Marriage Ceremony (1)

Elyria Pov

I found myself waking up to very loud shouts that echoed around the entire Edge. I could already feel the onslaught of headaches caused by sleep deprivation coming my way. Can't a LycanWing rest in peace?! I growled to myself, before grabbing my axe and throwing it expertly towards the source of the voice.

"SNOTLOUT!! SNOTLOUT!! OY OY OY!!"

"Snotlout, watch out!!"

"WHAT THE- KYAAAAA---!!"

I snickered to myself, watching the idiotic Viking scream like a little girl just before being saved by Astrid. Snotlout glared at me, who was watching the entire ordeal happen through the window in Hiccup's side of the room.

"Hey!! What was that for?!" He shrieked, his voice at least three whole tones higher than before.

I only rolled my eyes in annoyance and went back to bed. First Hiccup keeps me up at night and refuses to let me sleep, then an idiot decides to wake me up this early in the morning. What next? Wedding invitations? I thought, snorting.

"You really should loosen your grip up a little, boy-o. It maximizes the bone-shattering potential." Another annoying voice wriggled itself into my brain.

I'm going to kill them, skin them, gut them, drain them, then hang them out to dry so that I can feed their mangled corpse to a Whispering Death, I swear!! I snarled, flying out of my room and towards the training arena in the middle of the HQ. When I arrived, everyone looked at me with surprise and shock, then worry.

"What?!"

"Nothing. It's just... you have bags under your eyes... and you look really tired. Did you get enough sleep last night, Elyria?" Astrid asked, walking over to me with concern all over her features.

"No. First Hiccup refuses to let me sleep, then that blithering idiot of a Jorgenson decides to scream his head off "training" three hours later. And now we have this." I complained, gesturing to Spitelout.

"Hey!! That's my dad you're talking to!!"

"Shut your trap, Snotlout. Before I decide to make Jorgenson jerky out of that body of yours."

He nervously laughed, before inching away from my angry self. Of course, then Hiccup came to their rescue.

"El, calm down."

"I JUST WANT TO HAVE SOME SLEEP, OKAY"

"Well, lass, I'd love to let ye sleep, but ye have a marriage ceremony to get to this evening." Spitelout cut in.

"Marriage ceremony?" I questioned, feeling confused.

"Aye. I come with news from Berk. There's to be a union tomorrow between two proud houses. Between our family, house Jorgenson, and-"

"What kind of muttonhead would marry into the Jorgenson's?" Astrid huffed, snickering to herself.

"-Astrid's family, House Hofferson." Spitelout finished, making me question my sanity.

"Hiccup, I am awake, right? I'm not having a bad dream or something?" I whispered, pinching the bridge of my nose from both confusion and pain.

"Well-"

"And with a special request, we have you, miss Elyria LycanWing, getting married to... what's his name? Steve? It was Steve something Dead-" Spitelout muttered.

--- Hiccup Pov ---

"You don't happen to mean Steinheim Deadflight, do you?" Fishlegs questioned, the name making goosebumps appear on my skin.

El's pale face turned even paler, the blood draining out of her face. She looked disgusted, disoriented, and dead. It wasn't her day today. We knew part of her past, which made it easier for us to understand what was happening, behind the scenes. Even after almost getting killed by El, Stein was determined to "have" her as his own.

"Aye!! That's the one!!" The older Jorgenson rejoiced.

"Wait. But isn't he dead? And why would he be marrying Elyria?" Tuffnut asked, frowning.

"Well, according to what I've been told, Elyria is that Stein-something's fiancee. Then Hiccup apparently "seduced" her into leaving him and took her away." Spitelout explained, making everyone's jaws drop.

"Hiccup? Seduce her? No way." Ruffnut commented.

"After hearing that Elyria lived in Berk with us, he came and requested that Stoick let him and Elyria marry on our sacred matrimonial island- the Island of

"So, we have House Jorgenson and House Hofferson getting married, which is unprecedented, as well as Elyria and Stein getting married? In one day?" Astrid summed up, eyes wide with shock.

PLOP

Elyria collapsed onto the ground, the news too much for her to handle. It was either that or the overwhelming increase of anger that she kept getting over the past half hour or so. I thought, worried about the small female's condition.

"Wait, this means- this means that Snotlout is going to be... family?!" She continued, making a nauseated expression.

"Welcome to the family, lass. Now, on to business." Spitelout continued, talking about his business with his son Snotlout.

Meanwhile, the twins and I helped El sit up from her collapsed state on the ground, only to realize that she was sleeping. A small chuckle made its way past my lips.

~~~ /// ~~~ \\\ ~~~

While Astrid tried to deny the horrible fact that she would be getting related to Snotlout, Elyria decided to catch a catnap. As for Hiccup, well... we'll see.

2.7 pages, 852 words