Episode 10

(Y/n's pov)

As I'm walking through out the town with my eyes skimming around to find something that can sell something worth so much. They then locked on sally's gems. Perfect, there should be good worth of jewelry that could be worth much gold. I walked into the shop and saw no one inside but a girl with a smile on her face with beautiful blonde hair greeting me from behind the counter. "Hello miss!" I smiled at her in greeting, looking around at different jewelry. "What's your most expensive thing in this shop?" I asked her, she held her finger up and went to the back and grabbed a few cases. She came back out and put them on the counter. One was a gold diamond like necklace, the second one was a bracelet with a sapphire gem in the middle, and the last one was a pure ruby necklace. "The first one is a diamond necklace found in an ancient Dragon cave which is worth 8,000 gold and is selling at 9,000." Close to 10,000 but not 10,000. "The bracelet with a real sapphire gem in the middle was hand crafted by a wealthy woman who made it for her husband but later discovered he passed away, thinking it was bad luck she sold it for 4,000 and is being sold at a price of 1,000." Not even close to 10,000 but really sad backstory. It hurt my heart to hear. "This last one was a necklace found in the hand of a dead woman, pure ruby, people believed it to be crafted by the woman before she passed. It's worth 6,000 but is sold at 9,000." I sighed softly, looking at the three, the only one that seemed to stick out to being close to 10,000 gold was the diamond necklace. But the real question was how was i going to get it if I have no gold. The door opens and a man came inside, looking around the place. I turned around, this man had a good over his head and his hands in his pockets. "Hello! Looking for anything specific?" She asked the man but he didn't even look at her. She mumbled something under her breath and smiled at me. "What will it be?" I looked at her then at the diamond necklace. Leaning in closely to her ear with hope in my heart as I whisper to her. "Miss...I don't really have the gold with me. I need the diamond necklace, I'm the princess of damthril." She looks at me with sympathy but shakes her head at me which made me more and more disappointed and starting to lose hope. "I'm sorry, no gold, no purchase." This will be harder then I thought it would be. I looked at her sadly and nodded, looking at my feet. "Thank you anyway miss." I started walking towards the door, but as I'm trying to leave I heard the man yelling at the woman. I turned on my heel quickly with shock in my eyes. The man was holding a knife to her throat and demanding gold. "PUT THE GOLD IN THE BAG!" He shouted at her with impatience but she shook with fear and listened. Putting the gold in the bag and raised her hands up as tears rushed down her cheeks. She looked at me with pleading eyes that screamed help, he looked at me and furrowed his eye brows.
He broke the diamond necklace's case and threw the jewel at me. "Get out of here!" I caught the gem, obeying his command and rushed out of the shop as the guards were rushing inside. I looked at the necklace in my hands and smiled softly, it was such luck that happened. Too lucky I suppose. The guards were rushing inside. One grabbed my arm and looked at me. "Have you seen the thief?" Was i really going to tell? No, not after they actually helped me get what I really needed. "No I haven't..." I say to them, they nod and ran inside the shop and around the village trying to find the man. But it wasn't my problem I needed to show him the necklace that's worth almost 10,000 gold. Was I going to tell him the actual price? No. Will I regret it? Probably.
But i have to do what I have to do.

(Kenji's pov)

We've been riding for awhile, we stopped for a moment then look around. We spot a house the soldiers have already checked there was nothing. But she might have been through that house before. "Sir! tracks!" My royal assassin gets off his horse and touches the tracks which were horse tracks. "She took a horse sir." He informed as he stood up, getting back on his armored horse. My horse was also armored with blue armor. "Thank you, sora." He nodded and we all ran off north east of where the tracks go. My royal assassin is always by my side and holds a special power of his own. Sora is a handy weapon of have along side you when you're a Prince. He's highly trained by the best assassins in the whole empire, he has the instincts of a wolf. The speed of a cheetah. He kills on command and feels nothing. No empathy. Which is why I appreciate him. He does slow kills and quick kills, fights with warriors blood. Sora really is a handy weapon. As we ride in the direction we come up for a cross road, going in the direction of where the sign directed us to get to evanar. We're getting closer.

(Y/n's pov)

I walked back into the tavern to find that eugene sitting on a bar stool, drinking of course. I rolled my eyes, walking up from behind him, putting the necklace in front of him and sat right next to him on his left side. He cleared his throat, picking the necklace up and raising a brow. "I sad 10,000 gold, not a fucking necklace lady." He threw it right back at me and scoffed but I narrowed my eyes at him annoyed and angry. "This IS worth 10,000 gold. Take it or leave it." I tell him firmly he looks at me and takes the necklace, looking at it with eyes of focus. Skimming over it he noticed the gold and the diamond. I smile softly and he looked at me. "Are you kidding me?" He asked with a sharp brow up but I shake my head with the look of desperation. "Liar." He threw it right back at me and took a sip of liquor. I wasn't going down with out a fight. I slammed my hand on the counter and grabbed the collar of his shirt, the whole bar went quiet as he went wide eyed. "Look, I don't know what your deal is, but I'm not giving up! that necklace is worth 10,000 gold found in a dragon's cave! I deserve something in return do I not?" I gripped his shirt as he looked at me with a shocked expression. He growled before pushed me off, taking the necklace and putting it in a satchel on his right hip.
"Fine, I'll be your escort. I...Have to get stuff from my home. Follow me." He said with a growly tone in his voice as he walked out of the tavern. I followed him out to his home, walking down the road and stopping at a wooden house. Walking in, it looked cozy here. "Don't touch anything." He snapped but I just nod, just looking around the place. There was nice furniture, nice paintings, the kitchen was roomy and nice. I sat down, waiting for him to come out with what ever he had to get. I was glad to have finally gotten him to come and escort me. We needed to get out of here as soon as possible before kenji comes here and messes everything up.
A few minutes later he comes out with assassin like robes, gloves on with a mask covering his mouth and nose. He adjusted his sleeves as his boots clicked. Eugene put weapons on both sides of his hips, along with katanas on his back. I wasn't expecting this at all, seeing someone so prepared. "If that kenji Prince comes at you..." he handed me a dagger, the handle pointing at me. "You use this. Let's go." I nodded as i took hold of the handle, looking at it. I put the dagger in my pocket and grip my basket full of food that red's grandmother packed me. I'm so appreciative of them both to have provided me with the things i need. "Where do you need to go?" Eugene asked as he opened the door and leaving his house. I actually had no Idea where I was going, I haven't really gotten there yet but I couldn't just say nowhere or anywhere. Having to think of somewhere to go, I decided we needed to get far away from damthril as possible. "Anywhere far from damthril." I respond which he just sighs and nods. We start walking to the gates to leave and get hero and maybe he had a horse of his own as well. But the sound of running horses sang in my ears. The gates open, to see none other then kenji with soldiers behind him and his royal assassin beside him. "We have to go now." I say quickly to eugene, grabbing his arm swiftly. He looked at me then at kenji who locked eyes with us and smirked.
"My dear y/n! Thank heavens I found you my love!"