ch. 1

Y/n POV:

I had just woke up to my dad calling my name.

"Y/n! Get down here! You need to go to school!"

I grumbled and changed into a casual outfit and walked downstairs. I grabbed a piece of toast and walked out the door without saying a word to my old man. I walked to my school with Zoro and took a seat. Some kids tried to talk to me on my way but after Zoro growled at them, they left me alone. I wasn't on speaking terms with my father. He had taken up an interest in an annoying green haired boy. The number one hero has time for some quirkless kid but not his only daughter.

After school was over, Zoro and I went on a walk. We walked the streets of Japan until it got dark. I started to head back home. On my way, I saw father and the green haired boy training on a beach. I scoffed and walked home. It was dark out, my favorite time. I melted into the shadows and let my body be absorbed. I felt eyes on me. They were cold and intrigued. I continued walking paying them no mind.

Back at home, I went up to my room and layed on my bed. Zoro snuggled up next to me. I pulled out my phone and scrolled through it without purpose. My dad walked into my room and stumbled back when Zoro growled at him.

"Do you have to keep him around?" He asked

"Yup" I responded monotoniuosly while popping the 'p'.

He sighed. "The UA entrance exams are in a couple months."

I nodded my head.

"You know, I could train you and young midoria." He suggested

I shook my head and pet Zoro.

He sighed and walked out of my room. I flipped over onto my back and stared at the ceiling. After a couple hours, I was sure dad was asleep. I got up and called Zoro. I opened my window and looked around for any people before jumping down. My room was on the second story so I placed an old mattress on the ground under my window. I jumped down and Zoro followed me. I was wearing a baggy navy blue hoodie with the hood up to cover my face.

I walked with Zoro in the shadows until I came to an alleyway. I turned down it and saw a man at the end. I walked towards him and saw that he was very drunk. He had a half empty bottle in his hand and slurred his words when he spoke to me.

"Why, ello pretty lady! Whatcha, what ya doin outta ere?"

I sighed at him and turned to leave. He grabbed my shoulder and I spun around to face him. He tried to lean over and kiss me but I kicked him away. I used a a shadow to wrap around him and strangle the life out of him. I picked up his bottle and smelled it. Tequila.

"Drunk bastard. Drank to much and died." I stated while taking a sip of the alcohol.

I felt a pair of eyes on me. I spun around but found no one.

"Zoro, catch." I demanded and Zoro's form slipped through the shadows in pursuit of the person who saw me kill a man.

I followed Zoro's direction drinking the tequila until I saw a man with black spiky hair and a patchwork face. I took another sip of tequila and stepped closer. He was calm with half lifted eyes like mine but he was caught in Zoro's shadow.

"Aren't you a little young to be drinking that?" He asked Cooly

"Maybe." You said while shrugging

He laughed slightly.

"Who are you." You said taking another sip

"That depends on who you are."

You clenched your fist and the shadow tightened around him, choking him.

"Who are you?" You asked again

He chuckled and gave you a smirk. "Dabi." He stated

"Dabi? Huh, whatever." You shrugged his wierd name off. " You a hero dabi?"

"Nope."

"Gonna tell the police what I did?" You took another sip of alcohol

"Not if you keep your mouth shut about me." He smirked

You smirked right back. "Fine. Zoro, release." In moments Zoro was back by your side.

Dabi stood up and you took another drink before throwing the almost empty bottle at him.

"See ya dabi." You said slipping back into the shadows and making your way back home.

You climbed back in through your window and went to sleep.