Episode 13

(Y/n's pov)

People were dying left and right, the tariel soldiers who rode the white stallion were holding their bloodied swords and killing people. I saw kenji getting off his horse and calling off his men, eugene grabbed me and pulled me down behind a bush to hide.
"Y/n! I know your here my love! Your causing many innocent people to die here. If you don't come out now, these people will die and this whole village will be frozen!" "Or burned!" Sora added on with him with his hands behind his back. They were marching into houses and buildings, they searched and searched. Eugene looked at me and nodded. We went back inside and saw the horsemen looking at us with folded arms and a smirk. "Your the runaways hm?" How could he know so quick? "I know you princess y/n, I'll help you both out. Take the back road of the village through the woods. When you get out, you'll find more crossroads. Take the left to get to a famous inn. They'll take you in." I nodded and thanked him, bowing in appreciation for him. He shakes his head and smiled. "I'll be right behind you guys. Might wanna leave now before they block off all exits. I'll be going as well." Eugene and i nodded before getting on hero who stood up with a huff. "I'll meet ya there." We nodded, Eugene saluted a farewell before kicking heros side to get him running out. We looked for the dirt road, trying our best to avoid soldiers. When we were sneaking around, innocent people were dying by the soldiers sword when they denied seeing us or said they don't know. I wanted to scream for them to stop but I couldn't, my voice was choked up from the tears of horror seeing the terrible fate of this village unfold. Ice flooded the city, some people tried to run off but they were frozen in place. They're faces were frozen with terror.
I couldn't bear to look anymore. We soon found the back trail, running off down the trail through the woods. The ice travelled after us as it froze the trees and the wildlife around us. Hero ran faster and faster from the ice as it chased after us. I turned around to see the horsemen right behind us, he waved at me with a bright smile as he rode the horse, I wave back and look forward to see we were almost out of the forest.
Then the crossroads appeared and we were out. The horsemen rode beside us and we both stopped.
"Follow me, the road there is a bit long." And followed we did. Walking behind him, I was keeping my eyes behind us as I watched the ice coating the forest that was once beautiful. "This was my fault." I mumbled to myself with tears pricking my eyes as they burned a little bit, my chest tightened with hurt. "It s not, kenji was always a corrupted Prince. He has a history." The horsemen says as we followed him but I turned to him and wiped my eyes softly. "What's your name horsemen?" I asked which he looked at me and smiled softly. "Jackson, but you can call me jack." He introduced with a smile as he continued to lead his horse forward and ahead of us as we followed.
We've been traveling a few hours but it seems like we made it, it was a small village with very little people. Our horses trotted inside, we got off and we tied hero to a pole since there weren't any stables around.
"Follow me, the inn is just this way." We followed jack to where the inn was and when we got there we walked inside and a girl ran from the back and looked at us with sparkling eyes. "Jack! Your here!" She cheered, ringing a bell we hear footsteps running inside. "Heyyo jack! Who's your friends?" A male asked with cat like ears and tale. "Princess y/n and her knight eugene." They both gasped and bowed before me in greeting and respect. "We came here because the ice Prince is freezing the whole land trying to find the princess!" He exclaimed with slight panic in his voice, Eugene kept his cold stare as be folded his arms. "We got lucky." His scruffy tone spoke as he stood there with a good posture. They were shocked by the sudden news but they didn't seem surprised though. "I always knew that son of a bitch would go rogue. Tyrant motherfucker." The male said as he cleaned a glass with a white rag. "Dante, Dante seer." He greeted and the blue haired girl smile at the two of us. "I'm aliza. Dante's wife." She introduced herself as well and gestured. "Would you all like a room?" "Separate rooms please." Eugene said and she nodded, handing us all keys to our rooms which we took and walked to the number. "Call when you need anything!" Dante called out, I got to my room and I walked inside. Looking around the beautiful wooden room with a comfy looking bed and furniture. I sat down on the bed and took off my cloak, putting it on a chair next to the bed. Right when I started to lay down, I immediately passed out of exhaustion.

(Eugene's pov)

Gotta say, the craziest few days of my life. But at least I would be getting something out of it. I walked out of my room when I got comfortable and hung out at the bar where dante seemed to be the tender of. Jack joined me and sat down next to me. "Y/n's passed out." He chuckled, ordering a drink. "Not surprised." I say as I ordered one of my own drinks. "This whole Empire is going to be frozen, this ice is moving fast." I groaned in annoyance as i had all of this on my plate but at least I was gonna be getting 10,000 gold out of all of this in the end. Dante looked at us and joined in on the conversation. "Is it coming here?" He asked worriedly as he cleaned a few glass cups. "It is. It's spreading quick so I recommend staying inside. Prince Kenji will be coming here as well, he's tracking y/n as we speak." I say and down another drink, slamming it on the counter and ordered another. "Slow down buddy, no need to be getting tipsy." Jack eased but I chuckled in response, shaking my head. "I'm just getting started. I ain't gonna be getting drunk. Even though y/n is asleep, I'm on duty." Saying that rose a question of jacks own. "Are you really a knight?" Jack asked which I looked at him and sighed softly. "I'm an old royal assassin who takes jobs of escort of assassination. This will probably be the most long job I've ever had." I grumbled and downed another drink. "Well your welcome to stay as long as you like. It's on the house." Dante announced with a smile on his face, he seemed to be a feline creature of sorts. Catfolk. I don't mind them though, they just cause more trouble then the average person, but dante didn't seem like that.
"Where did aliza go?" Jack asked him as he took a sip of water after he drank a whole cup of alcohol. "Tending to the garden in the back." He answered as he cleaned another glass and put them away.
We've been around the bar for a few, I've been on my guard and listening close. The village was small so i wouldn't be surprised if I heard them outside coming in.
This girl is gonna take me on a journey isn't she?

Dante

Aliza(not my character)

Aliza
(not my character)

Aliza(not my character)

ART IS NOT MINE!!!