Night of the Hunters (1)

Third pov

"Guys, what did you even put in that water? My hair's black!!" Elyria complained, yelling at Tuffnut and Ruffnut.

"How are we supposed to know? We just put in a whole bunch of stuff from the forest." They shrugged, walking away laughing.

Elyria headed to Hiccup's Hut so that she could brush her hair out in front of a proper mirror. When she walked in through the door, Hiccup looked at her with a shocked face, jaw about to hit the floor.

"Hiccup, you'll catch flies at that rate." She said, laughing.

"Oh. Sorry. Are you deciding to go for a new look? Your hair's... black."

"I know it is. The twins dumped water on me, and now my hair's black. Apparently they put in a whole bunch of stuff from the forest in the water, so I have no way of knowing what happened. But most natural hair dyes aren't permanent, so the colour should wash out in a bit."

"But it looks nice on you."

"Aww. Thanks. I'm going to go out with Astrid and Stromfly for a morning run, okay? We'll be back soon."

After sorting out a few branches and leaves out of her hair, Elyria started to leave.

"El, wait."

"What is it?"

"You still have a leaf on your head."

Hiccup stood up, and gently picked off the leaf sitting on her head. Then they realized that their noses were almost touching. A fierce blush spread over both of their faces, Elyria moving black slightly. Then before Hiccup could react, she gave him a kiss on the cheek before flying away.

--- Hiccup Pov ---

She kissed me on the cheek. Does that mean that she likes me back? Or am I understanding her intentions incorrectly? GAH! This is too hard!! Why couldn't she have just told me outright?! Although confessing to the person that you like is terrifying... that's why I've been putting it off for so long. I don't know if she likes me back, and if she doesn't, then... I don't know what I'd do. 

Elyria, please just tell me that you like me. I don't want to screw up our friendship.

Oh Gods, if she does like me back, it'd be everything that I'd dreamed of.

It's only been about a year since we've known each other, but I'm already so deeply in love with you that I can't even think of a life without you anymore.

"Hiccup, have you seen Astrid and Elyria? I haven't seen either of them all day." Snotlout told me, walking into the hut.

"All day? But it's still morning."

"No, it's late in the afternoon. You've been in here all day. What have you been doing? Toothless is outside with the other dragons, too. Did you oversleep or something?"

"No, no. I was just thinking. It's weird that they're not back yet. Tell everyone to saddle up. The weather' getting bad, and we should go look for them." I said, hurrying outside.

.

.

.

"Stormfly!!"

"Astrid, calm down. You're safe now. Where's El? Why isn't she with you?" I asked, starting to feel fear creeping into my stomach.

SLAM

"Astrid!! You're all right!!"

El ran into the room, dripping with rainwater. Her clothes and hair were clinging to her like a second skin, sowing every single, prominent body curve. Good lord, why must you do this to me?

"El, you're all wet. What happened?"

"Astrid told me to get you guys, so I started flying back. Then I got shot with this arrow with green stuff all over it and passed out. When I woke up, I was in the middle of the woods, with the rain pouring all over me. I came back, and here you are. Astrid, I'm so glad you're okay."

"I'm glad that you're safe too, Elyria. But they got Stormfly. We have to go save her before it's too late."

"All right, everyone. Saddle up." I ordered, Astrid deciding to sit with Snotlout and Hookfang for some reason.

Just as I was about to follow the others and saddle up, El held me back. She seemed to have a lot to say. She pulled me into a hug, her small, cold body being engulfed by my own.

"Hiccup, I know that this probably isn't the time to tell you this, but I don't know what'll happen to any of us now that Dragon Hunters are getting involved. And... I don't want to die, or get caught without you knowing my true feelings."

Wait.

Is she... confessing?!

"I like you, Hiccup Haddock. I like you a lot. I might even love you. I don't know how you feel about me, but... I wanted you to know."

Elyria pulled away from me and started to leave the room. This time, I was the one holding her back. She looked back at me with wide eyes, with surprise written all over her face.

And without another word, I planted a soft kiss on her lips.

"I love you too, Elyria. I've loved you ever since I've laid eyes on you."

~~~ /// ~~~ \\\ ~~~

Confession and first kiss in ten chapters!!

2.5 pages, 883 words