. it was a very bad idea.

jungwoo finally got out, but as soon as he stepped over the box, jeno tumbled across the table and hit his head on something.

then, the alarm rang.

jeno triggered the alarm.

all of them widened their eyes and looked at eachother, horrified. this wasn't supposed to happen.

"oh no.." jeno breathes heavily. jungwoo quickly pulls him up and runs to felix who gladly took them and held them in his hands.

"guys we need to go, now!!" chan suddenly shouts and sprints away from the main entrance and to the emergency exit.

trailing behind them were guards. they got caught.

one of them stood out as he was wearing a lab coat. probably one of the lab testers or whatever you call them. he was furious. daeun held winwin and jaemin tightly and full on sprint to the emergency exit. she was the third one to get out followed by felix.

just as they thought they were gonna get out safely....

to their dismay, the scientist snatched mark off minho's hand and runs away with the scared boy who was trapped in the man's hands.

mark was taken away.

next chapter is the last chapter before this book ends :((