(36) Dead

Very graphic violence.

Robert unlocked his bedroom door, he did knock but after there was no answer he presumed his wife and daughter were asleep.

The two girls hadn't left the bedroom for hours. Admittedly, Ari was coping surprisingly well, it made Kim happy to see how strong her little girl was. They had used the intercom that lead to the kitchen to ask for Chinese food to be brought up the stairs and Robert brought up for them happily. They hadn't been heard from since.

Robert had been explaining to his mother all that Parker had done to both his daughter and Kimberly. To say she was mortified was an understatement. She asked where the man now was — or boy as she called him, she said no man would hurt a woman the way he had. Robert didn't tell her where he was, he simply said he had him sent home along with the rest of Kim's family.

Robert and Kimberly decided to keep her family in the dark once again, saying Katie and Parker became really ill so they're at the island hospital, and that something big had come up so it was best if they went back home.

Dale didn't say anything, but he had suspicions of what had happened, but what could he do? Instead he decided he'd leave it to Robert and  his eldest daughter to tell him what happened in a week or two.

Roberts eyes rested upon his two girls sleeping, Kim's arms were wrapped tightly around her daughter, she was half sitting up, laying on her back while her daughter laid with her head on her mother's stomach. By the looks of things they fell asleep while talking, but Robert didn't expect anything less. He hadn't slept since finding out what happened to his daughter, he imagined the mother of his children hadn't either.

"Gorgeous." Robert whispered to his wife. He stood close, attempting to wake her without waking his daughter. Kimberly's eyes began to flutter open, her left arm shooting out in attempts of hitting the person who was standing besides her. Roberts arm shot out to catch his wife's. "It's me."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Kim mumbled. "What's wrong?"

"Do you want to wake Bella and ask if she's ready to ask Parker the questions she had? He's a whining bastard down there so I doubt he'd be a prick to her at the moment." After some talking Arabella admitted she had a few questions she wanted to ask Parker, and after promising her they'd do anything to make her feel better, if asking questions was one of those ways then they would allow it.

Kim slowly nodded. "I'll ask her. I'll see you down there, okay?"

Robert kissed his wife's forehead, decided not to touch Arabella at all before he left. Arabella didn't have a problem with her father, not at all, but he didn't want to bombard her with attention, he didn't want to scare her into hating him. He wouldn't know what to do with himself of his own daughter hated him.

"Ari." Kim whispered. "Wanna wake up, baby girl?"

Arabella let out a soft whine before rolling herself onto her back and stretching out her limbs. "Is everything okay?"

"Everything's fine, sweetheart." Kim nodded. "Your father has just been up and said whenever you're ready, you can ask Parker your questions."

Her daughters eyes now seemed more alert. "I can?"

"You can."

"Right now?"

"If you wish."

"I want to right now." Arabella stood from her bed and reached for a large hoodie to cover a tank-top she was wearing. She pulled on slippers and waited eagerly for her mother to finish tying her hair into a bun.