Chapter 19

Yeddeong,

How are you doing? It has been a year since I last saw you. I am doing just fine. I thought of writing letters to you. I wanted to share everything to you through this. It is just a fragment of my imagination because I am sure that you will never read this. I will only be writing for you until I can finally let you go.

I am currently learning on how to garden and paint from the two Sons, Son Chaeyoung and Son Mina. They have a daughter named Son Nayoung. I thought of you when I first saw them. It was our dream to have a family like them. Living in a house with a garden to work with and having a child to baby and play with. The Sons reminded me of how things could have turned out if you came that day. I guess running away was not a really good plan. We are still young, and we still have a lot to experience. Maybe that is the reason on why you didn't show up back then.

I still love you despite of your decision. I was a fool to ask you to run away with me. I am the fool for putting my trust on you after what you have told me before, in your letter. The regrets are still haunting me. I wished that I stood up to them when they told me to leave you or at least, beg to you not to leave me. I really wish that I stayed instead of running away.

I love you and I still do but the only thing that I could do is now to hope that you will be happy, no matter who are you sharing your happiness with. Hwang Yeji, I am sorry for everything. I love you and will always do. I will take our memories to my next life and hope that we could spend our life together, being all happy and loving each other as much as we can. That is all for my very first letter to you, Yeddeong.

With love,

Ryuddaeng

-----------------------------------------

"What is she talking about? Who asked her to leave you? Did you write her any letter before she left?" Yuna asked Yeji while massaging her temple. Her head is aching after reading the letter.

"Yuna, I really don't know what Ryujin is talking about. I don't even know about the letter. I don't think I ever wrote her any letter."

"So, you really don't know anything, huh?" Chaeyoung suddenly interrupted while standing by the door, looking directly into Yeji's eyes. Nayoung is standing right beside her.

"Wait a minute. Do you know anything? Like the real thing behind all of these things?" Yeji asked while motioning her hand towards the two Sons.

"Of course." Mina answered while brushing her neck.

"Let me tell them. Actually, Ryujin didn't come here to study. A few years back, we saw her sitting at a bench near the mountains. Nayoung went to greet her. We then have a small chat before knowing that she have no where to sleep. She just arrived here on the day we met. We offered her to rest here, at our place. After a while, she started to open up to us. She said that she had lost someone that is so dear to her. She can't even stop thinking about that precious person of hers. Sometimes, she will start crying when she thought about you. Soon after, she learned gardening from Mina because it reminds her of you, on how you wanted to have a house with a beautiful garden. She started to save up her salary to buy a house at the hill as her real intention in moving here is because the two of you had once dreaming of having a house by the hill as it is calming and private. I hate it when everything that she does is for you and not for herself. I tried to stop her from doing anything that could remind her of you but all of it are useless. I failed miserably. I can't believe that she had wasted her time doing something for someone who didn't show up when she needed her the most. You could have told her that you don't want to run away with her. You don't need to leave her hanging like that." Chaeyoung told Yeji on what is happening to Ryujin and how they met.

"I think there is some misunderstanding here." Chaeryoung said while grabbing Yeji's hand, trying to give her some strength.

"Yes, she is the one who had leave without saying anything to any of us, including to Yeji." Yuna suddenly stood beside Yeji.

"I don't need an explanation. Ryujin is the one who need any sort of explanation that you have for her." Chaeyoung said while shaking her head.

"I am sorry Chaeyoung if she went through that pain alone."

"She is not alone. She have all of us. Just tell your sorry to her. We don't deserve it as the one who is suffering because of you is her, not us."

"I will do that, after we meet."

"You must make sure to do what you have said."

"Before that, may I know why did you called her by Ryujin? Meanwhile the others called her Joanne?" Yeji asked with her red eyes. She surely is holding her tears.

"Oh, it is just we are more comfortable in addressing her as Ryujin. Joanne is only for someone who may be considered as strangers for her." Mina replied to Yeji's question.

"But for Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Jihyo, Jennie and Lisa's case, they are more comfortable in addressing her as Joanne as she insisted to be called like that in their first meet. So, it is quite awkward for someone to change the name that they are used to address someone." Chaeyoung added.

"Oh. So, it seems like the both of you know her friends very well, if I may say." Chaeryoung said while nodding her head.

"Yes, because afterall, she had lived with us for quite a long time." Mina said while smiling sweetly towards the trio.

"Then, let me walk you up there. The road is bumpy and hilly. Walking would be a better option rather than driving." Chaeyoung walked over the door, waiting the other three to follow her.

The trio started to walk towards the door when Mina suddenly stopped them.

"Yeji, if you are being true in your words towards us just now, on how you wanted to be with her again so badly, and about not knowing anything about that day, I really hope that you can fix this. Please don't make her feel the same pain as before. She is not going to make it if you added the pain that she is already suffering with. It hurts to see her wailing in pain and sadness."

"I will, Mina. This time, I will try my best to put everything back to its position as it should be."

A few minutes after, the four of them had started to hike up the hill. Mina stayed back in their mansion as she need to take care of Nayoung.

"I am sorry for my grumpy attitude just now. Ryujin is like our family. She lived alone and seeing her in pain broke my heart into pieces."

"Wait. She lived alone?"

"Yes. After about a year staying here, her parents decided to go back to USA. She met them before they leave. She doesn't want to leave because maybe in one fine day, her one and only Yeddeong will come and look for her. However, she had once considered leaving to be with her family at USA once she heard about your engagement, but she decided not to as she wanted to spend more time with us, her newly made friends."

"She is really a strong one. She had gone through a lot since she left." Yuna sigh and panted as she had started to feel tired from the walking.

Yeji kept her silent through the walk meanwhile the other three had their small talks about this and that, not mentioning Ryujin as they would want to give some space to Yeji to think straight and to decide what she want to do once she meet Ryujin.

'It is our dream to build a house at somewhere like this. Having a house on the hill that is facing the sea. We wanted a peaceful life where we could live happily with our kids. You are really something, Ryuddaeng.'

The four of them then arrived at the top. A quite big house could be seen at the end of the road.

"That is her house, Yeji." Chaeyoung pointed at the house.