HQ

Elyria Pov

After a few failed tries, the group finally managed to find a nice island that seemed to be habitable for both dragons and humans. I decided to think about how I was going to make my house, and what kind of layout I wanted it to have. After the DeathSong fiasco, I had changed into warmer clothes since we had a long flight ahead. And boy, was I glad that I did so.

"I don't see it," Tuffnut muttered.

"Yeah. I don't see it either." Ruffnut chimed in, the two staring at Fishlegs' layout of how he wanted the island to be.

"Guys, we can talk about how we want to set up the island later. For now, we need to make camp for the night." Hiccup stated, trying to get everyone working.

"I'll go get us some fish, then." I volunteered, whipping up a couple of baskets made of tall grass.

"El, can I come with you? I have to get some fresh water, so..." Astris said, bringing the nearly empty water bottles.

"Sure."

~~~ Mini Time Skip ~~~

The two of us searched for a stream or a pond, where we would be able to get fresh water and catch our dinner for tonight. Astrid seemed to have a lot of questions that she wanted to ask me.

"Hey. I realized that I never got to thank you for saving us from that DeathSong. Thank you." She said, giving me a sincere smile.

"Hey. That's what friends are for, right? You don't have to thank me." I replied.

"I really liked that dance, too. Where did you learn it?"

FLASHBACK

"Princess, you're turning the wrong way. One day, you might meet a DeathSong, and need to protect yourself or others from it. When that time comes, you don't want to risk everyone's safety by getting the moves wrong."

"Sorry, teach."

"I get that being left-handed may cause you some troubles since it makes you instinctively go the opposite way, but that's no reason for you to keep getting the moves wrong. Come on, try again."

FLASHBACK OVER

"Back when I was with the other LycanWings," I confessed, remembering the times when I still had others like me to talk to my troubles about.

I liked being with Hiccup and the others, but that didn't necessarily mean that they understood my dragon troubles or could help me get through them. They didn't know what it was like to live with a bloodthirsty dragon in your body, whispering horrible things into your ear.

"Did something happen to them? Why are you travelling alone?"

"They're either dead or caught by Dragon Hunters. The Dragon Hunters raided our island one day and destroyed everything. Captured quite a lot of the villagers, too. Thankfully, I was one of the luckier ones to escape."

"Oh. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked..."

"It's all right. It was a very long time ago, anyway." I told her, a wry smile placing itself on my lips.

"Well then, let's talk about Hiccup."

"Wait. W-why are we talking about-?"

I could feel a hot blush take over my cheeks at the mention of the tall male. Why now?! I can't hide my feelings if you ask me about someone so suddenly!! I thought, quickly turning my face away.

"I've known him for over three years. I can tell certain things, you know. So, do you like him?" She asked, teasing me.

"I-"

"Hey girls, what's taking you so long?! My Hooky's going to die of starvation if you guys take any longer!!" Snotlout yelled, emerging through the bushes with Hookfang trailing behind him.

"Right. Sorry. Here. Help me carry these back." I handed him one of the baskets filled with fish, as I took the other one.

Hookfang took the third basket, while Stormfly took the fourth. Astrid had her hands full with the numerous water bottles in her arms. Astrid was angrily yelling at Snotlout for disturbing us at the most important time, but I was glad that he came in when he did. I wasn't sure of my feelings for Hiccup yet, and I wanted to confess once I understood it completely.

The five of us (including the dragons) returned to the campsite. I absent-mindedly put fish by the fire to cook, thinking about Hiccup when someone called out to me.

"El, I got everybody else's ideas for their hut, except for yours. Did you have anything in mind?"

"H-H-Hiccup?! I mean, yes! NO! I wasn't thinking about you, who said that?!"

"Huh? No one told me- wait. Did you say that you were just thinking about me?"

Crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcap!! Why did I say that?! Stupid feelings!! Stop blushing, me!! I yelled to myself, trying to calm my (probably) red face down. Hiccup was looking at me with worry all over his face, along with confusion. Now he's going to think that you're a complete weirdo!!

"Huh? W-why would I be thinking about you?! I'll get you my idea for the hut by tomorrow, okay?!" I blurted out, shoving a well-cooked fish into his hands before hurrying away from the embarrassing scene.

~~~ /// ~~~ \\\ ~~~

She's so cute when she's flustered. Hehe.

2.5 pages, 874 words