Chapter 23

It is just eight in the morning when Yeji pulled up the long driveway leading to her parent's house. She has not tell anyone that she is coming, and isn't entirely sure what the reception will be, once she told them what is in her mind.

Yeonjun, the guard of the house is sitting in the guard post when she arrived.

"Welcome home, Yeji. It seems that you are up to something."

"Wow, how can you tell that?"

"I have been working with your family for twenty-five years, Yeji. Of course, I would have known the facial expression of yours." The old man answered. (pardon me for making Yeonjun an old man BECAUSE I NEED A LITTLE PAYBACK BECAUSE HE IS DOING AND MAKING SHITS IN OTHER RYEJI FF HAHAHHAHA)

"Do you want to tell me anything, Yeji? Before you meet your parents?"

"I met Ryujin."

A shocked expression could be seen over his face. It is sure a shock for him as he knew what is going on between the two lovers.

"When? Where? How?"

"It is a long story, Yeonjun. I will tell you later after I finished talking to the two old parents of mine." Yeji flashed her smile towards Yeonjun, who is at around her father's age who is acting like her real father, rather than her own father.

"Do you want to talk about her?"

"Yes."

Yeonjun smiled upon hearing Yeji's answer and wished her good luck.

Yeji smiled faintly over a big picture of her and her parents that was hung on the wall, directly in front of the entrance. She then makes her way to the living room on the second floor.

There, she could see both of her parents, one is reading the newspaper and the other one is using her phone.

"Hello mom and dad." With that, the two who are too occupied with what they are doing turned their head towards her.

"Yeji! I missed you so much. you haven't come here since the previous month." Yeji's mother, Mrs Hwang stand up and walked towards Yeji and hugged her tightly.

Yeji who stayed still and did not returning her mother's hug made her father raised one of his eyebrows, slightly concerned with his daughter's action.

"Is there anything wrong, Yeji?" her mother asked.

"Let her have her seat first, honey." Her father instructed, moving to the sofa that is put in the center of the room.

Yeji then makes her way to sit in front of her father. Her mother then took a seat beside her father.

"Are you okay, Yeji? Is everything alright?" her father asked, concerns could be seen from his face.

"Nothing is right, right now."

"Why was it?" her mother asked as soon as Yeji finished her words.

"What have you done seven years ago, mom?" Yeji fixed her gaze on her mom's eyes.

"What are you talking about, dear?"

"Don't dear me when everything you did is always for yourself. Only for you and dad. Not for me."

Her father keeps his calm over Yeji's statement.

"What are you here for?" her father asked with a stern face.

"I want to ask about Ryujin."

Both of their faces turned pale. Yeji chuckled lightly upon witnessing her parent's expression's change.

"Why are both of you turning pale? Have you done anything that should not be done?"

"No. We have done nothing wrong. We have done what should be done by us. We must refrain you from contacting her. And look at you now. You are better without her."

"What are you talking about? I am better without her? I am at my worst without her existence." Yeji bursts into rage and stood up, trying to walk out of the house.

"Manners, young lady. Sit down." Mr Hwang quickly said after calming his own self.

He now doesn't bother to look over his daughter.

"No, thanks. I want you to tell me why did you do that to her? Why must you threaten her in the very first place? Why are you chasing her away? What she had done until you need to take such actions? Was it worth the effort? I don't know how you managed to do that without me knowing about it. After seven years, I finally know why did she left me. I am an idiot for not noticing those things. I am an idiot for wailing and hurting myself as I thought I am the one who was at fault, making her leave me and everything that we had."

"There is nothing to discuss here. I did what I had to do." Mr Hwang stated, still remained seated, sipping the tea that their maid had served.

"You have no right to do that! You have put my relationship at stake! We even broke-up due to your actions. She need to be somewhere far from her parents, just to calm her hurt heart. To mend her torn heart. What do you think if I ran away just like her? Will it do good to you?"

"No. Don't be. I don't want you to be missing." Mrs Hwang interrupted.

"That is what her mother is feeling, mom! Her only daughter left her because some old hags had threatened her to leave her girlfriend. They had lost contact for almost a year, not until Ryujin suddenly came home before they wanted to leave for USA."

"She have returned to her family. So, what is the problem here?" her father retaliated.

"No, she doesn't. I just visited her mom yesterday and guess what she said? Ryujin couldn't even reach their home because she will always remembered the day when your men invaded their house and wreck it upside down, just wanting to threaten her to leave me. Is it a necessary thing to be done? You should just have to talk to me, and I will find my way at least to convince you that we are a good match. Not by using violence."

Upon hearing no answer from her dad, she continued, "I don't have anyone else in my heart except her, mom, dad. I am getting tired in facing the cruel world. I felt like I want to leave this world. It has been years, but my memories with her will always be played over and over again."

"Whatever, Yeji. Now is not the time for you to say such things. Your wedding is just by this weekend. Don't you ever dare to do anything that could make me feel humiliated." Her father warned her with a fierce face.

"No, I am not doing anything. I have nothing to hold onto right now. Ryujin already said that she wanted to move on from me. I came here just for an explanation."

"Okay then. Bear in your mind, Yeji, that we are your parents. We have every right to do so. we are the one who will determine who you are dating and who you will be getting married with. End of discussion."

Yeji is speechless and felt defeated. She wiped her tears and stared at both of her parents.

"I hate both of you. I thought I could count on you, but I was wrong." Yeji's voice was soft and emotionless.

"Don't you worry. I wont run away. I will attend the marriage ceremony. Just give me some time to cool down." And with that, she left the house, with tears smeared on her face.