Episode 26

(Y/n's pov)

The morning had come and the winds were carrying stronger. I got out of bed and the maids chose my fit for the day and I wondered where my cloak went that red's grandmother gave me. I hope I can find it before we leave. I walking out of the bedroom I see Jack walking out of his room as well, looking at me and running towards me. "Y/n! Me and yoolie are really getting it on!" I grinned when he said this and hopped up and down. "Tell me everything." He explained how yoolie would blush at his flirtatious remarks and would flirt back to him. "Does she feel things for me as well?" He asks me but more to himself. I punched his shoulder gently and scoffed. "You sir are doubting it and you shouldn't. She does." We got to the dining hall to see food was set and ready yet yoolie wasn't there instead a note was at her spot. Me and Jack looked at each other with confused looks on our faces and we walked up to the spot, picking up the note beginning to read that she left to the grand palace. The place being where all emperors and the emperor of emperors being the overlords gather to talk about what they can do better, talk about new laws to pass through out the lands, talk about the problems and how to fix them. It explains that she left to go figure more options except closing down the borders for people trying to leave. Even though at this point with this chaotic and raging winter that might be her only option. We both shrug and sit at the table and eat the breakfast served for us, Eugene soon came in, all robes were on and he sat down next to Jack and ate with us. "Yoolie really is taking a liking to you hm?" Eugene teased with a smirk as he takes a bite of eggs. Jack blushed brightly and just shakes his head with a chuckle and takes a bite of food. "Maybe." I rolled my eyes at Jack and looked him dead in the eyes. "She likes you, if you're telling me that she doesn't, I'm going to smack you upside the head with a branch outside." I say which makes him laugh in response and continued to eat. When we were done we decided to burn that food off and train, me and eugene of course.
We picked up practice swords and we started to fence each other tamely, taking his anger advice and keeping that suppressed so I don't accidently hurt someone.
Jack was just working out to burn off though along with watching us a few times before working out again. Our swords were clashing together and making that sharp noise. Pushing each other, spinning and dodging, blocking. He was showing me a few moves that would help like dodging while barely moving, spinning and swinging the sword for a more hard impact. When we were both pushed from each other, he picked up another sword and looked at me. He rushed me with both and I gasped, dodging the attacks as quick as I could, then blocking his blows. I ran from him then spotted one on the floor. I slid, grabbing the sword and standing up and blocking and attacking as best I could the swords clung together and pushed us off. He then kicked me down, the two swords fell from my hands and he put his foot on my chest and pointed his right sword at my throat. "When in doubt, use your foot to kick them down." He said, getting off and helping me up. "That looks tiring." Jack chuckled as he continued to work out, doing sit ups. "Its not of you get used to it." Eugene says and looked at me with a hum. "Want a break?" I shake my head and gripped the handles of the swords as I picked them both up. "Show me duel wielding."
That he did, showing my that one should be used for blocking and one for fighting. To also switch the roles of the swords. He taught me how it was useful to spin to get a more harmful impact on the attack.
After the practicing he suggested a break which i agreed. We then heard clapping and we turned around to see yoolie standing there smiling and clapping. "You're learning so much y/n." She said happily and stepped inside, looking at Jack, blushing but then bowed. Jack winked at her and bowed to her as well which i found so cute of them to do.
"May I test you're skills?" She asked me, taking hold of a long practice staff. "You know how to fight?" I asked curiously yet so shocked which made her laugh aloud. "Its the first thing you have to learn when you're and empress." Eugene nodded as he looked at me, bending down and whispering in my ear. "You want to?" He asked me, which made me blush as he whispered in my ear. "Yes you're majesty!" I bowed and she chuckled, raising her hand up stopping me there. "You should have you're break first." I shake my head and hold the swords in my hands in a fighting stance and a smirk on my face. "I don't need one, let's go." I say as I made her shocked at my challenging state. But she then nodded and took her stance on the other side of me. Everyone there stepped to the right side to watch us spar. "Lets go." She spins the staff in one hand and switching it to the other to warm up. The way she spun the iron staff was quick, painless, and smooth. It made me worried but I couldn't show her I was a little worried.
"Do I go first, do you go f-" I was cut off when she  started to rush me but I took a step back and blocked her staff from hitting me. She swept to the side and spun the staff to hit my neck but I blocked it with my elbow which I grunted in pain. I pushed her off and took my swords and my swords scratched against the iron and sparks flew as the weapons hit against each other. She used the staff to hit my side and kick the left sword out my hand. The sword slid across the floor to the other side and I had used my other sword to block her attacks as quick as I could but she was quicker then me which made me a little annoyed. "Be quicker." Just her saying that made me angry. "I am quick." But when I said that, she blew the sword out of my hand and kicked me to the floor, her foot on my chest and the staff by my head. "Don't get cocky either." She says and gets off my chest, when she did I grabbed the two swords. Yoolie was walking away from me slowly and I the rushed her from behind to attack but she blocked both my blows and spun the staff with one hand and spun it around her body. Yoolie then hit my leg, making me angrier and more annoyed that she was basically beating me. "Don't get angry y/n!" Eugene reminded, I take the swords and they clash with her weapon as they were being blocked by one another. Me being annoyed I was going harder and harder with my attacks, which yoolie was turning a little shocked from it. "Y/n calm down!" I swung at her head but she ducked in dodge, I tried to bring the swords down upon her but she held her staff across her like a line to block them both. Yoolie spun the staff, hit my hip, hit my arm, then my leg and hitting the swords out from my hands with both ends and kicking me down. Staff by my head once again and I was out of breath. "Yoolie I'm so sorry." I apologized but she helped me up and looked at me with a soft smile. "Its okay, but do not get angry. Its the worst thing you can do when in a fight. Anger is you're worst enemy then you're enemy themselves. It blinds you and you lose that control you have. When you lose it, they have already won." I nodded, taking her advice and shaking her hand. "Now how about we go freshen up. I have much to discuss with you guys." With that we walked to our rooms, changed clothes and walked to the throne room to see yoolie looking out the window with her hands behind her back. Watching the winds were stronger then ever. I wonder if hero and Sam were okay. "Are our horses okay?" I asked worriedly and yoolie turned around and nodded. "They're in and indoor stable, they're kept warm by a nice fire and fed well." She  says which I sighed in relief and bowed to her. "I've called you three in to discuss the matter at hand." We've discussed so much I didn't think we would have anything else to talk about. Though she went to the grand palace so there must be more. "The overlord believes the boarder should be closed, as we all know. I'm just here to update, I'm currently in a rush to get the king of dyrium on our side to fight along side us. So you three might want to leave later tonight." She said this and all I could think was i knew it. We had to leave as soon as possible. "Should we pack now?" I asked and she nodded, walking towards me and putting her hand on my shoulder. "Stay strong, you three go. We will pack you each food and warm clothes." With that we were sent off to pack up with a bag to pack them up in. The sun slowly sets later.
Its only until then we were slowed down.