Chapter 23: Battle with Undyne

Frisk wasn't doing alright. Undyne had struck her down hard. Her Soul was weak and she was about to be taken down... again. Time for another run, Frisk assumed.

She had gotten this far... but Undyne was tough and merciless. She was the one block in the road. Frisk just wanted to go home. Why did it have to be so hard?

Undyne walked over to her, slowly, a wide smirk on her face. Frisk couldn't move, thanks to Undyne's magic. All she could do is sit there and take the final blow.

Undyne raised her magic spear, a dangerous weapon made out of cyan blue magic energy, preparing for an attack. As she pulled back, Frisk shut her eyes, and-

"STOP!" Screeched a woman in the distance. Undyne stopped and turned to see who dared to interrupt her victorious moment, only to be met with a fireball exploding in her face.

As Undyne was blasted back, Frisk opened her eyes to see who the woman was. And she so pleased to see who it was.

Chara ran across the bridge, her hands blazing with red flame. She reached Frisk just as Undyne got up. Once Undyne saw Chara, she glared, and said, "What! Another human!? YOU-"

"WAIT!" Chara shouted, panting heavily. Frisk noticed her skin was white, and she was very still, crouching on the ground. Then she got up and yelled, "I hate bridges! I HATE HEIGHTS! And you!" She points at Undyne. "You made me do this!"

Undyne, a little surprised and flustered by the sudden turn of events, tried to react, before Chara shot her hand out, and Undyne's Soul popped out, a white upside-down heart, now surrounded in a blue glow. Chara then lifted her hand, and Undyne was levitated off the ground.

"What the-"

"Now... LEAVE FRISK ALONE!" Chara then swung her hand to the side, sending Undyne flying into the tunnel below the rock spire. She then stepped in front of Frisk, separating her from the tunnel, taking a defensive stance. With a snap of her fingers, two dog-like skulls appeared, floating by her sides. "It's my turn, now."

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Having to conquer my fear of heights to get might have been a problem, but I was more focused on Frisk. I had to protect her from this monster.

"Good to see you're okay Frisk," I told her. "So who is this, anyways?"

Undyne, Frisk signed, she's mean.

I started hearing the sound of iron boots pounding on stone. Undyne reappeared into view, magic spear in hand, dashing for me. Ready for combat, I aimed my Blasters in front of me, and when Undyne reached me, I fired them. Thanks to the practice of my flame magic combined with my Blasters, they fired two searing columns of fire in a cross, forcing Undyne back.

"Okay," Undyne said, "what the heck was all that!?"

"Magic," I respond. "What, didn't think humans could use that?"

Undyne smiles, and, catching me off guard, replied, "THAT'S AWESOME! I KNEW HUMANS WERE AWESOME! TELL ME, WHO TAUGHT YOU THIS! A WISE NINJA!? A REDHEADED KITSUNE!?"

Unnerved, I step back, summoning fire in my hands. "I have no idea WHAT you're even talking about!"

"OH, COME ON, TELL ME!"

I pulled back, and threw an explosive fireball at her, launching her back again. "One, stop yelling. Two, we're still fighting!" Then, using my blue magic, I lift Undyne into the air, and slammed her back into the ground.

Angry, Undyne quickly got back up, summoned a new magic spear, and swung it out, releasing a wave of green energy at me. When it reached me, my Soul popped out.