Episode 34

(Y/n's pov)

In the distance, there was a shadow like building. It was giant. "Is that it?!" I yelled and eugene looked up and put his hands up. "Yes!" We started to cheer together, we found the kingdom! We continued on and it looked like the snow wasn't even touching it. Absolutely not snow on the castle, not even on the borders. We got to the gate and saw red armoured soldiers.
"State your business!" The soldier yelled and I called out to them. "I'm the princess of damthril! Princess y/n!" I shouted and they laughed at me. "Yeah right! There are already people trying to pretend to be y/n!" They didn't believe me at all. Eugene seemed annoyed and so did Jack. "She is the princess dipshit!" Eugene yelled angrily and the soldiers still did not let us in. "Bring out the king!" I shouted and they refused. "Please! You have to believe me!" I begged when suddenly they were called to attention. A few minutes go by and the gates suddenly open and welcome us inside. We walked through and it felt so warm in the kingdom. Almost as if it were spring again! It felt so nice. We strolled through and people eyed us weirdly and I got off Sam, the horsemen took Sam to the stables and i walked along Eugene and Jack. Eugene walked perfectly fine now after not having to deal with the wind. We started to walk to the castle and suddenly soldiers stopped us. "What is your buisness with the king." They asked cautiously. "We need him to unfreeze this winter." They looked at us and looked at the people who seemed completely shocked. "He can unfreeze the winter?" A woman asked as she held a sleeping baby in her arms. I nodded then looked at the guards and he put his fist on his chest. "Good luck m'lady, this way." We followed the guard to the castle and in front of us was the door to the castle. He opened the door and we strolled inside and up the steps. "Wait here miss." He said and he opened the door to the throne room. We waited there for a few minutes until the door opened with the guard nodding and letting us inside. There the king was, sitting on his throne and drinking red wine. Eugene was on my right side and Jack was to my left and we all kneeled down before the king.
"Y/n..." the king said and got up from his throne. I looked up at him, seeing an eye patch on his eye. "King of dyrium we need your help." I tell him, standing up and looking up at him. Eugene and Jack stood up with me. I then noticed there was another man sitting in a throne next to his. "For what?" He asked boldly as he had his hands behind his back. "Unfreeze the land." He then turned back around but I put my hand on his shoulder. "Y/n I can't...this isn't my fight." I turned him around and looked him deep in his eyes. "Please! Your our only hope!" I begged with my hands clasped together pleading for his help.
"Damthril...they can handle it on their own." He grumbled as he tried to go back to his throne. The man on the throne stood up and walked forward and stood in front of him. "Wouldn't you want to help family?" He asked him and I got confused as to why he would ask him that. "What do you mean by that sir?" I asked and the man looked at me and smiled sweetly. "Oh you do not know?" He asks and the king sighed, turning around and looking at me. "Y/n...It's me." My heart stopped as I looked at the king with confusion. "B/n." He says and as I'm looking at him, my heart sunk to my stomach as I'm looking at a grown man, my brother. "B/n..." I wrapped my arms around him tightly in a hug and he hugs me back too. "I missed you." He whispered in my ear and tightly hugged me. "I thought you were dead!" I cried in his shoulder and hugged him tighter. "I'm sorry..." He said and rubbed my back comfortingly. I pulled away and looked at him. "I need an explanation." I say and he chuckled. "Let's go to the dining hall and we can talk about it." We all agreed to go to the dining hall. Dinner was made and we started to talk about what had happened to b/n.

"When me and ren were running as far away from damthril as possible, we stumbled across dyrium. Which considering thats pretty far running here. When we got here, the king helped us out, giving us shelter and food. We were treated well here by this kind king. This was during the time when terial and dyrium were REALLY at war and truly hated each other. We stayed here for awhile and ended up living here. I worked for the king, being the butler until i told him I could be his royal assassin. Going through the nessicary training even though I've had enough. When going through all that, I was told that father had trained me the wrong way and not teaching me ways to control myself. Which is the number was rule of being an assassin was control. Or at least being a royal assassin it was. I worked with him for a few years and we t
Became close. He taught me how to use fire magic so that I can really protect dyrium from attacks. But suddenly, we were under attack by terial. The king sadly had been hit straight in the heart by ice magic. It was irreversible. I held him in my arms and since he had not have any children or a queen to pass the crown on to, he trusted me with his kingdom, and passed it down to me. From then on, me and ren were ruling dyrium together. I swore on my life i would never interfere with damthril again. Even if you were queen, I thought it was best to leave the past behind. For years I've felt like I've failed to protect you, It still hurts me to this day."

After hearing this story, it broke my heart in two. "You didn't fail, you tried your best." He shakes his head and looked at me but I had no words to make him feel better. I didn't want him to feel like he failed at all but I couldn't make it better even if I tried. It would crumble if I tried to explain it. "I'm sorry..." i say and he looked at me with a raised brow. "The only one that has to apologize is me. I abandoned you." He tells me and I put my hand on his hand. "Hey, don't worry about it. Its in the past." I tell him with a smile, he just smiles back at me. We continue to eat until we were all done and we went back to the throne room. "B/n, this winter has gotten worse. Yoolie says you have to help us." I begged and he looked out the window. "Its something you have to figure out. I can't..." I put my hand on his shoulder and look at him. "I can't help the people who hurt me. The man who tried to kill me!" He protested and he looked at his feet.
"Let the past be the past!" I say and he looked at me angrily. "I can't this time! He tried to kill me, thats unforgivable! Damthril needs to figure this out and stop being weak!" He shouted and turned around and I stood there completely shocked until I got angry too. "So you're calling ME weak?!" He turned around and folded his arms. "Not your directly, but the kingdom! This isn't my war! This is yours." He said and went back to his throne, ren looked at him and then at me. "B/n, this is your sister." He said, trying to help us out. "Ren, his isn't our war. This is hers." I walked to him and got in his face. "This is damthril! This was your home! I'm your family!" I shout at him and he looked at me sadly. "Y/n I can't. This storm is too strong for me to actually make a change." Eugene walked up to him and glared daggers.  "B/n We came all this way! This is mandatory, yoolie is ordering you to do it! You take orders!" B/n stands up straight and got in his face. "Its in my right to refuse!" B/n protested and looked at me. "Y/n, I'm sorry. You're on your own in this. Damthril is not my priority anymore." B/n looks at ren and then they take each other's hands. Ren looked at me with sympathy and went with him. "YOU'RE SO SELFISH B/N!" I shouted at him with tears in my eyes. He turned to me but said nothing and continued out of the throne room. Eugene suddenly went to the door and slammed it shut, leaving the castle. Me and Jack look at each other and we chased after him.