Chapter 22

"Hello? Yeji? Is this really you?" a soothing voice entered Yeji's ears and made her tears formed for the second time today.

"Can we meet?" hesitantly, Yeji asked the person at the end of the line.

"What for? I thought that we have really ended our connections before."

"Just please, can we meet? I have something to ask you."

"Can't you just ask me here?"

"Just say that it is an excuse for me to meet you."

"Then my answer is no, dear. I don't want to ruin anything."

"You are ruining something if you refuse to meet me. Just please?"

A sigh could be heard from the other speaker.

"You know where to find me, Yeji." And with that, the call is hung up.

Yeji released a sigh before throwing her phone somewhere on the bed. After a while, she fell asleep with tears and weariness could be seen clearly from her face.

The next day will be a new day for Yeji after a month being locked up in her room, wailing over her breakup with Ryujin. She quickly turned off the alarm and went to the bathroom for shower. She dressed up in her casual suit, not wanting to be dressed up too fancy during her meet with a certain someone.

Half an hour later, Yeji was found on the road, driving her car heading to where the sea is situated. Once she arrived at her destination, she quickly get off of her car and rang the bell. Not so long after, the door was opened from inside, revealing a lady in her mid-50's.

"Hi, mom." Yeji greeted the lady while offering her a bouquet of flowers that she bought on her way there.

"Hi, my dear Yeji. It has been a long time since we last met." The lady takes the bouquet and offered her a hug, instead of a handshake.

The are embracing each other for nearly a good five minutes before they released their hug.

"Come in, dear. Make yourself at home."

Yeji bowed to the lady before entering the house.

"This house never change." Yeji smiled widely, remembering the house's interior design a few years back.

"It change, Yeji. The person here changed." The lady replied while smiling timidly towards the other.

The lady then goes to the kitchen with Yeji following from her back.

"Have you eaten your breakfast, dear?"

"Nope. The moment I woke up this morning, I quickly took my shower as quick as I could and drove here. I can't wait to meet you, mom."

"Then I guess I need to feed you first before you turned into a monster. A hungry Yeji is not good for me."

Yeji laughed at the lady's comment before she helped her in preparing the table for them to have their breakfast. They exchanged their stories with each other. Laughs could be heard here and there amidst their chats. Once they finished their meal, Yeji once again helped her to clean up the mess.

They then take their seat confronting each other in the living room.

"Is this about Ryujin?" the lady started the conversation, after she saw Yeji fidgeting her fingers, trying to start the conversation without any wrong starter.

Yeji who was caught off-guard looked at the lady and gave her a smile, indicating that her assumption is true.

"So, what is it that you want to ask?"