(24) Test one

After a month or two of planning Ethan's test it was finally being put in place. The elders of the island family were all prepared, while all the children didn't have a clue.

"Right, so you're telling me that If Ethan puts Arabella's safety before his own then he's passed?" Kimberly's eyes are wide, brows furrowed in worry and confusion. She didn't like the sound of more tests, especially after her one years ago.

"Yes, if he wants to be head bodyguard he has to be prepared to risk his life for his boss." Elijah mentioned.

"Can't we warn him first? I feel bad just throwing the boy in the deep end." Savannah shook her head.

"He has to be able to work under pressure." Cole reminded with a shake of his head. "Okay, then let's get this started, shall we?" The blonde clapped his hands together and stood up straight. "Where are they now?"

"Jenkin is in the gym with Jackson." Robert made known.

"Ari is with Ethan, he's helping her with science homework." Elijah nodded.

Kimberly looked to Elijah. "Really?"

Elijah's brows furrowed at Kim's words. "Yeah. Didn't you know?"

Kimberly smiled and shook her head. "No. Such a sweet boy, giving up time with his friends to help Ari."

"Kim, you're getting off track." Cole snapped just fingers.

"I don't like your attitude." Kim crossed her arms over her chest and glared at Cole.

"I don't care. Concen-"

"Tone it down, Ramsey. You don't talk to her like that." Robert interrupted before looking down at the plan they all were crowded over.

"I'm here!" The door bust open causing Savannah to let a small squeal leave her lips.

"About time, Phillips. What could you have possibly been doing that you couldn't be here for?" Cole was angered by his late arrival. Cole has always taken tests seriously. Could you blame him? He was head of security, he made sure the people who worked for Robert were capable of keeping the main bosses safe. He couldn't possibly agree to the new head bodyguard being someone incapable of such job, even if he was soon to retire from the job.

"It doesn't concern you. Now, what am I doing?" Scott joined the people who surrounded the dark oak desk. Everyone was in Ramsey's office due to this being his operation. Robert didn't enjoy Cole being the one in charge. Especially after last time.

"Get crew F out front of Robert's home. Line them up, blanks are to be used, no real weapons. The idea is just to scare Ethan, no actual harm, okay? Rubber bullets, that stuff. Masks on, no faces to be recognised. Remember he-"

"He doesn't know it's only a test. We've been through this already." Scott nodded and began making his way to the door. "Give me an hour and we'll be sorted.

"You at the gym yet?" Savannah spoke into her headset. She was seated besides Cole who was watching over the cameras that had been set up around the Mitchell home. They were only temporary and all linked up to the security room that was connected to Cole's office.

"We're just outside." Robert spoke back through his earpiece. Elijah and himself had the simple task of making sure Jackson and Jenkin stayed in the gym that was luckily far away from the Mitchell house.

"Good." Savannah nodded. She turned to look at Kimberly who was jsut finishing up a phone call with their daughter.

"Yes love, we shouldn't be long. Just gotta sign some stuff over on the mainland, we'll be gone for around an hour... I love you, I'll see you soon." Kimberly ended the call and walked back over to where her two best friends sat and watched the monitor where her daughter could be seen sitting in the study room with Ethan.