Chapter 13: Music

It's been about a week since I started hanging out with Pristina and Hapi. We've gone to the piano to play some music, talked about what's been happening, and tried to get each other to try different fashions.

They told me about what was happening in the Underground as a whole. Asgore still has yet to announce what happened to me, but more monsters have begun to think that I must have been dead. Whether or not my soul was recovered (in theory) was still up in the air. But I didn't care. I was more focused on having fun with my new friends.

Today, I had convinced Wingding to bring Pristina and Hapi to the Clearing after school. He didn't like it at first, but I thought it would be nice to have a better hang out than in the piano room, or at Hapi's place, both were either public or close to public areas, so we agreed that it would be safer to hang out in an out of the way place from everything.

I was sitting on a rock, waiting for my friends to arrive. I was playing with a fireball I had conjured, tossing it back and forth between my hands. I had gotten much better with my magic since I started training with the Serif family.

I heard footsteps in the distance, and I knew that Wingding and my friends should be arriving. I saw them come around the brush, with a surprise guest.

"Hapi! Pristina! You're here!" I called out. "Who's your friend?"

"Oh, him?" Hapi gestured to another ghost, this one white, carrying one of those portable DJ music mixers. "This is my cousin that I told you about, Napstablook." She flew over, and leaned toward me. "You can call him Blooky."

Wingding walked over with Pristina, and whispered in my ear, "don't worry, I know him. He's shy, but he's not a bad guy. You can trust him."

I nodded in response.

"What did you tell her?" Pristina asked.

"Nothing important," Wingding quickly replied.

Hapi looked around. "Hm, how drab."

"Hey, it's okay," I told her.

"Gaster says this is where you practice magic?" Pristina asked.

"Yeah," I said, tossing my fireball in the air, and making it explode in the air.

"Oh, Chara, I think you could have style," Hapi replied.

"It's like fireworks!" Pristina exclaimed.

Wingding just smiled.

"Well, I practice weekly, so... yeah," I replied. "I have to thank Wingding for helping me, despite not having fire magic himself."

Hapi spun around. "So Chara, you know me and Pristina like to dance, right? Have you ever danced?"

"Um, no. Wingding have you?" I asked him.

"Of course not. I don't-" Wingding began.

"Oh, come on, Gaster," Pristina interrupted. She held out her hand. "Dance with me!"

"So let me guess, we're not getting out of this?" I asked.

"NOPE!" Hapi and Pristina said together.

Hapi snapped her fingers (I think. Sometimes arms appear on her, but they're like nubs. So it just... happened). "Okay, Napstablook, hit it."

Napstablook set up his DJ system, and began playing some beats.

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

A few hours later, I was having probably some of the best times of my life. Hapi and Pristina clearly loved dancing, and they showed me a lot of moves to try out.