Episode 9

(Y/n's pov)

"Come inside miss." The gates open I nodded at the guards and put my hood up. "We're going to have to take the horse to the stables." They said which I understood, getting off of hero and handing him off. "I'll see you soon hero." Hero huffs in response and walks off with the guards. I take my first steps inside evenar, I looked around and see people working, kids running and playing, chickens walking around. This was a town full of hard working people it looked like. Now where would eugene be?
I walked up to a man and asked if he knew a Eugene but he shook his head. So I continued to ask around if people knew a man named Eugene.
But I saw this one man, stumbling a bit looking a bit drunk and laughing with a few other men. I was intimidated but I kept my composure and walked up to him. "Excuse Me?" He whipped around and raised a brow with a drunken smirk on his face. He couldn't even keep his eyes open. "Yes ma'am?" He slurred, he reeked of alcohol, it made me gag a little. It was just so unbearable. "Um...do you know a man named Eugene?" I asked and his eyes furrowed at me, putting a hand on my shoulder with an almost angry and serious expression. "Why do you ask little lady?" He slurred out like he didn't even know English. "A girl named red told me to find him. I need an escort." He scoffed and stumbled off to the tavern, opening the door for me. He gestured me inside, walking inside I see idiotic drunken men fighting for free drinks. People watched and cheered, putting gold coins In betting. Stupid.
The man sits me down at a booth and sits down across from me. "What do you need?" He asked with a scruffy tone in his voice as he raised a brow as me, looking slightly annoyed with me. He must be Eugene, I was expecting someone...quite different. "I assume your Eugene?" I asked which he rolled his eyes, nodding. "You got the coin? What do you need woman?" How rude to treat a lady like this. "I come from the kingdom of damthril, I'm the princess. It's been taken over by the Prince of tarial, kenji. Please, I need you to be my escort." He laughed, raised his hand and a waitress came up and ordered for two. Two cups of alcohol came, for the remainder he stayed quiet before evens answering my question. He drank his beer and breathed heavily, he was holding off on me. I grow annoyed with this man, should I just be a lone wolf? "Please. I'll pay you afterwards, how much?" He looked at me as I said this and put his fingers under his chin, thinking for a moment. "10,000 gold." My expression went wide, my mouth opening wide in shock. He wasn't even kidding either, but I guess I would have to though. Maybe I should negotiate? "7,000." I bumped it down, challenging him with a soft mocking smile which he glared at.
"10,000."
"5,000."
"10,000 gold lady, If you ain't got the gold I ain't your escort."
He wasn't going to break, I sighed softly and stood up. "You gave up too quick." He laughed, rolling his eyes and folding his arms with a challenging smirk. "No I didn't. If you want that gold then I'll give it to you." He scoffed at my answer then waved me off. "Go then." This was going to be a challenge, I need that gold and I need him as my escort. Was he even a real knight? Maybe he was scamming me, should i even trust him? If he was Eugene I had to trust his word along with red's word. I walked out of the tavern and looked around, where would 10,000 gold be located?
I walked around with my black hood up, I see children playing a game of tag. One of them runs into me by accident, falling on their bottom with an oof. "I'm sorry miss!" They apologized, I just chuckle in response and help them up. Noticing they're a boy, I help dust him off and pat his head gently. "Don't worry about it, you go play." He giggled and ran off down the road with his friends or his siblings. "Thank you for tolerating him." I jumped in surprise by the voice that came from behind me. I turn around to see a woman with blonde hair, green eyes with a blue dress with white pokedots on it. "Um...yeah it's not a problem.." I chuckled and looked at my feet. "Wait...are you y/n l/n? Daughter of the royal king of damthril?" She asks in shock which I reply to a finger to my lips. "Shh." She nodded, smiling respectfully. "It was nice meeting you." She then gathered the kids to go inside and eat. I continue to walk down the road to look around for things that could be worth 10,000 coins. I then see a pawn shop in the distance, walking inside I looked around and notice a man standing there waving at me in greeting. I smile back in return, I was just looking around. I needed Eugene to be my guide to where I need to go. I'm not going by myself, I don't even believe I will even survive out on my own. I don't know how to fight, I just run with the wind going by until it all goes away. I realize that the pawnshop has nothing of value that high. It was maybe around 70 coins more of less but nothing in the thousand range. I have to find something soon before guards come here...I have to act fast before I'm caught.

(Kenji's pov)

"Soldiers! We're going to the village of evenar! I believe y/n went north to where that girl went. Evenar won't be a far journey if we go quick." I instruct my soldiers with a grin on my face. I put my sword to my side and swing up on my black horse, putting two fingers up and making a circle motion to gesture my men to ride off. I rode in front of the herd through the trees of the forest.
I can't express how much I want this girl, if she makes me happy then i need her. She can't survive out there on her own, not without me. I'm the only one who can really help her survive out here in life. Y/n is my little snowflake. I want to touch her hair and twirl her around. I freeze the land for her, no matter how much blood I have to spill to get to her she's mine. But first she's got to learn that I'm the only one for her, that we were made for each other. No will not ever be an option for her.
Hitting the horse to go faster with an intense burning obsession in my heart. The more I think about her the more insane I go from not being near her. I want to kiss her again, and again, and again.
Oh y/n, you've been a bad girl. I gotta teach you a lesson for running from me, my precious girl.