Snow Way out (1)

What happened the next day when Snotlout came running to Hiccup for help. The Twins had pulled a prank on him again, and he didn't know how to get revenge on them.

~~~ /// ~~~ \\\ ~~~

Hiccup Pov

"WHOO HOO" El yelled, flying next to us with an elated expression on her face.

Fishlegs had finished the new Gronkle Iron Armour this morning- and Toothless and I had been training with it ever since. El was just out for a nice race. She liked to race against Toothless once in a while, saying that she needed to get faster to beat Stein. Toothless growled, wriggling his body around with an annoyed expression on his face.

"Yeah, I hear ya, bud. Wearing metal on bare skin can be... itchy. Trust me, I'd know. But we need to stay focused. There's no margin for error this time." I commented, chuckling lightly.

"What do you say we go in fast and low?" I suggested, El muttering something that I just barely caught through the whistling of the wind.

"That's what he said."

"Huh? Wait- El, could you repeat that?" I asked, feeling a hot blush take over my cheeks.

Did she say what I thought she said just now?

"I didn't say anything!! You're imagining things, Hiccup." El replied, shrugging innocently.

As the three of us came into range of the arrows, hooks, and nets, El diverged away from us and moved into a safer zone where she wouldn't get dragged into the training.

"Be safe!!" El waved, swerving away.

"See you s- NET!!"

Toothless rolled away from the net at my panicked yell, before dodging half a dozen hooks. Then came the paint-tipped arrows. It was going well until the armour started to fall apart, the metal not being able to take the speed and resistance of the air.

SPLAT-!!

"Snotlout!! Snotlout!! Oy-oy-oy!!" Snotlout cheered, standing behind a large crossbow.

"Nice shot, Snotlout." I complimented half-heartedly, slightly annoyed by the act that Snotlout had been the one to hit me with the paintball arrow.

SPLAT!!

"D'aww!! Really?!" I groaned as a paintball arrow hit me right in the chest.

"Hahaha- Ow!!"

Snotlout laughed until Toothless sent a small plasma blast to explode in front of him, sending Snotlout falling off of the tower that the crossbow had been put on. El landed onto the tower smoothly and as silently as always, before taking a brief aim and landing me with the second paintball arrow.

"Hey!! Not you too!!" I complained.

~~~ Mini Time Skip ~~~

"Get a good night's sleep, everyone. We're going after the Dragon Hunters to the Snow Wraith's Island tomorrow." I said, grabbing a half-asleep El into my arms and walking off to our hut.

I closed and locked the front door, as it was normal for us to do so in case of any enemies wandering around during the night want to cause us harm. Toothless took one look at us and scampered away, leaving through the large dragon-sized door in El's room. He tended to give us space when he felt that his mental innocence was in danger.

Placing El on the bed, I gently shook her awake.

"Muh... Hiccup? Is something wrong?" She asked sleepily, adorably rubbing her eyes.

I crossed my arms and gave her my best angry face. Maybe it was because she knew that I could never stay angry at her for long, but the moment El saw my face, she let out a small laugh.

"Are you complaining about the three-day no-cuddle punishment I gave you?"

"Uh, yes?! Do you know how much I had to suffer because of it?!" I half-yelled, making El fall into fits of bright laughter.

"Come over here, you Doofus."

El happily pulled me into her arms, and I responded by climbing onto my bed and pulling her along with me. We laid on the bed, a stack of pillows supporting me so that I was in a half-sitting, half-laid position. El's body was practically on top of mine as we cuddled and enjoyed each other's presence happily.

"Call me by my nickname, not "doofus". We made them for occasions like this, remember?" I said laughing, enjoying the scent of Night Jasmine wafting from her.

"You'll always be my Lil' Beastie," El whispered, leaving me a kiss on the cheek.

"And you'll always be my El," I responded, placing my lips on hers.

The kiss began as something sweet and chaste. But before either of us knew what was happening, we found ourselves becoming more aggressive as we sought for more.

Unspeakable bliss spread through me as I felt her soft lips on mine, the intoxicating scent of Night Jasmine filling my nostrils. It's a wonder how I managed to survive for three days without her, I realized. El's slim fingers found their way into my hair, brushing through my brown locks. Meanwhile, my arms wrapped themselves around her slender body, the warmth feeling somewhat foreign after the three days of my "punishment".

El was the first to break the kiss, panting slightly for air. She buried her face into the crook of my neck, face and ears red from embarrassment. I'd originally intended to stop there- until El said something that set my heart on fire.

"I love you."

~~~ /// ~~~ \\\ ~~~

He loves you too.

2.6 pages, 897 words