Episode 25

(Y/n's pov)

I have no idea what I'm doing, holding the handle of a large sword in my hand. Eugene and edwin stood there with their swords as well.
"What I believe we should start off with is just the simple basics of sword fighting." Edwin suggests as he flipped the sword in his hand, Eugene nods in agreement. "I prefer dual weilding when it comes to weapons. It's the most useful when blocking attacks with your other weapon." Eugene states and edwin agrees and holds the sword up. "Now, hold your sword up and your other hand up. Knees bent, your feet need to be quick." Edwin explained and I just nodded along with that he was saying then he suddenly came at me and swung his sword and in a panic I took a step back to the side and looked at the blade that could have killed me if I didn't move. "Good, dodging attacks are always good." Edwin says then takes another swing at me and I quickly dodge his attack in fear even though he wasn't going to hurt me but I didn't know that. He looked at me with a stern look and put his sword in his holder by the side of his hip. "Y/n, even if dodging is a good tactic, you must fight back. You don't want to seem weak." He was right, I can't just dodge and not fight back, I have no fighting experience. My father told me that I am a lady and shouldn't know how to handle a sword.
He swings one again and I fell back suddenly and hit my back on the floor with a grunt. Eugene came and helped me up, edwin stood there in a stance. "Never let you're guard down." I sighed and took my stance, looking him in the eyes and looking at his body movement to see where his next move will be. He then rushes me with the sword and I blocked his sword with my own, pushing him off stumbling myself. Edwin grunted and ran right at me and I dodged my falling right side on the floor, my sword fell and slid half way on the floor. "See this situation...?" He asked as he stepped in front of my line of sight, pointing at the sword all the way across the room. "This isn't a situation you want to be in when you dodged. Sometimes dodging betrays you." I stand up and he hands the handle of the sword to me.
The training continues as such, me stumbling back and falling around, trying to attack him but I end up failing. Being pushed to my back a
Hours of training and we decide to have lunch in the dining hall joining yoolie. We get there and I see Jack conversing with yoolie and they seem to actually be taking a liking to each other which made me smile. We sit at the table and we eat the lunch. Yoolie looked at me, "Have you learned much?" She asked and I responded with a nod and a smile. "Yes I have...can't say I'm any good yet." I tell her and edwin pitched in. "She's doing well but much to learn." Yoolie nodded with a smile and took a bite of her food. "The king of dyrium is being quite stubborn. He really doesn't want to help..." yoolie said sadly with a sigh and eating her food. "We will convince him. Whether or not it be his problem, it still involves terial." I state, feeling my own words crumble as I say them. Maybe he just didn't like damthril, we never spoke to each other. I heard it was a new king, I mean he was the new king for many many years. But I don't remember what had happened to the old king. I hear it was quite tragic.
"We are trying to get ahold of his spouse as well, but not quite sure who they are yet." Yoolie says also adding she had sent guards out to look for his spouse. "I wonder why he doesn't like us..." I mumbled but that question will never be answered once we get there. When I was done with my food we went back to the training room, continuing the hours of training. Continuing to mess up and make mistakes but it's all part of the learning process. I always feared a sword. Along with fighting. Being the princess I was taught to always fear the blade even though I could learn to hold it and fight for myself. I hate being dependant on someone else. I wish I had my brother along side me, he would tell me everything would be okay. I always felt he was never dead and it was a story that damthril made to keep him out. These thoughts slowed me down during training after hours. "This should conclude our training." Edwin says which I nod and I leave the training room to my own room to rest.
When I was asleep I slipped into a dream state, seeing my brown haired brother that very night shacking up with another man. He seemed so in love with the other man until my father barged in and caught him. They fought with rage until the other man had stabbed my father and jumped out the window hand in hand.
"B/n?" I call out to him but he couldn't hear me of course it was a dream. He was running with the man as speeds I couldn't keep up with as the damthril guards, they're black shining armour reflected the moon. They were running with the cold wind against they're skin. "Where are they going?" I wondered as I followed them but the pursuit didn't last any longer when sudden everything started to go dark until I heard several voices I couldn't comprehend. But the last thing I ever heard was a scream. "B/N!" I sat up in bed and looked around, the room was dark with the moon light sneaking through the curtains of my window. What was that dream about? Is he safe? Is he okay?! Questions were spiralling through my mind and made me even more scared for him. Realization hit me right then and there. I can't be scared anymore, I have to stand my ground and fight. That's what I'm going to do. I got out of bed and changed my sleepwear to training wear. I snuck out of my room and down the hall to the training room, it was really dark so I lit up the room with many many candles and so then I began the training on my own. I worked out intensely, working a sweat. My eyes were then drawn to a sword on the ground. I got up and took the handle firmly in my hand and began swinging and doing the moves I've learned from edwin. I was being as quick as I could until my sword clashed with another. In a panic I turned around and saw Eugene was fighting me.
"Again." He says simply and I rushed him with the sword and we both were blocking each other's attacks. I was pushing forward while eugene was stepping backwards. Our swords then blocked at the same time, the sharp sound of the blades sliding against each other pierced my ears until it all stopped and I was on my bum tired.
"Again."
I stand up with a firm grip and took my stance until he rushed me and I blocked him, feeling the anger rush through me and I take that anger to fight. I pushed back and made him fall until I was on the floor as well, he had sweeped my legs out from under me. I grabbed the sword and got on top of him and held it to his throat. Eugene then flippes us over and he pinned me my hands and feet to the ground.
"Anger blinds you, it's not a fighting tactic." He stands up and extends a hand out towards me and helps me up. We both sit in chairs to take a break and he hands me some water. "How did you know I was here?" I asked as I take a sip of my water. "I followed you. I heard your door open so I followed." I chuckled and continued to drink water. "I also just want to help you get stronger. I can't protect you all the time." Eugene adds and drinks water of his own. He was a good guy to be around cause at least he wanted me to be better.
"When do you wanna leave?" I asked and he looked at me and shrugged. "We should probably go tomarrow night or the night after. We should stay longer then we should." He was also right again, we shouldn't stay for very long if we want to get to dyrium.
Why do you always have to be right?