Chapter 29

Flashback

I closed my eyes and rested my head on the bench. The rain have started to pour. I don't even care about anything right now. I am not going to see her anymore. She have already started her journey to move on from me. And may be, she is already in the USA, together with her family, trying to start a new life.

'I am not going to forget you, Ryuddaeng.'

The rain drops began to be heavier, but I couldn't care less. I wanted to be soaked under the rain. I wanted to calm myself a bit before leaving the house for the very last time.

All of a sudden, I couldn't feel the raindrops on me. I can clearly hear the rain pouring down, but I didn't feel the drops anymore. I opened my eyes to find someone holding an umbrella.

"Dumbass! Are you trying to get sick?"

"Ryuddaeng?"

"Why are you sitting here? You will catch a cold. You are not good in managing yourself once you caught a fever."

"Ryuddaeng, I called off the wedding. No, we called off the wedding. Both me and Lia did that. We can.."

"Yeddeong, I already knew. Lia told me."

Shocked, I asked her on how she knew about that from Lia.

"I went to Seoul this morning with the Sons. We could only meet Lia. We have our small chats and she told me everything that had happened today."

"Why are you there?"

"Well, after you left, she didn't stop crying." I averted my gaze towards Mina, who is sharing the same umbrella with Chaeyoung.

"Mina is right. I shouldn't be waiting for the next time or the next life. I should be fighting for what I want. I couldn't stop thinking about you for the past month. As a matter of fact, I never stop thinking about you for the past seven years. But, it hurts me more after you left. I decided to meet you, but you already left."

"Both of you are stubborn. Both of you never do as you are told to. To forget and move on. I really hope that both of you will be fine after this. Chaeng let's go home. I don't trust the girls with my baby."

"Alright, dear. Just take your time to settle all of the disputes between the two of you, okay? We will be waiting down there."

With that, the Sons made their way out of Ryujin's backyard garden, heading towards their house just down the hill.

Upon seeing no more silhouette in the garden other than us, I quickly hugged Ryujin as tight as I could, not wanting to let her leave me again. i hugged her as if my life is depending on it, just like how I need the oxygen to live. No, I am really in need of her presence in my life. I couldn't bear if she were to leave me again.

"Yeddeong, you are wet. You need to change your shirt or else you will catch a cold."

"No. Let's stay like this. I want to hug you more than you could ever thought of."

"What if I get sick?"

"I will take care of you then. I will take care of you until my last breath. I love you, Ryuddaeng."

"I love you too, Yeddeong." She replied while ruffling my wet hair.

"Can we go back to how it used to be?"

"What do you mean by that, Yeddeong?"

"Can we continue our love story?"

"Yeddeong, why do you think I went to Seoul this morning?"

"To meet me? You already said that just now."

"But what is it for?"

"To kiss me?"

"That is one of the things I wanted to. But no."

I frowned upon hearing that.

"I want to be with you, forever. That is why I went to Seoul. To meet your parents. To tell all them that I am still in love with you. To tell them that I can't live without you. To tell them that even though years had passed, but my love for you didn't die. It even grow bigger."

Everything is so fast, my face now is in her hands, and her lips are already on mine. Her kiss is so passionate and caring that I had no doubt as to what she had told me before.

And the rest is history.

-----------

One more chapter before this story ends!!! Aaaannddddd.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY HWANG YEJI 🥳

 HAPPY BIRTHDAY HWANG YEJI 🥳

Happiest birthday to one of the best leaders in the world

Happiest birthday to one of the best leaders in the world. Thank you for always being there for Itzy. Thank you for being their very best leader. Thank you for not giving up when things are hard. Thank you thank you thank you and a massive thank you for existing, making the world better. I love you leader Hwang 💕🙆