Chapter 1

Yeji's POV

Hello! I'm Yeji. I am currently in my final semester in my law school. My high school's reunion will be held today. I couldn't wait for it and feels a little bit nervous as everyone was busy after graduating and it made we rarely meet each other. They are also doing really good in their careers meanwhile I am still a quite bit struggling in my studies. I am feeling some butterflies in my stomach as I am still hoping that I will have the chance to meet her.

Time flies and now I am with my fiancé who is intertwining her hand with mine, Julia who was my classmate in high school and currently my classmate in university, in front of the ballroom of The Prime City Hotel, the place where we will have our reunion.

"Are you ready, Mrs. Princess?" she asked with her sweet smile which could make any people who sees it to fall in love with her at the very first sight.

"A little bit nervous, to be honest."

"Don't worry, Yeji. You have me by your side," she replied with an assuring, wide smile which make her honey-like eyes getting smaller.

I am feeling like a ton of stones were put on my shoulders. First, we are reaching the door to the Narnia. Nah, just kidding. We are reaching the door in which, it will lead us to the ballroom which is probably had been quite crowded as it was already nine in the evening. Secondly, I am holding hands with my fiancé who is a very sweet and caring to me but all I can do is comparing her with my ex who left me without any clues. Lastly, I am really hoping that SHE will be in THAT room.

She leads our walks. I touched the doorknob to open it. But suddenly it was opened from the inside. My eyes widened when I see that person. Sparks filled my eyes. My really huge smile was formed immediately as soon I saw their faces.

"Hey Yeji! Long-time no see! Hello Julia! Nice to meet you." Chaeryoung greeted me with his huge smile. HAHAHA GOTCHA! It is not her. Too soon to have my goals to be accomplished.

"OMG! You have changed into a real matured sweet gorgeous and pretty lady, Chaeryoung," me and Julia greeted him with the same excited tone with the same sentence simultaneously. SIMULTANEOUSLY. Since when did we have such quite good telepathy?

"Omo. If I may ask, is it only our Mrs. Lecturer is becoming more matured, sweet, gorgeous and pretty? What about me, Yeji? Julia?" Yuna asked with a smirk on her face.

"You are still as same as what we both meet you yesterday, dude." I replied with an annoyed face. Indeed, the three of us; me, Julia and Yuna are often having our weekly meet up as we have a plenty of time to be spent together. It is only Chaeryoung who couldn't keep up with such weekly meet up as she is a really busy lecturer. Conferences to be attended, assignments to be marked and talks to be given.

"Alright then. I know that deep in your hardened heart you admitted that I am having a better-looking than this Mrs. Lecturer. Am I right, Mrs and Mrs Soon-To-Be-Lawyers?" Yuna provoked us. Yes, she will never give up on anything.

"Whatever, Mrs Soon-To-Be-A-CEO. My Mrs Soon-To-Be-A-Lawyer is still the best. She is still the most beautiful person that I have ever met in my life." Julia chuckled while hugging my arms. I smiled proudly but at the same time being burdened with her statement as I know that I couldn't love her the way she loved me. 'I am sorry Julia. I really love you. I couldn't deny that I am developing my feelings for you. But I loved her more.'

"Let's go in. The occasion is about to start. Anyway, where are both of you heading to?" I asked both Chaeryoung and Yuna.

"We are actually heading out to search for you guys. Both of you are not answering the phone. So, we decided to wait for both of you outside. Luckily, we don't need to wait for you guys any longer. But unfortunately, we are in an unwanted conversation, comparing who is having a better looking," Chaeryoung answered and as usual, she is being as savage as he can to the three of us.

The three of us chuckled by her dull and straight-without-filters words. We entered the ballroom and was amazed by the way of the room was decorated. We walked to our assigned seats by both of my crack friends leading the way meanwhile Julia greeted some of her friends on our way. She is being as friendly as usual, as cheeky as usual.

Me and Julia were seated next to each other; of course. Chaeryoung's seat is beside mine and Yuna's is beside Julia's. The occasion had already started. Everyone was seated but I haven't saw her yet. I wasn't paying attention to the emcee at all because I was too busy staring at the entrance.

"Yeji!" Chaeryoung half yelled into my right ear.

"Yes?"

"What are you thinking? Why are you staring at the entrance?"

"Nothing. I was just thinking of something."

"You can't fool any of us here, Yeji."

"We know that you are looking for her." Yuna interrupted. I was shocked by that interruption.

"It was written all over your face." This time, Julia is the one who spoke. My face was hardened. My guilt is now as high as the Himalayas.

"Haha. No offense. I haven't seen her since that day. I am just wondering on how much she will change." I answered with a really fake smile that I wished nobody will notice it.

"Stop faking your smiles, Yeji." Julia said. "and it seems like she is not here yet," she continued.

"Yeah it seems to be like that," I answered, and my eyes stared into Julia's eyes. My heart began thumping but I didn't know what it was for. Am I falling more to Julia? Or am I just feeling nervous that Julia knew that I have not moved on from her even though years had passed?

The party started. Everyone was dancing and chatting. I stay seated with Julia not leaving my side. I held her hands. She tightened our grip. Our eyes met and again, she gives me her assuring smile.