(9) Hospital

"I hate hospitals." Kimberly sighed "I spent enough time in them as is."

"You put me here, I didn't ask to be here." Lisa grumbled in a huff.

"Well if you listened to Dani and went to the doctors weeks ago you wouldnt be in this situation. Now drink your tea, im going for a piss, Robert and the kids will be here to see you soon." Kimberly took her phone from her jean pocket along with her keys and placed them on the hospital table before leaving.

Kimberly had paid for lisa to have a private room as she didnt cope well with being outside the comfort of her own home meaning they had privacy when the doctors or nurses aren't around. Not long after Kimberly left to the toilet Robert arrived with Jenkin and Arabella. "Hello, Lisa." Robert greeted with a small smile.

"Hi, Gran." Jenkin and Arabella smiled, moving round to take a seat besides their grandmother and have a chat while Robert looked through Lisa's observation book to see how she was doing so far.

"Hiya, Having fun back here?" Lisa spoke to the children before taking a sip of her tea.

"It's okay, not as hot as the island though." Jenkin smiled and nodded. He moved from the edge of the hospital bed to a faux leather seat just besides it.

"Why're you in hospital, Nan?" Arabella spoke from nowhere.

"Your mother made me come here and-"

"Your grandma isnt very well at the moment, sweetheart, she just refuses to admit it." Robert closed the small book of information and took a seat on another chair similar to the one Jenkin was sitting on.

"And Mumma told Nana she had to come here?" Lisa didn't answer her great-granddaughter's questions, she simply waited for Robert to answer them.

"She did, just to make sure she get's better even faster."

"Oh, Hi." Kimberly shot her husband a small smile once she arrived back from the restroom. "Did you arrive okay?"

"Perfectly fine, I-"

"Are you going to die like Mumma's real mother?" Kimberly's eyes grew wide with her daughter's words. Lisa was silent, she didnt know what to say. Jenkin knew Pamela was his mother's step-mum and how Kimberly's biological mother had died when his mother was only young, but Kimberl'y hadn't told her daughter such information yet due to her young age. How does she know?

Kimberly decided she'd play it cool, while Lisa decided she'd stay silent. "What do you mean, babe?"

"You don't have a mother. Pam isn't your actual mother." Bells spoke nonchalantly.

"Well no, not by blood she isn't. How do you know that, Lovely?" Both Robert and Jenkin felt uncomftorable, they didnt know what to say.

"Caleb told me. I'm sorry your mummy died." Arabella hugged her mother who was still standing at the door to the room feeling rather shocked. Caleb didnt have the right to tell her daughter that information, it was Kimberly's job when the time was right.

"Well, your Nana raised me like she was my mother, so i do have a mother, don't feel sorry." Kimberly smiled at her daughter and grandmother.
-
"I am positively exhausted." Kimberly sighed and dived into bed. They were staying in a hotel while at Wales, they didnt want to fuss over the little things when all that was important was getting to Kim's family on such short notice. The room was split into two bedrooms and a living space too, the living space had a pull-out which Jenkin took so Arabella could have the comfier bed.

Kim had stripped down out of her clothing, only wearing underwear, too tired to even put pyjamas on. Robert was the next to get into bed after slipping on some pyjama trousers and taking a sip of water. "I wanted to ask, were you okay last night? You were tossing and turning for hours, you were grabbing me then pushing me away, whimpering and crying, you were talking about both Cole and Elijah in your sleep though i couldn't quite understand what you were saying, just caught the two names. Are your nightmares back, baby?"

Kimberly didn't want to tell Robert about her nightmare, she didn't know how he would react. She had an idea as to why she dreamt of what she did, but what if it became true? Kimberly had asked Elijah the same question previously as the one she had asked in her dream the previous night, and his answer was the same as the one he gave in her dream, except Robert Didn't know, and Kimberly was nervous for Robert to ever hear the answer. Robert had always been a man of territorial nature over his wife, and it did take a very long time for him to come to terms with Elijah calling Robert's love names such as 'gorgeous' and 'beautiful', so how would he feel if he ever found out that Elijah would marry the woman he had guarded for almost twenty years? Not good was Kimberly's guess. She decided to hide it from him, she'd pretend as if she couldn't remember the dream and she would pretend as if the whole conversation with Eijah never happened. Simple. "I don't remember, my love. Did i wake you last night?"

"Yes, but don't worry over it, eventually you were back to sleeping soundly and cuddling me as usual." Robert smiled and kissed the top of his wife's head.

She smiled.

"Are you sure you don't remember it? I don't want you feeling bad about it when you can just talk to me about it and i can try my hardest to help." Robert laid comfortably in bed and pulled the love of his life in close, trailing his large fingers up and down the bare skin of her back, something she had always found comforting.

"Nope, don't remember a single thing." She shook her messy head slightly causing strands of her hair to tickle Robert's neck.

"Well, if you have another tonight I'll still be her to comort you...Daddy will always be here." Robert grinned causing Kimberly to fall shy and giggle.

"Awh, is my babygirl getting all shy?" Rob lifted his submissive's chin to see a blush run acroos her cheeks making him smile more. "Absolutely adorable."