Chapter 15: Ghost Date

I couldn't believe I was doing this. Hapi owed me for this.

I was walking up to Napstablook's place, which was right next to Hapi's. She asked me to do something for her. Something for Blooky. And well, now here I was.

I looked back. Hapi and Pristina were hiding behind a rock, looking over to me. Pristina gave me a thumbs up.

I turned back to the door, and gave a knock.

After a few seconds, the door opened up, revealing Napstablook.

"Hi," I said.

"...oh, hello," Blooky replied.

I pulled out an echo flower from behind my back. "So, I wanted to know... if... you... would..." Oh, you can do it, I told myself. "Would you... go on a date with me?"

Blooky was quiet. He then started to float backward, and slowly fell until his back was on the floor.

I walked up to Blooky, worried. The echo flower in my hand quickly said, "go on a date with me," echoing what I just asked.

"Blooky?" I asked.

"why me..." he replied, "why ask me... i'm just... me..."

Come on, Hapi, you said this would be easy. "What's wrong, wouldn't you want to... date... someone in your life."

"...no..."

"Come on." You really owe me, Hapi. "Just one?"

"... ... ...okay..."

"So, uh, when do you want to go?"

"anytime is good. uh, now, maybe...?"

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Well, that escalated quickly.

We decided to take a walk through the Waterfall. Nothing more, nothing less. We decided to just talk about somethings about each other (though we both already a lot about each other). Then he asked about that question, "so what do you think of the human soul?"

"The what?" I asked.

"...the first human soul asgore supposedly has. do you think it's true? does he have it?"

"Um, no, not really? I mean, he would've told everyone by now if he had a human soul, right?"

"...but, he's hasn't said he doesn't have one either..."

"True, but... let's just say, I have reason to believe that he doesn't have one yet. ...I really can't explain." I scratched behind my ear in that kind of nervous fashion. Eager to change the subject, I asked, "so, uh, Blooky, have you always been this shy?"

"...yeah. i just... i want to make friends... but i feel better when i am alone, working on my music."

"But you try."

"well... i just feel better working on my own."

"Maybe you just need some time talking to people. Hapstablook might be able to help." I mean, she was... and putting me in the middle of it.

"hapi is good with talking... she has big dreams, from what I hear. but me... i don't want much."

I wasn't what to think about that. He was a good guy, and deserved more. But I couldn't go against his wishes.

"You know... you're lucky," I didn't to tell him. "You at least have a supportive family. When my brother died, it was so hard on me. It didn't help that I met Wingding that same day, and... he wasn't as warm to me as he is now."

"...oh, i didn't know that."

"Hapi... is really lucky to have someone like you."

"what about your other family?" he asked.

"I... it's something I don't like to talk about," I replied.

I took a look a Blooky. He was leaning a little away from me, looking away in his shy demeanor. And looking at him, I thought it was a little cute.

Wait, did I...?

"chara?" Blooky spoke up, a little concerned.

"Sorry, I..." I stuttered. "Um, Blooky? How do you..."

"how do i what?"

I was just going to say it. "How do you feel about me?"

"...um you're really nice, and smart, and talented, and... i guess you're cute..."

"You think I'm cute?"

He quickly looked away while blushing.

I moved a little closer, and put my hand on... well, what I thought was his shoulder. "Hey, it's alright."

Blooky looked up at me, and smiled. "you've gotten better at your magic."

It may have seemed like an odd comment, but since he was a ghost, I shouldn't have been able to touch him. But with magic, I could. But that wasn't what I was concerned about.

I looked into his eyes, and I said, "you know, you're kinda cute, too." And you know, I felt that was an honest answer.

Blooky just floated there, silent.

"So," I started, "did you want to grab a bite to eat... or, something..."

...

"Blooky?"

"... ...i'm..."

"Yes?"

"sorry..."

"Huh..."

"i don't think this is working," Napstablook said. "...i meant what i said... about you, i mean. but i don't think i'm into you."

"Oh," I said. I tried to hide it, but I was disappointed. I actually was starting to think we had something going. "...Well, I guess that's alright."

"we... can still be friends, right?"

"Oh, of course! I never said we couldn't be!" I replied. I then decided, "I know it's not going to work between us, but I can still do this?"

"Um... sure... but what-" Blooky started, before I interrupted him with a kiss on the forehead.

His face got really red, before he said, "uh... thanks... i..."

I smiled. "It's okay."

He nodded. "i... i've got to go home. i-"

"It's fine, go on! see you later... buddy!" I waved to him as he flew.

I smiled, happy that I could do this, and turned around to make the walk home.

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Author's Note: I'm not entirely happy with how this chapter came out, but I wanted to write this one, and this was the best I came up with. Actually, I almost forgot to write this one, good thing I have a list of all the subjects I wanted to cover in Book 1. And the chapter is nice and short, and maybe it's a cute one, too. Nice to read... I hope.