Chapter 24: Gaster vs. Undyne

SNAP!

Gaster's Blasters fired in unison. Undyne was able to jump out of the way, or so she thought. Unfortunately for her, with good positioning, Gaster's Blasters outnumbered her.

Two of his Blasters struck the ground where she was, colliding into an explosion of light. But another two crossed where Undyne was going to be as she flew in the air, and the last two fired at Gaster's feet, and the beams swept down along the ground towards Undyne.

Not expecting this carefully aimed attack, Undyne flew right into the crossed lasers. Luckily for her, she was able to send her spears towards Gaster before getting struck, but this was not good for her as she got hit by the air beams, and then fell back to the ground and got struck by the sweeping beams.

There was still the matter of Undyne's spears. As Gaster's attack went on, he willed his wall of bones in front of him. They circled around the front of him, blocking Undyne's spears. Some pierced through the bones, but got stuck in them. Others were caught between two bones, forced out of flight, or even snapped in two.

After all that, only one spear got through. Gaster raised his hands, and clasped them together, grabbing the spear. I thought he was going to snap this spear into pieces, like the first one he grabbed, but instead, he spread his hands along the spear, holding it in more of a two-handed standby stance.

Two of Gaster's magic hands appeared, and grasped the ends of the spear. Suddenly, the spear started changing to a purple color. Then it began to shrink and reform, until it disappeared under four clasped hands. They then separated, revealing a purple glowing orb, with then changed into streams of light, flowing right into the magic hands before fully disappearing. Then he dispelled his magic hands.

Undyne got back up and replied with, "what. The. Heck. How did you do that?"

"Years of practice and study," Gaster replied. Not waiting for her to retaliate, Gaster continued his attack. He slammed his hand on the ground, and bones sprung from the ground, rising, then falling back into the ground, surging towards Undyne in a large wave.

Undyne quickly jumped over the bone wave, but this seemed to be Gaster's strategy. Keep her in the air. Before she could land, Gaster used his own blue magic to grab her, then forced her onto one of the walls in the cavern. Undyne got up, standing sideways, only to feel a rumble below her. She had jumped up as bones sprung out below her. Then Gaster forced her to another wall, where she had to jump over more bones from the ground.

This repeated, he'd send her to a wall, the floor, or the ceiling, and Undyne would have to jump over a bone attack. But as this went on, I could see Undyne slowing down, getting exhausted. After the thirteenth round of this attack, Undyne got hit by the bones. The blue on her Soul faded, and she fell to the ground.

Unwilling to give up, she quickly got up, and dashed towards Gaster. He responded with a quick wave of his hand, and another bone wave was sent out. But this one was different. As they strung out and retracted back into the earth, they did so, almost as if spinning in a spiral pattern.

Undyne jumped over the first wave, and in the air, summoned a spear, and threw it at Gaster. He simply stepped to the side and dodged it. Undyne continued to do this, jump over a wave and throw another spear, and Gaster would dodge them, or deflect them with a swift hit from one of his hands.

It seemed Undyne had gotten wise to Gaster's tactics, and was working around them, but I could tell she was getting desperate and exhausted. She was slowing down, tiring, and trying to end this quickly.

Eventually, Gaster ended his attack, and the bones disappeared completely. Undyne stood there panting. In one last desperate move, she slammed her hand on the ground. Numerous cyan circles appeared on the ground in various spots, including one under Gaster, one under Frisk, and one under me.

Suddenly, spears shot out of the circles near Undyne. They continued to shoot out, then disappear, quickly getting closer to the three of us.

I immediately jumped out and grabbed Frisk, pushing the two of us out of the way of Undyne's attack. Gaster, however, simply stepped back, raised his Blasters above him and aimed them down, and fired.

As the beams struck the ground, they started spinning in a circle, and expanding outward, destroying the spears as the popped up, near us. They did shift in position enough that they barely missed me and Frisk. But the intended effect was completed. Undyne's arsenal was destroyed (at least what she had summoned for now).

Before she could react, Gaster raised his hands, and a group of light-blue bones popped out of the ground below Undyne. I knew this attack. It wouldn't hurt Undyne, as long as she didn't move. Meaning she was trapped. Gaster then willed his Blasters to aim towards Undyne.

"This is it, Captain," Gaster said. "You've lost."

Undyne looked like she wanted to complain or something, but she didn't. She was defeated.

"Return home," Gaster continued, "I'll be taking Chara with me. As for the child."

"She's coming with us, too, Wingding," I told him.

He looked at Frisk, and sighed. "Very well." He dispelled his bones and Blasters, and turned to leave. "Come, Chara... it's time to go home."

I turned to Undyne, who just stood there, glaring at us, but unmoving, silent. "Come on, Frisk," I say, grabbing her hand, and taking her to follow Gaster.

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Author's Note: Now we head into the second half of the Battle with Undyne, and we now have Gaster vs. Undyne. Not a very long battle, but I didn't want to drag this out much longer. Not to mention, Undyne would logically still be tired. It was more of a demonstration of Gaster's magical ability, though I didn't want to reveal everything he can do now.

The next chapter is the last chapter of Book 1. Then comes Book 2.