Episode 23

(Y/n's pov)

I was in my room, looking out the window and seeing the snow storm only getting worse and by the second I couldn't see anything at all further from this palace itself.
I heard the door open and footsteps towards me and I felt an arm around me. "I get the feeling." Hearing jacks voice as he looked down at me and out the window. I looked up at him and saw him sigh. "The feeling it's your fault." I hummed and looked out the window. "But sometimes it's not all your fault. Ya didn't mean for it to come this way, ya just wanted an escape." Jack says and I rested my head on his shoulder and put my arm around him as well. "Ya gotta be a little selfish ya know?" He smiles down at me and chuckled and I chuckled along with him. Then i stopped. "It sucks being selfish..." I say gently as I'm looking out at the snow plains that were fogged by the strong winds of the storm. "It does suck." I looked at him with concern and with my eyes becoming glossy with tears. "Will it ever be okay?" He looked at me and wrapped his arms around me tightly which caused me to instinctively wrap my arms around him too in a hug for comfort. "It won't always be this way. There's always a sunny day at the end of the storm." He says softly in my ear as he rubs my back gently and soothes me as I try not to start sobbing into his chest like a baby. But this was all my fault and k can't help but feel a bad kind of selfish about this when this is all happening.
"That sunny day is taking too long." I joke, trying to lighten the mood and he chuckled as he pulled away, looking me in the eyes and wiped the tears away and put my hair strands behind me. "That sunny day is just gonna have to wait until we can find a way to bring those days back." I enjoy how he said we, it felt like it was a team. I was getting help that I needed and no way was i going to be able to fix ALL of this by myself.
"Thank you for tagging along. I appreciate your help." I said and he smiled right back and me and nodded. "No problem. Alright now that I helped you, ya gotta help me now." I laughed as he said this and I folded my arms with a raised brow somewhat knowing what he was about to say. "Is this about empress yoolie?" I asked curiously and half knowingly and he blushed a bright red and looked away as he scratched the back of his head with a slight grin. "Maybe~" I giggled slightly and put a hand on his shoulder and strong fist up to symbolize team work and strength. "I got your back! Now this is how you impress a person of royalty."
We go through a long talk about how to impress a person of royalty and how to make them fall for one's charm. He seems to have gotten what I was saying but it seems somewhat....odd. But we will work on it. "Alright, here's your test. When you see a princess walking by, what do you Do?" I asked him and do the practice strut by and he takes a bow. "M'lady, may i say you look stunning today." I fan my face with my hand and smiled at him. "Why thank You!" I bow to him as well and walked by and past him. "Did I do good?" He asked and looked at his feet and I chuckled softly. "You did great, just make her feel special. You'll do great. Don't mess up and you'll be find." I pat his shoulder and he just gave me a tight hug in return. "Thank you, you're making my dreams come true right now." I hugged him back tightly as well and smiled, rubbing his back a little. "Its What friends do." As we were hugging I notice someone standing at the door, when my eyes finally caught on who ever it was I noticed it was Eugene standing there with folded arms and leaning against the wall just watching.
"Creeping over there aren't ya eugene." I called him out and he hummed, shrugging slightly and me and Jack pulled away from the hug laughing. "Does little eugene wanna hug too?" Jack teased and opened his arms in a welcoming hug but eugene shakes his head and stood up straight. "No, I've come to remind you both that we have to be at the throne room tonight. She wants us to rest for right now and for you, y/n especially to eat some more soup. The maid will be in here with it ready to eat." Me and Jack nodded and Jack saluted to me a farewell back to his room but before he left he looked at Eugene and hugged him quick and ran down the hall before eugene could hurt him. Eugene groaned and rolled his eyes and looked at me. "Be sure to get good rest okay princess? I'm not sure when we will be leaving. Sleep while you can." He says gently and I nodded with a bow and he bows to me before leaving but before i let him leave i said.
"Thank you eugene, for helping."
"No troubles."
When I took my rest I was sleeping for a number of hours until I woken from my slumber by jack gently who was whispering in my ear and telling me to wake up. "Wake up y/n, we have to go to the throne room." I groaned softly and replied with a nod, getting out of bed and letting the maid tidy up my hair. When my hair was ready, I got up and walked out of the room with Jack and met with eugene who was walking there himself as well.
