Chapter Twenty Nine

Angel

Nandito ako ngayon sa balcony ng apartment ko ngayon sa New York and just enjoying the view of the Manhattan skyline.

I've been in the US for 8 months now but 2 months palang ako dito sa New York.

Dumeretso ako ng California after I decided na mag bakasyon muna and stayed at my parent's place for a couple of weeks in L.A. Hindi naman ito nagulat nang dumating ako kasi alam naman nila ang plano kong mag bakasyon. Supportive naman ang mga ito because they even paid for my vacation nang mapansin siguro nitong bored na ako sa bahay namin.

I visited my old school, I went to see my favorite late-night show Jimmy Kimmel live, attended a concert, gambled in Las Vegas, went to Arizona to see the Grand Canyon, tried to smoke Cuban tobacco in Miami, went to Universal Studio in Orlando to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter then my last stop before New York was Hawaii.

I visited my old school, I went to see my favorite late-night show Jimmy Kimmel live, attended a concert,  gambled in Las Vegas, went to Arizona to see the Grand Canyon, tried to smoke Cuban tobacco in Miami, went to Universal Studio in Orlando to...

I decided na mag New York ako because most of my close friends from College are here. Even my High school classmates, most of them ay dito rin nag ta-trabaho. And to be honest, I didn't even expect na aabot ako ng walong buwan dito because I was just planning to stay here just for a couple of weeks.

Napangiti ako when I remember how heartbroken I was when I got here. When I look back at it all, the moments that seemed the darkest, I can still remember I didn't want to move on from Justin. I hoped in the deepest cell of my heart that he would come back and make things better.

There were dark times in the weeks that followed. Little reminders of him would pop up in the least likely of places and I'd feel that dull, aching pain in my chest again.

But eventually, I chose to move on. I chose to heal myself. I chose to fix what was shattered. It didn't come easily, and nearly every day was a struggle... but I have to.

Yet, in a roundabout kind of way, it's the best thing that ever happened to me. Though I couldn't see it back then, I eventually realized that the best person that could impact my life wasn't someone else, it was me.

It all happened so that I could be here now, and now is exactly where I'm meant to be. And I can say that I have already moved on.