Chapter 10: Gaster's Secret

Three days... it's been three days. Since Gaster attacked me, and since he left. We haven't since him since.

Semi was extremely worried. He had heard some monsters had seen a skeleton matching Gaster's description, but he was never there when he searched.

I didn't dare tell him Gaster had attacked me. That was the last thing he needed to know right now. But I did tell him that I showed Gaster my secret, and then told him that about secret, about my scars. He didn't ask anything more after that.

I spent the time trying to solve Gaster's Rubix Cube. It was just on the coffee table, and I thought, maybe, I could try to solve it until he came back.

After a while, I put down the cube, taking a break from it, and went to the kitchen to get a drink. At that moment, Semi walked back inside.

"Didn't find him, again." He turned to me. "How was your day?"

"I- I'm sure he's alright," I said. "He's strong, right? A powerful monster wizard? He's..."

"I know you're trying to make me feel better, but please... I just need to... keep a clear mind."

I quieted down, as I poured myself a glass of milk. "Want some?"

"Sure."

I was grabbing a glass for Semi, when there was a knock at the front door.

"What... we rarely get visitors down here," Semi said. He went to the front door, while I poured him a glass of milk, when he yelled, "Wingding!"

I quickly put the milk jug down, and ran to the door, to see Gaster, soaking wet, his clothes muddied and dirty.

"G-Gaster, you're back!" I pushed past Semi, and pulled Gaster into a hug. "Where were you!?"

Semi, who was apparently in shock, shook his head, and joined into the now group hug.

"Wingding," Semi spoke up, "We were so worried."

"I'm sorry," Gaster replied, "but I had to do something important... for... Chara."

I was shocked. This was the first time he referred to me by my name. "Do what for me?"

"Please, come."

Semi and I looked at each other. Neither of us knew what to make of this.

"I-I- Okay," I said.

Gaster nodded, then quickly slipped inside and grabbed an umbrella, Semi's large one. Then we followed him.

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

He took us back down the rain path, right to the end where me and Gaster first met. Then he took us a few steps beyond that, where...

"Asriel..." I said, tears in my eyes.

A stone statue, made the likeness of... the fallen prince. My brother.

"You did this, Gaster?" Semi asked, amazed.

"Yes," he replied. "I've never met the prince, so I only had artist's interpretations to go off of, but I used all my magic, every magic bone I've ever constructed, to carve this statue."

"...You made this for me?" I asked Gaster.

"Yes..." he replied. "But that's not all. I heard you play, Chara. And after listening to you, I added something special."

Gaster leaned down, where a box was slotted into the lap of the statue. He opened it up, and a simple tune started playing.

"A music box. Where did you find this?" Semi asked.