DownTime (2)

Hiccup Pov

"May Satan have mercy on us," El muttered, chuckling to herself as I pushed Barf and Belch away from me for the millionth time.

"GAH"

Toothless gave me a disapproving look.

"Now now, Toothless. Don't get jealous. You have me!! Why don't you and I go for a quick spin around the island? We could go get a bath and continue building that sauna and hot springs area. You could tell me how I look in my new bathing suit, too!!" El said, leading Toothless away.

Wait!! I want to see you in your new bathing suit too!! Don't go get a bath with Toothless!! Toothless is a GUY!!!!!! I screamed internally, hurriedly going after El. But of course, as previously planned, I fell through the hole in the bridge, dangling helplessly in the air.

"Perfect execution!" Ruff and Tuff exclaimed to themselves, giving me a thumbs-up.

"Oh no! No! I'm so scared and in need of help!" I shouted half-heartedly, hoping that this could all end soon.

If El was a normal human, I wouldn't need to worry about competition. She had me, and I had her. But since El was also half-dragon, I had to worry about other male dragons, too. I highly doubted that Toothless and El would fall in love with each other in that sort of way, but that didn't stop me from worrying.

"Barf!! Belch!! Please help me!!" I yelled, just as the said Zippleback appeared.

But instead of getting me off of the rope, the two started to headbutt me. Back and forth.

"Wait, no- That's not-"

"What happened? They were supposed to save you." Tuff commented.

"Great. You're not- You're not helping me." I said, between headbutts.

"Hey, they're playing "Bat the Nutt"! Ruff, look. They're playing "Bat the Nutt"." Tuff continued, calling to his twin sister.

"I got next!!" Ruff called dibs.

SNAP

CRASH

Thankfully enough, the rope broke, making me faceplant onto the ground. I laid there dazed and annoyed, trying to think up of the fastest way to get out of this mess.

"Guys, the point was for Barf and Belch to think that they're saving my life," I said, trying to stop the Zippleback from licking my face.

"You're right, Hiccup. Our dragon's way too smart for this." Ruff retorted.

"Exactly. I guess we'll have to put you in some real danger." Tuff replied, devious smirks growing on the twins' faces.

Our next plan was for me to stand at the foot of a steep hill, while the twins waited at the top with a huge pile of logs. When Barf and Belch were within reach/sight, the twins would push the logs down the hill, where I would be standing and waiting for them to save me.

Worst case scenario?

I would become a Hicc-ake.

Get it? Hiccup and pancake. Hicc-ake.

I know. That was bad. And I wasn't breaking the fourth wall there, either.

Anyways.

I stood in position, waiting for Barf and Belch to show up.

"NOW, TUFF!!!" I shouted, signalling them.

"This is the best plan to kill Hiccup ever," Tuff told his sister.

"You mean pretend to kill Hiccup?"

"Sure. Tomato, to-mah-to."

The logs started to roll down the hill at an alarming rate, getting closer to me with every passing millisecond.

"Come on, Barf and Belch. Let's get moving. Logs rolling. Skinny lives to save," I muttered.

Oh, man. If I don't die from the logs, Toothless will. No, Elyria will. BOTH OF THEM WILL KILL ME ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!! Get those legs moving, Barf, Belch!!! I promised myself that I wouldn't make Elyria cry!! Ever!! I thought, willing for the twins' Zippleback to somehow move faster.

But as always, fate loved to play tricks with me.

At the last moment, Barf and Belch got stuck in a tree, bonked their heads against each other, and knocked itself out. That left me at the complete mercy of the very-dangerous and very-quickly-rolling logs.

"Oh, Thor!!"

"HICCUP"

BOOM

A very familiar plasma blast, paired with the voice that I had so longed to hear, came calling when I needed them most.

Toothless stood a little ways away from me, looking proud of himself for saving me for the millionth time. Meanwhile, El didn't look very happy about what she had just seen.

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!!"

"Uh,"

"I'M NOT GOING TO LET YOU LEAVE ME SO EASILY, GOT THAT?! DYING FROM A FREAK ACCIDENT THAT YOU PLANNED OUT?! DON'T BE RIDICULOUS!! IF YOU'RE TRYING TO PUT YOURSELF IN DANGER, HAVE AT LEAST FIVE SAFETY PLANS MEASURED OUT!!!!" She screamed, her usually white scales melting into a deep crimson.

But as fast as it came, the deep crimson colour was replaced by deep indigo. El had a lost and saddened look on her face, as she refused to meet my eyes.

"I... I don't know what I'd do if I'd lost you, okay?"

~~~ /// ~~~ \\\ ~~~

Bad Hiccup.

2.4 pages, 838 words