"Remember what I taught you." I whisper to Jack and he nods at me and takes a deep breath in and out.
When we got to the doors of the throne room the guards opened them and led us inside and we saw the empress sitting on her big throne and drinking tea as she wore her beautiful crown. Yoolie looked up and gave the maid her tea cup and sat up straight and looked down upon us with an intimidating stare. This was a moment where it gets serious.
"M'lady, you look lovely this fine night." Jack says as he takes a bow, I take my bow and so does Eugene who looked at Jack weirdly and looked up at yoolie and so did I. She didn't seem fazed by the slight flirting.
"Princess y/n Please stand up." I arise like she said from my bow and looked at her with a confident stance and gaze. 'Not even a thank you.' I hear Jack mumble which almost made me break out into laughter but I kept my composure. I wasn't trying to laugh at him, it was just such a good moment.
"Princess we know the whole situation and we know the insane rogue kenji is after you..." She says which I nod in response and let her keep going. "I've been at the great palace where the overlord stays and we've spoken of ways to fix the mess that has been made..." She continues. "Now I've come to the conclusion that maybe the kingdom they've been fighting against can help the problem and warm up the empire a bit..." I see where it's going and my eyes light a bit. "Now hold on princess, before you get your hopes up. Let me finish." I nodded and wait for her to continue. "I've sent a letter to the king and asked to help with the storm and the fight. Maybe end the war collectively....He declined the request." I felt offended and hurt by this sudden news and my eyebrows furrowed in anger. "Why?!" She sighed and looked at me with a stern gaze. "He believes this isn't his fight. If it has nothing to do with him and his kingdom and that it's not a stunt, then it's not his problem." Yoolie says and stood up and walked down the steps that led to her throne. "But I just...I don't understand! This is the whole empires problem! This isn't just mine." I say in a panicked down and Jack stands up, putting a comforting hand on my shoulder. Eugene slowly stood up and looked at me and then back at yoolie. "I know it's a tough time right now. But I know someone who can convince the king." I quickly looked up at her and my eyes brightened with hope and widened with shock. "Who?!" I asked and she smiled and me, patting my head softly and nodding. I'm speechless by that delecate answer. "Me? But how?" I asked her and she looked at Eugene and at Jack then at me. "I trust this strong group. If you can convince the king to do us this deed, you will forever be hero's." I smiled and looked at Jack and he smiled at me and put a fist on his chest. "I'm in." He says and I put my fist over my chest as well. Now the decision lies on eugene, with hope in my heart I looked at him and he seemed to be having an annoyed look on his face and shocked eyes. "Really?!" His tone had shock and he folded his arms and grunted in annoyance. "Are you both serious?" Me and Jack put and arm around each other and looked at each other and smiled. Yoolie giggled and joined in on the link, standing next to Jack which made him blush like a tomato.
"C'mon eugene." I held out a hand towards him and he looked at my hand, he rolled his eyes and unfolded his arms and took my hand with his loosely. "I better be getting paid more for this." He groaned and I jumped up and down, squealing like a pig and I wrapped my arms around him and he tried to push me away.
I finally let go and he took a deep breath and brushed himself off.
"You will leave when you believe the time is right." Yoolie bowed and gestured to the door. "You're all dismissed." She says but I nudged Jack a little and he jumoed and looked at yoolie and bowed. "Uhm-I'll see you..t..tomarrow m'lady." Yoolie just smiles and waves, letting us leave the throne room and I looked at Jack and laughed gently. "What was all of that?!" I asked and Jack pushed me gently. "Shush! I got nervous!" We both laughed together as we walked down the hall but I notice Eugene walking off in another direction.
"Hey eugene!" He turned around and put his arms behind his back. "Have a good night." I bowed kindly and he bowed to me as well and saluted a farewell and went to the direction of his room.
"Have a goodnight princess." Jack bowed and I bowed as well with a smile. "Rest well jack." With that we went our separate ways and I went to my room and shut the door.