DeathSong (2)

Click the arrow beside the YouTube video to see a pic of Elyria!!

~~~ /// ~~~ \\\ ~~~

Brief Astrid Pov

"...id!! Astrid!!"

Someone shook me awake, voice full of panic.

"What is it, Hiccup? What's wrong?" I asked, getting up.

"El's gone!! Toothless is gone!!"

"Not just them, Hiccup- all of our dragons are gone!!" Fishlegs yelled, sprouting a new wave of worry in my gut.

.

.

.

We ended up following Toothless (who had managed to return from who knows where) to a cavern filled with dragons trapped in yellow amber-like stone.

"Stormfly!!" I called, searching for my dragon in a hurry.

From the corner of my eyes, I could see Hiccup running around searching for Elyria, worry smothered all over his face. I snickered quietly, trying to crack Stormfly out of her amber cage. Hiccup won't admit it, but he definitely likes Elyria, I thought. Hopefully, she'll like him back too. Once this is all over with, I should think up some ways to get those two together.

--- Hiccup Pov ---

"El!! Elyria!! Where are you?!" I called out.

"Hiccup, quiet down. The DeathSong'll hear you." A hushed voice said, pulling me to hide behind some large rocks.

"You're safe!! And- oh my Thor, you're naked."

"What, you thought that I'd transform back and still have my clothes on? Of course I'm naked, you blockhead."

I turned around, blocking her body from my sight with my hand. Then I started to yell at myself internally. Of course she's naked, you fool!! She even left her clothes on the beach!! You were the one that picked them up!! I thought, panicking once again as my world spun around.

"Keep your head in the game, Hiccup!! If we're both caught here, then it's all over. I get that I'm very naked and that I'm also very pretty, but right now, you need to get your head out of the clouds and help me get everyone to safety, including Toothless." El whisper-yelled, shaking me by my lapels.

She obviously didn't care as much, but I had to do everything in my mind to keep my eyes from trailing down any lower than her shoulders. And the fact that she was on top of me didn't help!! At all!!

"Hey!! How come Hiccup gets to roll around with a pretty, naked girl while we're stuck here?" Snotlout complained, followed by Tuffnut.

"Yeah!! It's not fair, Hiccup!! You have to share, remember? That's being a good teammate and friend!!"

El glared daggers at the two perverted teenagers, a guttural growl making its way out of her throat. She was not happy. Her usually round pupils were now almond-shaped, like a cat.

"Shut up and keep your wandering eyes away from me, before I burn both of you to a crisp." She growled.

"Hiccup, who has my bag? I was more than okay to distract the DeathSong naked, but not anymore, thanks to those two."

"I have it on me. Here."

"Oh. Thanks. Now go hide. I'll be able to incapacitate the DeathSong once I'm ready."

"What are you going to do?"

"You may have noticed already, but LycanWings are a far-off relative to the DeathSong. We have a culture and ancient practice that we used to sing and dance with. It uses sound waves as a weapon, and I think that with the right song, I should be able to counter this dragon."

Before I could stop her and protest about her plan, El was already dressed and out in the middle of the open. I guess I'll just have to roll with it, I thought, taking out the bottle of Monsterous Nightmare Gel that I had retrieved from Snotlout a while back.

El was in an elegant, flowy dress in a style that I had never seen before. She took a deep breath and started to dance.

It was like watching flower petals dance in the wind. Her dress trailed after her every movement, her long white hair fluttering behind her with every action.

Then came the song.

It wasn't like any kind of music that I had ever heard of before. The tune swelled up and lowered down in smooth, unbroken succession. It was like listening to a bell that never grew quiet after being hit.

The DeathSong started to sing as well, their voices melding together to make one strange, exquisite harmony.

Unfortunately, the song didn't last long. Before I had the time to properly enjoy the gorgeous tones that were harmonizing as each melody bounced off of the stone cliffs that were surrounding us, their song was over. The DeathSong had fallen asleep, Elyria's voice disappearing as the melody escaped through the openings in the cliffs. Her dance slowly came to a halt, leaving everyone in stunned silence.

"Hiccup, do your thing with the Monsterous Nightmare Gel. It's your turn to do the saving since I got the DeathSong off of our backs. Man, it's been a long time since I did that dance." She said, giving me a bright smile.

"R-Right," I said, spreading the gel all over everyone and their dragons.

But my mind was filled with thoughts. As she danced, I realized once again; Elyria was stunningly beautiful, and something in my heart made me want to be with her. Then the questions really boiled down to one:

Did she like me back?

~~~ /// ~~~ \\\ ~~~

2.7 pages, 915 words