Episode 22

(Eugene's pov)

Walking into the main room, y/n was resting in one of the guest rooms with guards on either side of the door. The maids were taking good care of her and giving her the right medicine she needed. Empress yoolie was standing by the giant window looking out at the snow storm in front of her which seemed to be getting worse as the winds were growing more loud.
"I can't see myself surviving a day out there. How did you do it?" She asked as she turned around slowly, Jack came in right behind me and stood beside me. "Its about speed. Beating the storm before it got to us. But as you can see, we've gotten slow. Kenji is strong." Yoolie turned around and looked at us and smiled softly. "I'm just glad we found you three. The princess is safe now." We nodded, she gestured to a few chairs and we all sat around a table together with maids rushing and pouring us green tea.
"Where were you originally going to go?" She asked us which I shrugged and looked at Jack who looked at me. "Originally to the border, but y/n wants to fix the mess she believed she made." I sighed and sipped the tea they made with the shake of my head as i took tiny sips and set the glass down and yoolie raised a brow as she set her glass down and stared at us. "Well I don't blame her. She wants to fix it, wouldn't you guys want to fix all of this?" That was a tough question to answer for me but Jack seemed to answer it with a nod and a slight chuckle but I shrugged. "I'll only make choices that help me survive." But with that answer and the circumstances it seemed to fall apart as I said it. "By running away from something? That will never seem to be fixed?" She trapped me, I couldn't really answer it. Just seems like it would crumble if I said anything.
"Look, kenji is just as much if a danger to me as he is to you." Me and Jack tilted our heads. "Why? What's happened?" Jack asked her with concern and yoolie sighed, looking at her tea cup. "He's threatened to strike me down as empress." Now that was a real issue, threatening an empress you'll kill her and take her place is treason. "What will you Do?!" Jack asked with panic rising in his voice as his eyes widened more and more with fear. Yoolie only chuckled and looked at him with gentle eyes. "I'm thinking of that, right now, Your problem is more important. But I want to talk to you guys collectively with y/n in the morning at breakfast." She says but I don't see how she sees her fall as any lesser problem then ours as for we are running from the problem which is kenji. But I couldn't object since we were excused from the room and sent to our guest rooms to rest.
I couldn't rest with my wild thoughts spiralling around. I've never been in such a situation such as this, but as long as I'm getting something out of it in the end. I'll be by y/n's side until then.

(Y/n's pov)

I wake up in a comfy giant bed that made me smile, making me feeling like i was back home. I stretched and felt better then I did before, I looked to the side and saw maids tidying the room up. Then noticed I was awake and one rushed to my side and checked my forehead. "You've cooled down which is good. Here, some soup requested by the empress for you to eat." I take the bowl from her hands and smiled at her with appreciation. As I'm eating I then realize what she said. "Wait, empress yoolie?!" She nods with a smile and bows, leaving the room with the other maids who gave me privacy. I was in the palace with empress yoolie herself...no wonder this felt familiar. Royalty, soft, and giant bed. No wonder I felt like I was at home. It had the welcoming type feeling to it.
I ate all the soup in the bowl which oddly enough I felt as better thenni did before. But I wouldn't doubt I would have any other side affects from the illness I had.
I get out of bed and walked to the door and turned the knob, pulling the door open to see the bright hallway and a butler jumping, startled by the door.
"Oh, your highness! I was just coming to get you. Come, this way!" I shut the door behind me and followed after him down these long hallways, the butler stopped at giant double doors and opened them to see a very large and elegant dining hall with empress yoolie eating with what looked to be eugene and Jack. She looked up from her platter and stretched a smile ear to ear. "Good morning princess! Please have your seat!" She gestured to one next to her, eugene snapped his head up and towards me and nodded at me and Jack smiled at me gently and waved. I waved back and smiled at him, thanking him silently for being with me last night in the inn room. I sat down at the seat yoolie gestured for me to sit down in and the butler who led me here put a breakfast platter in front of me. I thank him and ate the delicious bacon and eggs with a glass of milk. Jack seemed to be eating like a pig though, digging into the platter. Yoolie glanced up and down at him and cleared her throat which made him look up with embarrassment.
"Please Jack, manners." I say with a slight giggle leaving my lips and he nodded, wiping his mouth with a napkin. Blushing slightly as yoolie looked at him which i found so adorable as I remember he has a crush on the empress.
"So y/n, how was your sleep?" Yoolie asked with a small smile as she looked at me and cut at her omlet. "Better sleep I've gotten in awhile." I sighed and looked at my platter and ate the breakfast slowly to appreciate every royal and golden flavor that I won't experience in a long time. Or again.
"Good, how are you feeling of that sickness?" She asked and I nodded. "Better, what was in that soup the maids gave me?" I asked her which she answered with, "a healing property potion that can kill germs within the body thats been a threat." No wonder I've been feeling better so quickly, there was a potion in it. Of course her palace has the best of the best chemists in the whole Empire. Or in the entire world even.
"Tell the chemists I thank them." I tell her which she nods and waves off a butler who I assume will take off with that message to the chemists. "I heard you're story, quite a journey you've been on." I nodded with a nervous chuckle and eat the rest of the bacon. "I've met many people along the way. A lot of help these two have been." Eugene nods and Jack smiled at me and glanced at yoolie to see what she will say. "Well they both have gained my gratitude." Noticing Jack was a blushing mess, I was trying the hold back a snicker and looking at eugene he seemed to be smirking to himself as he noticed this as well. "Say, where are you all heading off to once you feel like you've stayed long enough?" She asks us but I looked at eugene who looked at me and then at her and  cleared his throat and laced his fingers together. "Not sure at the moment. Hoping to the border still." He glanced at me causing me to frown in response. "But hoping that's not our only option." I counter but he glared softly at me and tapped his finger on his fist that he folded tightly. "Well I'll gladly help you guys get there. But that someday might not be your option." I raised a brow in confusion and Eugene snapped his head to her in a panic. "Why?" I asked her and she looked at me with her eyebrows up. "The overlord is asking of me to close off the borders." Eugene furrowed his eyebrows and yoolie pointed at him. "That's the reaction I'm afraid of." Yoolie says which eugene seems to slump down slightly and he sighed. "Your afraid of public outrage?" Jack asked curiously as he tilted his head and rested his head in his palm. "Yes, it will outrage people who are trying to come in, and people who are trying to get out. I'm hoping it will never come to that..." She sighed sadly. Yoolie seems sad because that might be her only option that she has and that overlord might be right. But also, there might be a chance for me to fix everything.
Breakfast seemed to be over at that point and the maids took our platters and left with them.
"Take a walk around and clear you're minds. I'll call you guys in my throne room to discuss more."
With that, we left the dining all and I left to walk around to be alone with me own thoughts.