(30) Birthday

"I can't believe I get to see my family on my birthday!" Arabella jumped up and down in excitement. a little while ago Kimberly mentioned having her siblings, parents and Katie to come over to the island so she gets to see them on her birthday. she agreed that they could book the tickets and however much it cost Kimberly would transfer the money over to them so they could pay.

"Pa is waiting at the dock to let them in, they'll be here any minute now, Gorgeous." Kimberly was also excited, but she was more excited to see her daughter have fun on her birthday.

It was 6AM, usually Arabella would throw all of her bed pillows at you before she woke up if you even attempted to wake her up before 10AM on a weekend, but it was her birthday, her family were coming round, that being the whole family they've created over the years, as well as her grandparents from both sides of her family and her aunts and uncles. She had to get ready for her big day as did her family so an early morning it was.

Ari jumped out of her bed and ran a brush through her long hair before throwing it up into a ponytail, slipping into her slippers and rushing off out of her room. She repeatedly banged on her brothers bedroom door to wake him. "Jay! Jenkin! Our family are coming!" Then she finally rushed off down the stairs.

Kimberly stood in the hallway with a shocked expression on her face. Arabella never seemed this excited when her family came to visit. Maybe it was the excitement of her birthday all blending together. "Why? Just why?" Jenkin stood sleepily in the hall a little in front of his mother, itching his head.

"Awh, baby." Kimberly faked a sympathetic pout and hugged her son from the side, kissing the side of his head. "She wake you too early?"

"Yeah." Jenkin pouted.

"Come on, you can help me get started on breakfast." Kimberly took her sons wrist into her hand and pulled him to the staircase.

--

"How much longer will they be? I'm regretting waking up so early." Bella grumbled.

Jenkin's head shot around to his sister with a glare. "You don't say."

"Hey, its not my fault I was excited." She huffed, a small string that tangled in her face flying up and then back down again with each breath she took.

"Jay! Help me with the cases, please." Roberts voice could be heard from front entrance. Jenkin hopped up from his seat in the kitchen where his mother had just finished up making breakfast and rushed off to help his father with his family's suitcases.

Cases upon cases piled into the living room as Kimberly and Arabella made their way into the living room to greet their family. "I'm so happy you're here!" Ari squealed and practically jump at Grace.

"She's more excited to see us than you are." Grace laughed and squeezed her niece tight.

Arabella continued to go around giving her family tight hugs as they entered the Mitchell home until Robert walked in and pulled Kimberly aside. "Did you know?"

"Did I know what?" Kimberly asked confused.

"That P-"

"Hi, Kim." Kimberly span round to the familiar voice and her heart dropped.

She grabbed Arabella's hand probably a little too rough and pulled her to her side. "What're you doing here?"

"I wanted Parker to come." Katie then spoke up, feeling the tension in the room.

Kimberly glared at her friend, she felt betrayed. "Dad? You allowed this?" She looked to her father who had already taken a seat in the living room

"What was I supposed to-"

Kim cut her father off. "Yeah, no I'm sorry. you shouldn't have to do anything. I sometimes forget how old you are." It's true, she did. She sometimes forgot how her father wasn't the young, stubborn, harsh man anymore.

Parker stepped forward to Kimberly, Robert and Arabella. "Look, Kim, I know-"

Robert yanked his wife and daughter backwards, away from the man he hated the most. "No, you look." He began. "I don't want you here, My wife doesn't want you here and even if Dale won't admit it, I know he doesn't want you here."

"Why do you not like Parker?" He said you were best friends." Adrian spoke up in confusion.

"Mumma, what's wrong?" Arabella turned to look at her mother, worry in her eye.

"Mumma, if you want him gone, I'll get him gone." Jenkin then spoke up, also worried about whatever the situation was.

No one in that room except Dale, Robert, Kimberly, Katie and Parker knew what they were talking about. It was decided that the ones who found out would keep it to themselves, it wasn't worth getting other people angry over what was nothing in Kimberly's eyes.

"Oh, please don't make him go, mum. I want him and Katie to tell me stories of when you were my age." Bella pouted.

"And we'll do exactly that, that's if your Mum lets Parker stay." Katie looked to Arabella, then Kimberly. Katie knew exactly what she was doing, she was using Kim's daughter's happiness against her so she'd get her own way.

Kimberly let out a frustrated sigh. "Fine. But I want to talk to you two." she pointed at her childhood friends and led them both into her home office with Robert obviously following.

"Breakfast is in the kitchen." Jenkin tried to make things a little less awkward by getting his family to follow him into the large kitchen to stuff their faces -- something Kimberly's family enjoyed very much.

Robert shut the door and allowed Kimberly to talk. "Look, I know what you're doing and it isn't funny using Ari against me. You can stay but I swear if you do one thing out of order I won't make everyone be so nice to you. Understood?"

"I do. I'm honestly really sorry about it all. I am, I don't know what come over me that night." Parker sighed and shook his head.

"Just to make it clear, you will be having people watching you at all times, if it makes you uncomfortable you can leave." Robert added.

"Robert's mother and brother will be here soon and they don't know either, I don't want them getting suspicious so we will be pretending like were perfectly fine. End of." Kimberly spat in frustration then left the room, absolutely disgusted that Katie is still so close with such a man.