First Meet 1986

"Wake up! Wake up Torrence! My brothers home!"

My best friend Billie Jo was shaking me awake. I got up quickly' cause I knew how excited she was.

Her older(much older) brother Bret was coming home for the holidays. He was in a band I guess trying to make it in LA. I've never met the dude but he is all Billie Jo talks about.

So, I jumped up and we both got ready. Its the 80's so hair dryers,curling irons and more Aqua Net than our ozone could handle filled the bathroom. My hair was blonde and was about shoulder length. thanks to hair spray and Dep gel, I could curl it up high and make side wings.

My eyes were blue,a light angelic blue,and I caked on the eye shadow (blue&green of course) black eye liner and blush. The blush had to trace the lines of my cheekbones.

I was skinny with chicken legs. My nickname at school was chicken legs. How original. But, I did resemble a pool stick with a chia pet on my head so it's all good.

Most people tell me, "you'd be so beautiful if you gained some weight" or" are you anorexic"? That's my favorite. Sorry people just built this way so like Frankie says, relax!

Anyway, Billie Jo raced downstairs and I could barely keep up. "Jo! Chill out! Don't have a cow!"

I call her Jo she calls me Torri. It works. I could hear voices in the kitchen and Jo scream like a friggin maniac. I slowly approached. I'm shy and not at all used to this so I tiptoed in like a spy.

"Torri! Come meet Bret and his band."

So much for the stealth like behavior.

Four heads turned. And, I was in shock. Theses were guys?? Holy crap! They looked like women, hell pretty women at that. Their hair was teased sky high, all four of them, well that would explain the hole in the ozone layer.

They were each wearing a ton of makeup and dressed in leather and shiny clothing. I couldn't tell if they were in a band or strippers. Not that I would tell Jo that.

The one with the Cyndi Lauper looking hair stuck out his hand. "Hi, I'm Rikki."

"Hi."

The black haired one who looked like Joan Jett on crack stuck his hand out, "hi, I'm Bobby."

"Hi."

Then, this white haired guy? Came right up next to me threw his arms around me in a big bear hug and literally shouted in my ear,"I'm C.C. Nice to meet Ya!"

I stood there stiff letting him hug me.

"C.C, good Lord let the girl go and eat."

That was Deborah, Jo and Bret's mom. She was awesome!! This was the June Cleaver kind of mom. She took me in as one of her own. I would kill to have her as my mother.

C.C. let go and sat down at the kitchen table. There was already a huge breakfast spread on the table. Eggs,bacon,sausage,pancakes...whoa,it looked like IHOP.

"Here, Tor have a seat. Dig in or I'll eat it all. Yummy!" C.C. said. Ok. Was this guy on something?

"Don't pay any attention to C.C. he's always like this. "

I turned and there was Bret. Holy crap! This guy was so gorgeous he made John Stamos look ugly.

He stuck out his hand.

"Hi. I'm Bret. You must be the Torri my sister talks endlessly about."

Apparently, I put my hand too because we shook hands.

"Uh, I am her." That was pretty much the extent of what I could manage.

"Its nice to meet you," He said than Sat down to eat.

Wow....Bret was undeniably, unmistakably gorgeous!! I could die just sitting near him. Those gorgeous eyes, that flawless face-

"Ow!" I yelled. Jo kicked me under the table. They all looked at me.

"Sorry I,uh, banged my knee."

"Stop staring at my brother. You're freaking me out." Jo whispered.

I blushed from head to toe and my neck was red. Whenever I get embarrassed my neck turns red. I hate that. Its such a dead give away.

"Sorry. I just can't help it." I whispered back.

She laughed. We kept whispering when suddenly a piece of bacon hit me in the face.

"Hey!" I yelled.

"Shame, Shame you two. No whispering unless you plan to share with the rest of the group." C.C. I should've known. He was actually making the shame shame motion with his fingers.

Everybody was laughing.

"Take this." Jo said and flung sausage at him.

"Hey!" He yelled and was just about to throw the entire bowl of eggs when Debbie stepped in.

"C.C. Deville, don't you dare!"

"Yes, mom," he said and pretended to cry.

This was unreal to me. The way they joked and laughed and talked nicely to each other.

That's not the case at my house. My older brother is usually high on something or worshipping Satan, my dad is locked away in his garage avoiding my mother who is always drunk. And, mean. I hate my house.

Which reminded me I would have to leave soon. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and I had to be home. No clue why. We don't do anything. And, my mom is usually drunk and swearing the day away.

So, for now, I am going to enjoy this wonderful family and stare at Bret.