Chapter 24

Yeji found herself in front of Heejin's condo residence. She didn't know why her body brings her there. Her mind's probably gambled on its own on the chances of who is available to comfort her devastated self.

Yeji pressed the buzzer of the front door revealing her cousin in her yoga outfit after she waited within seconds. Yeji didn't say a word when she launched herself towards Heejin and hold onto the taller girl's body, crying her eyes out.

Heejin was fast to keep herself standing still and comforting Yeji by rubbing the girl's back. "Come on. Let's get you inside."

Heejin didn't ask anything. She knew the girl just needed comfort. Yeji wasn't the type who can be alone during her down time. She could cry herself out until she collapsed if nobody's there to soothe her. She also knew what had happened years back, where Yeji locked herself up once Ryujin is nowhere to be found.

Heejin sat them on her couch. Yeji was bawling her eyes out and Heejin just let her be, as much as she wanted to ask her cousin on what had happened, she would give the girl some time to calm herself down first.

The two stayed like that for almost an hour until Heejin realized that Yeji has fallen asleep. She lose herself from Yeji's embrace since the sleeping girl was literally clutching on her neck and went to the kitchen to prepare something to eat for as much she knows Yeji will usually look for food after she woke up.

It was about 9PM when Yeji woke up with a headache. She rubbed her eyes gently and scanned her surroundings. It doesn't take long to notice that she's in Heejin's house when she inhaled the living room's perpetual scent. Heejin loves the smell so much and decided to never change it. 'It's my signature fragrance from now on.' Yeji recalled.

"You're awake. You should freshen yourself up. Go take a shower. I'll reheat the food." Yeji looked at Heejin's direction and lazily got up and went to the bathroom.

Yeji later rummaged through Heejin's drawers to look for a pair of shorts and an oversize tee. To her, anything that Heejin can put on, means she sure as hell can fit as well since they both wear the same size. That's how it went between the two cousins. Either Heejin ransacking Yeji's wardrobes or the other way around.

"When did you cook?" Yeji appeared from the bedroom hallway, walking towards the kitchen counter.

"Earlier when you was asleep. I was craving this food anyway. Grab the spoons. Let's dig in." Yeji and Heejin sat on the four sitting dining table and waste no time munching on the kimchi fried rice.

"I didn't know you can cook. This is hella good!" Yeji compliments.

"Girl. My mom would literally chop my hands off if I don't use them for cooking. You know how crazy she can get." Heejin replied.

Yeji suddenly went silent. She slowly munched on what's left in her mouth and stop eating afterwards.

"What's wrong? Did you swallow a lump of salt?" Heejin genuinely questioned.

"I'm full." Heejin gave a questioning looks, not trusting the girl who's sitting in front of her.

"I've known you my entire life Yeji, you don't get to fool me. You had two spoons of rice. You're the one who always finishes everything up. So, what is it? But wait. On a second thought, let me have a few more bites then we'll talk." Yeji felt like she's almost teared up but then she snorts seeing her cousin's current state.

------

"She did that?? Wow Yeji. No offends but, that's one hell of a mistress of evil's work right there. Did they tell you why they did that?" Heejin's attention was fully on Yeji right now.

She can't believe that her aunt and uncle has the guts to do dirty on their one and only child. All this time she looked up on the older Hwangs.

"They are taking in charge of my life Heejin. I never see this coming. She's my mum for crying out loud! Would you think bad about your mum?!?" Yeji groaned in frustration.

"I mean, I do some-," Yeji agape at her cousin's unfinished sentence.

"Are you fucking serious Jeon? I'm telling your mum." Yeji threatened.

"Hold the fuck up Hwang. I'm not finished. My definition of bad moms is when they beat your ass to do the laundry when they know you're tired or they're probably going to match you up with some gross strangers that greets them on the side of the road. Not the type who would bug your-," Heejin was interrupted again by Yeji.

"Do you think she'll beat my ass if I ever tried to run away?" Yeji asked, expressing her concern to the other.

"It's not possible Yeji. You know how our parents works. It's all about business. Do you think Hyunjin is an angel that fell from the sky whom I found by myself? And do you really think I left Jiu because I don't want her anymore? Because I fell out of love? Think again Yeji." Heejin retorted with full mode sarcasm.

"You girls were matched? How come you never tell??" Heejin kept herself composed not wanting to relive her past just to lose herself again.

"You never ask. Besides, I don't want to explain myself anymore. Unless if l really have to or it's between life and death situation. But yes, Hyunjin is my miracle match."

Yeji was shocked but she didn't show it too much.

"Have you called Ryujin? She must be informed that you never know whatever was going on in the past, at least." Heejin asked.

Yeji nervously dialled Ryujin's numbers.

The call rings for a few second and Ryujin picks up. "Hello?" There. The voice that Yeji missed so much.

"Hello? Who's there? Don't joke around,"

"Ryuddaeng?" Yeji replied. She hears nothing but silence.

It was excruciating.

"Ryuddaeng? It's me Yeji." Yeji tried to probe other words but the line was cut off.

"What the?"

Yeji dialled Ryujin's numbers again but the call got rejected.

She tried for the third time and the number was ended up blocked by Ryujin.

"Sh- she blocked the num- number, Heejin. Ryujin blocked the number when she heard my voice. She surely wanted to cut every connection that she has with me. I guess, I really need to face up the reality. I need to do what I really need to do. After all, Lia will be my bride in a few days more. I can't back off from my promise to Ryujin." Yeji can't hold back the tears and she cried before Heejin could utter a word.

Heejin was quick to hold the girl in her arms, letting Yeji cries her heart out. Heejin gently patted Yeji's back. "Oh honey. It'll be okay. You will be okay."

-----

I WANT TO SAY THAT SHE IS VERY PRETTY 😭

AND OF COURSE, SHE IS VERY PRETTY TOO 😭